Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Downloaded QA and now game will not launch on QA or normal

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Grape-Ape, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grape-Ape

Grape-Ape Avatar

1. Downloaded QA and now game will not launch on QA or normal
    2. 100%
    3. YES
    4.Downloaded the QA patch after watching community livestream, the game freezes before getting to menu, then on live the game does the same. I do not know how 1 download could corupt another program, but i tried to launch the game in steam and it also is performing the same way. i will attach a picture below of both programs stuck.
    5. download the QA patch
    6. This information wll need to be pulled from another one of my bug reports

[​IMG]

2. Grape-Ape

Grape-Ape Avatar

I unistalled every version of the game on my computer, updated everthing and reinstalled the game. the problem persists i cannot load shroud of the avatar. this is a huge problem for me. any advice would be nice

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

just a guess, @Grape-Ape, but did your uninstall include cleaning the registry entries?

4. Grape-Ape

Grape-Ape Avatar

I honestly do not know. I have zero computer science education. All three programs (sota launcher, steam, and QA) were uninstalled using the control panel. after which of each the computer was restarted. on any option given i chose a complete uninstall. Thankyou very much for your response

5. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Grape-Ape do you have any Antivirus installed that might interfere here?

- after installing the game check it for quarantined or blocked files -

I saw a dev post about it but can't remember where....

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that was here but i think it was meant to apply to the map only. can't hurt to check the checklist, though.

7. Grape-Ape

Grape-Ape Avatar

This is a serious issue for me... i have dedicated 5 hours to fixing this problem. The new install of the game allows me to log-in and choose to start in scene or world map, however both options leave me with a blank screen (except art) as seen above. there is never a loading % given and the program will stay on for hours at that stage until force to shut-down

8. Grape-Ape

Grape-Ape Avatar

It is also important to note that i can change the game options at the menu screen before i attempt to start in world, i have disabled and enabled almost every option combination, nothing gets the game to transition between the choice of starting and actual loading into game

9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Grape-Ape if you install the non steam one, and run the game, try login and let it sit there a little, kill it, then right click on the launcher, select open file location, it should take you to ssomewhere with about 3 folders and a few files, one folder is called "Shroud of the Avatar_data" ( eg not the one called Launcher_data) in there should be an sota_log.txt if you double click that press ctrl+end it will take you to the bottom.. looking from the bottom going back up the file, are there errors?

10. Grape-Ape

Grape-Ape Avatar

Are there any Devs who care to give any advice? The problem persist and i have had zero feedback from anyone at portalarium. @Devs do you care?

11. Grape-Ape

Grape-Ape Avatar

I have spend an average of 200$ a month on the game. i perform any bug report I can and also do my best to help to players for retention in game... The game is now un-accessible for me, I wasted hours uninstalling an reinstalling versions based on the feedback i have gotten. I do not work in the tech field and do not have the ability to recognize errors in files, Im just a basic gamer and customer... The game is no-longer in Alpha stages, i should not have this issue. If i dont get a response I do not believe i will come back to the game, This is not fun

12. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Of course we care! Please understand it is very difficult to give everyone one one one attention for specific machine issues, but we try our best and do it as timely as we possibly can. I'm sorry you feel that way. I truly cannot think of another project I've been a part of where the staff has been so open and accessible to everyone. I consider it a good thing.

Everyone has been giving you great advice which is what is important for PC troubleshooting/tech support. I can't think of any patch we can do for you that would fix this for you at this time, from the QA standpoint. Yes, this is tough, especially since we cannot sit directly in front of your machine. But remember you are a part of a community. We devs rely heavily on our community to help one another which has been wonderful to see...

You can do a verify file check via Steam:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

But please listen to the community and the questions that were raised up above as well :)
    @Grape-Ape

Elrond likes this.
  13. Grape-Ape

Grape-Ape Avatar

I have listened to the community, it is not a matter of taking advice, it has to do with ability.. I looked at the file, but as far as i can tell its normal, but i have no point of reference on what it is suppose to look like... Honestly though you are right, u cannot fix the problem for me and if i cannot fix the problem it just means i cannot play the game anymore

14. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Grape-Ape if you wish to email me the file, i will read it and look for all i can. I may not work for port but ive been a computer geek for 33 years..

Lexie and Elrond like this.
  15. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I've had a similar issue when my antivirus was blocking the loading. Turned out all i need to do was to update then everything was fine. Cant hurt if you try update or disable to see if thats whats causing your problem also.

Lexie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.