Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi and welcome @madgar29. I am majoria in game if I can help. Your friends list is the f key. Type majoria and enter.

Friends lists are also our fast travel. Click on a Teleport scroll and it brings up your friends list to go to the location a player is at.

If you don't yet have a home I have free rooms as do many others in game. Look in the market place here on the forums under rental system.

In your bank or back pack there is a book I forget if it starts in your backpack. A lot of useful information there.

2. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

LOL! Well I guess worshiping is different from wurshiping so I guess we could give it a try. Just need to tell me what exactly are we doing when we wUrship you :p.

Oh and Welcome @loganross ..aka some random "god"

3. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Oh yeah there are tons of guides out there. Just browse around on the New Player forums.

Just enjoy that newbie lost feeling because I honestly loved it even though I was like "OMG... Where am I? What am I doing? And... crap I'm going to always be broke because there so much I want to do!"

majoria70 likes this.
  4. slwen12

slwen12 Avatar

I am really enjoying the game but am so lost at times. Right now I somehow transported my self from the Highvale area to the Harvest City area. I am actually looking for Soltown area so hope to find it soon. I love the game though.

Moonlake likes this.
  5. Ikas

Ikas Avatar

Dear @slwen12.
    Welcome to the community !

This interactive map may help you.
    Also, I recommend you to use zoom-in and zoom-out ingame using "M".

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also M is not the default key for the map, That brings up the compass. The default key for the map is the 'end' key and you can change those if you like. So there is a difference the compass can be used to help find the sparkled spots for your quests that are active and the map can also help to give you an idea for where you are at. Beware though that some towns do not have maps completed for them yet and also beware that mac users and Linux users will not have good use of the map system at the moment as far as I have heard. Someone can correct me if that is not the case.

Ikas likes this.
  7. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Jaesun likes this.
  8. FireLine

FireLine Avatar

Just joining up! I have a virtual collectors level founders kickstarter on my account. I have tried playing off and on over the last few years, but this is the first time I have been able to get into the game. I was thinking I had some benefits from the kickstarter, but have not been able to figure out how I redeem them? Or if I already have them?

Anyway enjoyed the last few days will be around going through the getting started guides previously mentioned in this thread.

Thanks!

Ravenscar likes this.
  9. Floors

Floors Avatar

friend me if you see me in game and I'll give you a player quest if you zone to me and ask.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. FireLine

FireLine Avatar

@Ravenscar Thank you! That worked :)

That more than filled my bank with stuff....

Ravenscar likes this.
  11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you can buy more bank slots with in-game gold. there's a button on the lower left of the bank interface. it gets progressively more expensive the more times you buy more slots, though, so buy what you can afford and if it's still overflowing, there's also some available from the add-on store.

you can also find someone to rent you an inn room (some players do this free) so you can put down a container instead.

Jaesun and Ravenscar like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

13. Chrossler

Chrossler Avatar

Chrossler Regalia here. Happy to finally join the game! Posting my introduction.

Ravenscar likes this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

15. granpa

granpa Avatar

Hello everyone, just joined enjoying it so far adding everyone i see to my friends list. Found the new Player centre so currently using a room there, just getting used to things it can be a bit confusing at times.

Moonlake and Nameless Sword like this.
  16. Chal

Chal Avatar

New to the game... actually still installing it. Any thing I should know starting out?

majoria70 likes this.
  17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There are 3 quests involving Truth, Courage and Love. You can work on all 3 in tandem. And always speak to Arabella. Always.

Find a place to live. Many people offer free places to live, for as long as you like, till you can get a feel for the game.

Look for a Guild, that suits your style of play.

The community here is extremely helpful, and are happy to assist you with further help.

Have fun, and just holler if you have more questions.

Lesni, Sentinel2 and majoria70 like this.
  18. bean01

bean01 Avatar

19. h'azul

h'azul Avatar

Yes! I don't need a bed, but somewhere to display my potted plant would be very acceptable. I can pay for the space and water it uses.

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

For that, I think you would need an actual lot and house (?) Of note, in the next release, everyone who finishes the main chapter 1 Quest gets a Player Owned Town, taxable, Row lot deed for free! :D

Row Lots include a house.