Tamed pets level?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jcdew67, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jcdew67

Jcdew67 Avatar

I have been playing for a couple weeks. I decided to tame and see how that does.

I got most skills in tame tree to 50 and above except rez.

I tamed a yellow con Elder Timber Wolf, I noticed it turned grey to me.

I sent him into another yellow con Elder Timber Wolf and my pet got ate up like he was a low level pet, he never stood a chance.

He was massively weaker,is this supposed to be this way?
    I have a summoned Air pet at 50 that does more damage and is tougher.

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Taming is and always was a let down for me.

Essentially your pet will be weaker then its counterpart.

Before specializations.. it was..
    Think of your pet as a level 0... your elder wolf could be a level.. say 40 max.

Your summoning determins how close to that max YOUR pet can reach. ( say.. level 40 summoniny means u get to 30/40 max for ure wolf.. level 60 means u can get ure pet to 40 max )

Your COMBAT passive in taming determins the actual level of your pet, up to the summonings max.
    So your summoning could be 160.. 180.. w.e.. and your pet COULD BE the max , that type goes up to, but the combat passive determins its actual level.

Im not sure wats changed with specialties.. but essentially, thats how it worked.
    ( corrext me if im wrong )

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Welcome @Jcdew67

Yes, the raw just tamed tamed pets are weaker than the wild ones.

To boost your tamed pet’s hp and strength you need to train a few skills up: Summoning (determines the max pet level) , combat training (determines level bonus), and taming specialization ( if you want your pet’s hp and strength to overpower the wild conterpart and more).

My obsidian bear has 1053 hp with just raising those three to skill level of skill 100 each. My bear is not the best tamed pet either. This is a beast of a bear and take many tier 6 (UO to 1000 hp) mob one-on-one with no healing. My bear can handle harder mobs with me healing him and helping attack the mobs with spells.

Please read through my taming guide and let me know if you have any more questions - https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...g-and-other-taming-skills-r53-updated.112216/

:)

4. Jcdew67

Jcdew67 Avatar

Thank You Duke for your guide

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  5. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

Are there any advantages for increasing Summoning skill past 79, since that is the highest required for summoning the strongest creatures?

6. Duke Gréagóir

Yes, increasing the summoning skill past 79 will help increase the pet’s hit points and strength (aka damage).

Pet: Darkstarr Corpion
    With summoning at 80, combat training at 80, and Taming Specalization at 1: 413 hp

With summoning at 80, combat training at 92, and Taming Specalization at 100: 1068 hp

With summoning at 100, combat training at 92, and Taming Specalization at 100: 1135 hp

With summoning at 118, combat training at 92, and Taming Specalization at 100: 1209 hp

The key for hit points above 400ish is the Taming Specalization at least at 80.

It does not matter if you or someone else tamed the pet. Your summoning, tame creature, and taming Specialization determines the pet’s hit points and strength (damage). If you gave the pet to someone else, the pet’s stats will be different according to that character’s skills.

With the above your tame creature skill could be 20 and achieve the same results.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Bow Vale, Hornpipe, gtesser and 2 others like this.
  7. Jcdew67

Jcdew67 Avatar

Everything I read says have 2 million pooled exp built up yet they have 100 in everything. HTH is this possible? It would take playing all the time to do this and then that seems questionable!

8. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

You have to understand it's entirely possible to grind 1 million experience in an hour, maybe less with double experience. If you think of it in those terms, it's very doable. Now... lol... is it doable for everyone? Oh hell no. That's the end-game setup stuff.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No grinding for xp is not totally end-game. Join an xp run a couple of times to help. Don't give into the games grind fest and do it quicker maybe a couple of times a week. Check looking for group and also a great opportunity to remind ourselves what it's like to fight in a group using teamwork. This is alt f to check what groups are out there or start your own. We were at the Rise the other night in a group and we did have to hustle since it is a tough area and higher level but it was truly exciting working together.

10. Jcdew67

Jcdew67 Avatar

Understood on the groups. Thing is all of the "solo" this and that for massive XP is done by casters, I can't recall ever seeing one where a melee soloing a dragon

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  11. Duke Gréagóir

Have 2 mill pooled xp if you want to gain skill levels faster. When I started Taming I had 2,000 pooled experience and just hunted and used the skills when I could.

Summon your pet every 15 minutes to raise in summoning. Refresh skill will decrease this and for most tamers level 40 for 8 minutes is good.

Healed my pet / ressurect if needed to raise those and innates.

If you are playing to have fun with your pet and adventuring, you will level more steadily and slowly. You will reach the 100 GM maybe a bit slower.

I have never acquired 1 mill xp an hour in my adventuring. I am more around 100k - 150k an hour in tier 5 zones like Ulfheim or Deep Ravenswood.

Bow Vale likes this.
  12. Jcdew67

Jcdew67 Avatar

Problem is Taming is not worth the cost. It costs much,much more than just using a summoned pet and pet is eh. This really needs to be fixed/revised

13. Duke Gréagóir

Thank you for your opinion on taming. May the summons be a better fit for you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.