Music and Books should get marked by player who imports file and titles the sheet/book.

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Viper_Venom, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

If someone crafts blank books or sheets of music, their name is tagged to them. It will say sheet of music crafted by CRAFTER.

If they sell that item to a bard or writer and that bard or writer records their song or book, then it still says crafted by CRAFTER.

It's like saying the company tho made the tablet paper should get credit for the poet who wrote their poem on that paper.

People cannot preview these items, before buying them, so it's important they know they are buying from someone they trust.

As a solution, I suggest to either change the name to the person who imports the file onto the sheet/book or have both names there. Crafted by and Created by or something like that.

2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

3. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

And while we're at it: It would be nice if the message "you started playing..." included a "by XY" information. I include my mark in all my abc files, but when writing them to sheet music, that information gets lost. A player playing from that music sheet won't know who created the song.

mute209 likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

The author should really be different from either the crafter or creator, though. "Written by", it should be a custom field.

Honestly, I don't even like "Crafted by" or "Created by". Its fine for whomever likes them, but if I want to put some written notes or lore books for making quests, it harms their authenticity. It would be kind of nice if the crafter of any item, not just books, could prevent this field from showing on whatever he made. Player option in this case makes sense.

In the mean time, we have to be able to set the book author with a custom field, though.

that_shawn_guy and LoneStranger like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Btw, just a thought. To the extent there is a "Created by", might be better worded as "Scribed by"/'Transcribed by", which would contrast with any "Written by" field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.