Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The change to Siege Engineers - going to blow up but for wrong reason . .

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Making them ranged is going to piss off Melee Players as they are going to have to run around and chase them BUT I am noticing that they spend more than 1/2 their time trying to get clear of Melee and not shooting. As a result I could use a melee summons or my pet (like I am) and just destroying them easily. They need to be made a combination like I suggested and give them ability to throw pots of different styles for ranged and still toe to toe players.

sorry just a poorly implemented adjustment.

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I think it has blown up already Weins, lol. You are right though the sieges need a better balance than what it has been changed to. As a melee plate guy I am at an extreme disadvantage now that makes it not fun to play.

By Tor and twofoldsilence like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yeah Just addin to it Need to look DEEEp at eh change to the AI or ranged mobs, they are just trying to get away from stuff and not fighting.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I do not think you are suffering from damage as much as having to chase them all over. but yeah somthign seriously going haywire with how this happened.

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Oh no, I am getting torn apart due to the DR nerf. It's not fun at all and it's not just in the siege scenes. It's in level four/five tiers which I could solo easily at AL 83. Now I'm back to tier 3/4 and having a difficult time solo. Ugh...

By Tor and twofoldsilence like this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yeah I was trying to test it out but not affecting me and I see HUGE imbalance now it was a bad adjustment all around. All I see are problems from both ends.

The AI for the Engineers it terrible and if the DR is such a huge change as stated it will also create a problem so in the end they have totally broken the game. Now to see how they adjust.

I fear for the nerf hammer about to be swung as it will have ot hit so much in an attempt to "balance" it will have everyone ducking.

Tirello and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I know and it's frustrating for casual players like myself because it feels like such a HUGE step backwards. Especially for those of us utilizing plate armor.

By Tor and Nikko like this.
  8. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

IMHO sieges are for bands of players and not intended to solo. The way around to the towns is still easy but the siege-camps are not. I know it was easier in the past but implementing a group-content seems not to be a very bad idea. Accompanied by the looking-for-group-feature it may have a chance to improve the weak player-base. BTW we did some sieges yesterday with an archer and a healer/archer (both mid-level) and it was an interesting battle.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  9. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I think it's great that you think more party based content is needed, but as a single player online player that rarely parties up with others I find it discouraging. Especially, since SotA was kick started as a single/multi player game, but the developers keep moving it more and more to a multi player game. As a solo player I already can't survive most tier 5 areas, I can't kill any bosses, I can't play through the Hidden Vale, and all the new cool creatures they are adding such as the new Lichs, the Reapers, etc. are way too powerful for me to take on/defeat solo and I've played over 1400 hours and contributed a lot of hard earned money to SotA expecting a spiritual successor the Ultima single player games where as a single player character I could defeat at least reapers and trolls on my own. Furthermore, they keep adding arena style wave battles everywhere that are obviously geared to groups, so where's the high end solo content. Nowhere to be seen IMO.

Mishikal, Kara Brae and By Tor like this.
  10. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

I didn't say it is needed - I said they think more group-content will improve the playerbase and I feel they may succeed with this plan in gathering more new players. You can play solo and finish the three pathes - it doesn't take much time but it was clear that SOTA won't be a solo-game for many months.

I agree that being a solo-player is a hard fight. Therefore the new lfg-feature may help you. If you don't like grouping at all SOTA may not be the game for you.
    The arena-battles are the "new" thing based on the wishes of some. Time will show if they reacted to a minority and the big community wants something completely different.
    For my part SOTA has lost me mostly with many aspects of the game (e.g. missing merchant areas/auctioneers, weak pass-action, uninteresting overlandtravel, unbalanced pvp, weak crating, broken quests, ..). Everything not the way a modern RPG could be. Maybe in some years ... 8D

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  11. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

Yup sieges have become impossible alone for melee/plate. While AOE Casters can stand still now in a couple of spots cast their aoes while the engineers oblige them staying out of melee range while standing in Meteor Showers

Oyjord Hansen and Cordelayne like this.
  12. i395

i395 Avatar

Sieges are crap. The siege engineers do way to much damage. Some of them doing 3-4 hundred per shot is bad enough but they are also stacked on top of each other! Its lunacy!

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

def stance, death shield, fortify def, glancing blow/dodge and evasion depending is heavy or light armored, douse, purify and celestial blessing vs the mages. Keep the heals going. As far as them being archers now, for a forest siege, first catapult on the right, go in the tents and lure them to you, second catapult on the right lure them around the tree, catapult on the left lure them up and down the ramp in front of the catapult. You do not have to chase an enemy npc around if you know they will chase you if you line of site them.

Barugon likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Don't forget the two blessings that give you +25 dodge total.

15. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

For blessings, I like to use presevation and healing for 3 day blessings, and int and adventure level for town blessings. Dragon stew and bear surprise for food buffs.

16. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

In addition to Mac's tips, use roots (Earth spell and Skewer with polearms) for archers and mages if they try to run away, it works really well.

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Body Slam also works great against archers and mages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.