Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crash with Error.log and crash.dump

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by WeirDave, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Okay well I have the game in window mode which I normally don't do but I wanted to respond to a thread and the game crashed. And now, I can't get it up and running. It keeps crashing and generating folders with an error.log and a crash.dump file. What do I do to help?

2. fragmeister13

fragmeister13 Avatar

The game is also crashing for me a lot more often than it ever has before. I'm not talking server disconnections but straight up the game locking up or kicking me back out to the desktop. It's now happened at least 3 times in the past hour. I suspect perhaps the recent patch I noticed pulled in via Steam before I started the game has something to do with this.

EDIT: To clarify I am able to get back in the game unlike WeirDave but about every 10-15 minutes the game crashes. This is totally new behavior for me.

EDIT: It just happened again. 6 minutes then crash.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  3. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

I had some success with the "Verify files" part of steam. Try and see if that helps you

4. fragmeister13

fragmeister13 Avatar

Thanks man. I rebooted my machine then ran verify in Steam. It said all was OK. I guess all I needed was a reboot because I've been playing smooth 30 minutes now and even window'd out to make this post and no crash yet. Weird.. Dave. (heh-heh)

EDIT: and that 30 minutes turned to almost 2 hours without crashing. Looks like a reboot is in order after the patch today for some reason..

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    WeirDave likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.