Can you set up chests so only a tenant can access it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ErikRulez, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Does anyone else think this is way too complicated? :D

Thank you Spoon and Majoria :)

Sentinel2 likes this.
  2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all, I have a one story basement on each of my POT crafting areas and have that setup for tenant use. All tenants can place a chest and as long as it is set for private by them they are the only one that can access or move it. The neat things is they can stack other chest on top of theirs but no one else can stack on their chest. If you plan it right you can have rows of chest in the basement for tenants and maybe letters on the wall for a-c, d-f, ghi, etc so they can find their chest easier.

econner, Numa and MagiK like this.
  3. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Well that did the trick, but holy crap how screwed up is the permission system :p seriously needs some love. Thanks one and all for the assist.

4. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

I do not own a POT, but I do have a city lot and a town lot side by side each with basements, family have rooms in the big house and friends get rooms in the basements with doors they can lock as tennants.

majoria70 likes this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

This is not my property, I simply collect the rent. I make it clear to them after they skip out a month that payment is due or owner will lock the doors. If they do not respond and continue to avoid their items get packed up and put into bank of the house owner. No contract needed they know full well that rent is due, I email out every few days to notify them. If they contact me to let me know they can't pay or the likes different story, but if they are on nightly and simply ignoring then its their own fault that they loose access to the property. These are taxed properties they are renting from others. I'm just the collector and manager of the properties. If they make a gesture and pay a little I let the owner know they can unlock the door, If they can't afford and talk to me, I sometimes pay the rent for them and let it slide. I'm a fair property manager.

just saying its away to keep control of free loaders.

6. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Sounds so ugly, guess thats what you get when you dont have friends.

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

<baffled> Why would Anyone put up with that when there are so many less militant options?

8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

That is a good point. These are people i dont know, they are not members of my guild. I think its more to do with initial offer of free row, village etc with the conditions once they can get to the point where they make enough to afford the rent. As I said I just collect the taxes for the people that want me to manage the their lots. myself I offer free stay to alot of peoples, as well have my own rentals. All the people that I rent myself are in my guild and if they can't pay I let it slide. Not all are that way though with the lots I manage as you see. I suppose it has more to do with locations of the lots and that they are taxed. the people I manage lots for do not play, or almost never play so I can fully understand why its important for them to ensure the lots are getting paid for. last thing they want is to log in to a massive debt or no lot at all , mind you if that was the case then all the items above because they were not tenant would end up in the owner bank anyways.

I dont think its militant. If I racked up a two or three month rent bill on a village to city I could understand the owners, especially if they are not playing much. that is their vendors.

not all peoples are as Rich blooded like you Rufus. Myself I could eat it, but knowing whos property I am talking about I fully understand her thoughts as she logs in once a month to collect from me.

9. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

So, how do I make someone a tenant of my basement only? Is this possible?

10. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

I have several basement tennents, you set it by room. However they do need Kindred access to the main property to be able to access the basement. There is a check box in the upper portion of the permissions window that allows you to set a person as tennent

Jaesun likes this.
  11. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Can I do this with a basement that doesn't have any rooms?

12. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

It is based on the persons access to the property I think, you can set their access as tennant and it will apply to the property, basically anything he puts down in the way of chests and trunks are his and he can controll access to them, later if you evict him his chests and trunks and their contents gos into his bank. For example I accidently removed a basement from one of my properties and everys stuff went back to their banks, it was a mess having to put the basement back in and then reorg the decorations etc.

Jaesun likes this.
  13. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Gotcha. It would be nice to be able to grant tenant access to the basement only.

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No they do not need kindred access for basements. It works the same way as non basement rooms. On the stone or sign type their name, check tenant, choose them to be Guest/tenant. I always make everyone manager of their own rooms and I never allow locking the doors. No one can steal their stuff not even me. I just like to peek in to show off to other new or want to be tenants what players can do with their rooms. Another thing I always say is why have a deco'd area if you want no one to see it? But that just me perhaps I'm just nosey Majoria. ;)

Jaesun and Baratan like this.
  15. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

That allows them to put their stuff anywhere right? Is there anyway to limit their tenant functionality to the basement only?

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

They are limited to their own room with that status. (tenant checked then Guest/tenant chosen). I then add to the door their name and make them manager. Yes anywhere in their room and outside there room. I always have tenants place a mailbox outside their door. Then I can point at it and know who has the room. We have tested it and for example one guy place a bookcase outside his door which was cool since he wanted to show off his book collection to any passing by and I don't mind and another person put plants, and they can hang their banners outside their door. I am mostly interested that people have a great experience and have fun with their own spaces so I don't limit it. Basements are great too since they have their own separate limits for lights, containers etc but some don't want to have another load time so they don't choose the bigger basement rooms for that reason.

Jaesun likes this.
  17. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Okay but I don't have any doors in the basement. I was just trying to give a newbie a place to use while getting acquainted with the game.

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hmmm so is it a row basement? and yes it can be a problem when there are no doors to click on. If you gave him access on the front door he still would be able to place his stuff and not touch yours and vice versa. You could do that to let him see. Plus you will be testing it out for yourself how much space of the house the front door allows for.

19. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I actually used the stone to set him as a tenant.
    It's a row basement, yes. I could upgrade it if I had to but the size it is now would be perfect if not for lacking a door.

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well this is a very good point to make for this type of situation like 'how to set a tenant in a basement or room that has no doors'? So tenant status does not carry over to the basement so the basement should have it's own permission to allow you to add a tenant to it. You can add to the doors but not to the basement in general that does not have doors. So this is missing from the tenant system for sure. ;)

Baratan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.