Darkstarrs comment on MMORPG - My opinion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord_Darkmoon, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirjhaf Uth'Mathar

Mirjhaf Uth'Mathar Avatar

I do not understand, why people, who put so much energy to criticize a Games. If the game does not satisfy this people, why this person do not just go away elsewhere, and they go to play another game, if they are so disappointed. ?
    I backed this Games, I play it for 2 years now. I do not understand why so much criticism.
    SOTA is not perfect, but it offers a lot of game options that other games do not offer.
    SOTA is getting better and better with time. please, learn to be patient
    The problem now in 2018 is that new mentality : '' I want all right now what I ask, and without any fault '' before asking for something Perfect, when we ourselves are far from perfect, how can we become with so less logic?

I understand that people have to give their money, and their people there, want to have a product to what they expect, but still try to understand, that you are not alone in this world, and that all cannot turn around your requests. :(

Long live Portalarium, and thank you for all the efforts you make, to satisfy the maximum of people.

Sorry again for my English, its not good as I would like it.

Mirjhaf Uth'Mathar
    Guardien du Lys

2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Yet now it is released. And at least I have certain expectations regarding a released product. Something that is worth my money.

This is part of the problem. The game is RELEASED and this should mean that it has reached a certain status. Yet people still pretend it is in development - no, they charge full price and call it released. Further development should be additional and not to finish a product which should have been finished at RELEASE. Enough with patience.

Mykll likes this.
  3. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I am enjoying myself and hope to see more of this great game.

My one gripe is targeting drives me nuts and the overland map I prefer one big world. However I knew that was how it was going to be before I spent 1 dollar. No lies or tricks or scams.

4. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

In other words, by continuing to support, we are accepting "this" (refer to OP for context) Hence, supporting the game makes us insane. That's the breakdown of what you said.

2. Supporting this project isn't irrational or insane because it is a good product with plenty of potential, even though you personally want to write it off just because of semantics ie "Released" in a state that you are not personally satisfied with. I think episode 2 will be great for expanding the population due to mounts alone. Really though what is insane is that Portalarium will allow someone to attack supporters in the manner you are here. It's their job to find funding for the game so it's detrimental for them to allow someone to berate their supporters as you are here and have done for as long as I can remember. It makes me not want to support them if they can't even figure out something so basic, even if their rationale is to allow it because you are such a big fan.

3. This is an online game and after over two decades of playing them I can honestly tell you that there will always be bugs on every game in the genre, especially with those that have such large monthly releases. However, Shroud of the Avatar doesn't have, and has never had any large scale, gamebreaking bugs, and my proof of that is in the game not being broken. It has always had ~the same size population (since the months following persistence), with no serious decreases. I would give Portalarium an A grade in the bug department. They are clearly committed to the project in that regard and are in no way sloppy.

amarious likes this.
  5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

And you've stated in no uncertain terms that you don't believe this product meets your requirements.
    You've been offered the opportunity to be made whole... I will still purchase your account.

But we're the not sane ones with a problem...

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2018
  6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

It is not semantics! Release should have a meaning! At least it once had a meaning and just because devs want to sell unfinished products for full price the meaning has changed? And having to fear that every single quest you do breaks the game is not just "some" bugs.
    [Edited]

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2018
  7. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

It is by definition. Maybe "release" had more of a meaning back when games came out on cartridges or discs, before the internet when patches could be promptly delivered, but these days it's little more than a word. It just isn't a strong argument. We're getting real-time bug fixes and monthly updates here. What's really changed?

8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You're the one that said I'm not sane, Sir.
    I've already said:
    Your original post is combatitive and argumentative.
    It was posted seeking conflict... A reaction...
    Congratulations, you've achieved what you desired.
    And when this thread is Moderated, it will be the outcome you hoped to have... A self fulfilling prophecy that will reinforce your beliefs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  9. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Changed has the fact that those updates are not released to extend the game with additional content or fix the remaining Bugs (only), but to finish a game which should have been finished at release.

10. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

People disagree with you then they "bash" the critics ? So, let me guess, we HAVE to agree with you ?

[​IMG]

11. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Going on the offensive, then falling back to playing the victim, is a transparent, pedantic, and inexcusable rhetorical strategy.

12. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Suuuure. But do what you want. You managed it. You scared me away, scared me to death….!!!!! ;) Perfect community. But what else did I expect after five years from the same people?

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Demonstrably false...

14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I frankly dont care where you spend your money... not at all. Im sure you have silly things you spend your money on. Dont tell me how to spend my money, dont tell me how to spend my time, dont tell me that I shouldn't like something that I like.

Its that simple.

15. EightbitX

EightbitX Avatar

Look, the long and short of what he is trying to state here is that he is nervous and worried that the money he invested into the game is going to end up being for naught, i too express concern concidering i spent nearly 500+ dollars to upgrade my bundle last telethon. I enjoy the PROMISE this game is being built on but if devs dont act quickly the lights aren't going to be on for much longer. i monitor and track the steam charts population and although that only tells a portion of the numbers, its dwindled from the 5-600 players i saw around release/ double xp to low 200s, i dont want the game to crash and burn, i want it to succeed because there are alot of actually good systems here that just need to be fleshed out and polished, but i want my concerns addressed to some fashion, and darkstarr actually replying to the review and stating that things will be improving in the future is a good step in the right direction. alot of the reasons why people are steering clear is how inaccessable things such as housing is. to buy anything above a row home is absolutely ridiculous to someone who works full time and has many bills to pay. YES, these things can be found in game for in game gold, or dropped from bundles, but most people want to be able to have a cool place to customize and call home in Novia sooner than later. i want more dungeon delving and even randomly generated pve content to be a thing, more repeatable and fun content, more loot especially gold need fixing. combat and animations have been expressed time and time again and im not going to beat that dead horse. are you insane for sticking around and enjoying the ride? no. but speak up, tell people your concerns THIS is what transparent development is for. dont stand idle and pretend everything is fine because if that is the case, nothing ever will be done.

Hornpipe likes this.
  16. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Lord Darkmoon has voiced his opinion.
    Unfortunately the thread has taken a toxic turn and got destructive and does not add any constructive value to the Community, which is why we are closing it.

SmokerKGB, Chatele, Koss and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.