Rauchbier Platz - Virtue, Chaos and Brewing Quests

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by greenerpastures, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Greetings Avatars,

Rauchbier Platz is proud to present three ongoing quests that all are welcome to attempt. These quests will test your virtuous (or not so virtuous) nature, and will have lasting effects when you visit our town. These are "self-service" quests, in that you can do them at your leisure (apart from a portion of one quest described below).

Oh, and there are rewards for completing the quest line and ongoing chances for rewards based on how you complete them!

What are the quests and how do I find them?

Three quests have been constructed in the player owned town of Rauchbier Platz (see the end of this post for directions to town). All three quests begin in the Walhalla Museum of Virtue, Chaos and Brewing; signs and notes in town and just inside the museum will help guide you to the start of the quests. Three books inside the museum will start the quests.

Virtue Quest - A Friend's Sacrifice

A woman needs your help to try and steer her friend back onto the path of the virtues, will you sacrifice your own things or will you push her toward the path of chaos?

Chaos Quest - An Opportunity for Chaos

A theft of invaluable treasure has occurred in Rauchbier Platz. Recover the treasure and confront Hannah Alpenglow in the most chaotic spot in Rauchbier Platz. Will you return the treasure to its rightful owner or invoke chaos? (Hannah will be role playing here - A PVP duel with Hannah may occur based on the path you choose!).

Brewing Quest - Strange Brew

Dark forces are threatening the Alpenglow's brewing livelihood - can you follow the clues, solve the mystery and save the day? Will you choose the virtuous path or cover things up to acquire more wealth?

(The Strange Brew quest is likely the longest, but the other two are fairly quick, assuming you can flag me down for the chaos quest. I would also recommend taking note of the notes you read for Strange Brew; details in them are needed to solve the quest later)

Quest Impacts

All three quests have a path that is virtuous and a path that is chaotic. As you complete quests, Hannah will record your progress (there are triggers that help me know how far avatars have progressed). Once you have completed all three quests, you will have either completed all/most of the quests using virtue or chaos. There are implications to how you complete these quests that will affect future visits Rauchbier Platz and its events.

1. There are two new dedicated taverns created by Hannah to cater to those that complete the quest chain. One tavern is dedicated to virtue (The Mug of Virtue Tavern located in Northwood) and one to chaos (The Chaos Ridge Tavern in Rauchbier Platz). These taverns will have vendors or chests only open to those that have completed the quest according to either virtue or chaos. For example, if you completed the quests using virtue, you will have access special vendors and chests in The Mug of Virtue, while at the same time being barred from The Chaos Ridge Tavern. On frequent occasions these taverns will be stocked with rare items, COTOs, house deeds, etc. that can be bought only by those who have access. Note: the chests/vendors will initially be installed later this week, and the taverns need more decorating; please excuse the mess!

2. Events will be occasionally held by Hannah for each path, and will only be open to those who have completed the quest and are in the right virtuous or chaotic alignment. These will have games and prizes similar to those at other Alpenglow parties (COTOs, lot deeds, etc.).

3. During Alpenglow parties (usually quarterly during AERIE Fund drives), special drawings for rare goods will occur for all avatars who have completed the quest chain (regardless of the path you choose).

Quest rewards

The Strange Brew quest has a COTO reward already attached to it. Additionally, a monthly drawing will be held for all avatars who complete any (or all) of the three quest lines. The drawing winner will receive 20 COTOs.

Additionally, any avatar that completes all three quest chains will receive from Hannah a rectangle heraldry shield with the Alpenglow crest on it. You may keep it as is to signify that you have completed the quest, or of course salvage it and use the eternal pattern for your own.

Good luck and please do not hesitate to provide me with any positive or constructive criticism feedback on the quests!

Warmest regards,

Hannah Alpenglow of Rauchbier Platz

@Berek , @Lord British , @DarkStarr - care to test your virtuous or chaotic natures in these player made quests?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Directions to Rauchbier Platz -

Nested Player Owned Town - Use 1) the main entrance of Central Brittany and choose the "Snowy Mountain Biome" Wagon or 2) Use the main entrance of Brittany Alleys and use the first wagon on your left as you enter town. Then take Town Boundary 1 to reach The Walhalla Museum where the quests begin, or look at the town bulletin board.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  2. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

The following avatars have successfully completed all three quests of Virtue, Chaos and Brewing in Rauchbier Platz. Congratulations and thank you for performing these tests.

Quests completed using the ways of Virtue
    Azhai
    kona gold
    Emmina
    Ksey Delir
    Kyriana Nvermore
    Thradia
    Solstys
    Bolte
    Sassa Svanhild
    Helvig Ingvildsdottir
    Tardis
    Smegatron
    Daxxe Diggler
    Rentier Woodpicker

Quests completed using the ways of Chaos
    Benjamin Hroth
    Malice Lanart
    Lily Byrd

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  3. Lord British

Lord British Lord British SOTA Developer

I am on my way!!!!

Aeryk, Rentier, radi and 7 others like this.
  4. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Some avatars are on the quest paths! The initial virtue and chaos chests have been placed in their respective taverns, are stocked and will be available to those that complete the three quests - both the virtue and chaos chests each have 40 COTOs, two prosperity tool bags, and some gear associated with either virtue (LB items) or chaos (Darkstarr items).

Access to these chests will be first granted to those who have completed the quest chain according to their respective Virtuous or Chaotic alignment at a random time between 23 May and 25 May; if you have completed the quests be sure to check your tavern (The Mug of Virtue in Northwood or The Chaos Ridge Tavern in Rauchbier Platz) during that time period to see if you can be the lucky avatar to get these treasures!

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  5. Solstys

Solstys Avatar

I wish I knew about the quests last night! Now I have to wait a few days!
    Lady Alpenglow, you are are the bees’ knees when it comes to player run events!

6. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Thanks Solstys!

Just to be clear, almost all of the three quests can be completed anytime - you can go start to do them whenever you like. There is only one part of one of the quests that requires interaction (with me, so I can roleplay a quest ending).

7. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

I'm very interested and will participate as soon as I have the RL time to do so!

8. galathena

galathena Avatar

Great initiative Hannah, as Always :)

9. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Thanks to those that have started some of these quests. No one has yet finished all three, so the first wave of prize chests are still waiting to be pried open. I am most interested to see the paths that people take!

I have received a few questions about how to know an avatar's progress (since there are three separate quests), so I will be starting to send "quest progress" via in game mail to those that I have sensed have started them to let people know which quests they have completed and not yet begun.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you get stuck, see a problem with quest logic, or have questions on these.

Thanks again,

Hannah Alpenglow

Ben_Hroth, CatherineRose and Rentier like this.
  10. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

The first avatar has completed all three quests in Rauchbier Platz - congratulations Azhai!

He has received his initial rewards (shown below) and will now be eligible for future events and prizes described above - will you soon join him by completing these tests?

[​IMG] (ornate bierkrug)
    [​IMG] (2 golden COTOs)
    [​IMG] (Rectangle heraldry shield with the Alpenglow golden hop blazon)

11. matsutaki

matsutaki Avatar

well , with much runnin around such large cities with nothing in them, i am at a lose. It seems that these quests are not that popular, ( with me) having ran around the Platz for approx 45 minits could not find the chaos tavern, same with northwood ran around there for about the same amount of time , no such luck in finding the virtuous mug,(good thing i didnt need a beer). and after following the clues i got about the strange brew it fizzled for me at the dinner table. although i did find some kind of clue for something in the bakery. i think ill go brew some bloated goat dunklweizen!
    good day
    Kona

12. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I can't wait to start the quests, but I promised someone that we're going to do them together, so I have to wait for the weekend. Waiting is hard! Having found your Braumeister twice previously I am sure I have the best prerequisites to master these quests. :D

HannahAlpenglow2 likes this.
  13. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

@matsutaki
    Kona Gold,

I am sorry that you are having trouble - please do not hesitate to reach out to me if something is not making sense with the quests. You can message me here or in game, or we can chat in Rauchbier Platz (I think I saw you in town while trying these - feel free to use /z to zone chat with me!).

For your specific questions - I answered them here with the spoiler tag button below. I hope you will give them another try!

Warmest regards,

Hannah

The Chaos Ridge Tavern is on a plateau west of the walled portion of Rauchbier Platz. When you first enter the town by the wagons, head southwest to a plateau with a Darkstarr clock tower. There is also a street sign by the red wagons that points towards the Chaos Ridge Tavern.

For the "dinner party" part of the Strange Brew quest, look around and maybe even under the dinner table in the museum basement for the next clue.

The Virtuous Mug is in Northwood somewhat near Britannia Manor. Look for the knight house with the Alpenglow Crest on it - it has a golden tavern sign that has the name of the tavern as well. The easiest way to probably find it is to talk to a town crier in Northwood - once he provides you with the town resident list, there is a listing for Hannah Alpenglow you can click on that will put the location of the tavern on your compass.

14. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Wonderful Helvig! I will try to be on a bit during the weekend in case you are able to start them and make it to the part of the chaos quest that asks you to meet up with me (I am trying to be available as often as possible for those that wish to role play this part of the quest).

15. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Some are now on the path of chaos...

[​IMG]

Ben_Hroth and Jaesun like this.
  16. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

CHAOS REIGNS

[​IMG]

Thank you @HannahAlpenglow2 !

What an awesome player-run campaign, including virtue choices with consequences!

I look forward to granting Hannah even more tools for implementing these quests, @Lord British!

Cheers,

Ben

17. matsutaki

matsutaki Avatar

Hello
    after much frustration from a misorientated map, i finished the quests, all three in virtue. It was an awesome adventure.Good work Hannah Alpenglow. I look forward to more.
    thanks again Kona

18. McGrunty

McGrunty Avatar

I finished all three quests aswell. They were awesome and I'm looking forward for more. Thanks again @HannahAlpenglow2 .

Jaesun and HannahAlpenglow2 like this.
  19. thradia

thradia Avatar

Great quests! So much fun! Thank you Hannah

20. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Thank you to all of the avatars that have tried these quests - it has been a lot of fun so far.

18 avatars completed at least one of the three quests and were eligible for the random monthly drawing for 20 Cotos. For May 2018, Lily Byrd was the winner - congratulations Lily!

There is a party happening at Rauchbier Platz on June 12 at 8 PM that will have special prize drawings for those avatars that complete all three quests - now is a great time to give them a try before the party.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.