Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Devotional quest and sieges

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Burzmali, May 21, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

So I've spent a week or so running through the Devotional shrines quest and clearing sieges and it seems like Port put in a lot of work to mildly inconvenience players while making it easier to farm raw material for grinding the carpentry skill.

Observations:
    1. Like many quests, the "Visit Devotional Shrines" quest is stuck in my quest log despite my having visited all the patron cities, at least according to any caretaker I speak with. So either broken, or undocumented final step to complete the quest.
    2. The defeat the cabalists missions are cookie cutter. I bet that the cabalists each shrine wants you to beat have a virtue / anti-virtue relationship that makes sense if you've read a couple of dozen hours of lore, but the caretakers should be able to fill us in. Heck, my avatar seems to know the relationships before I've spoken to the appropriate caretaker, so why not clue us in.
    3. What's up with the symbols of each shrine? Are these real artifacts or idealized symbols of the virtue? I'm guessing the latter, but it would be more interesting if these were treated like relics are in Catholicism.
    4. Sieges are both too hard and too easy. From what I've heard, I shouldn't be able to solo sieges at level 78, but I can, aside from maybe Dolus or an odd combo. That said it is long and tedious to do so as it either involves kiting cabalists back and forth across the scene hoping that terrain doesn't eat my ankles (melee) or pole dancing on a tree (ranged). Either way, the cabalists fight take 15 - 20 minutes of Benny Hill, which isn't horribly fun.
    5. Not sure if it is a bug, but Purify doesn't work on Fastus's debuff, but it does work on all the others I tried it on.
    6. Loot from the fight is garbage, 10 or so sieges and 13 cabalists and all I saw drop were a couple of robes. We got better drops from the Siege Engineers.

Rada Torment likes this.
  2. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Re: 1. Check Resolute. There was an extra guy for something else in front of the Shrine I talked to and thought I was good, until I went back and actually chatted with the caretaker.

V/R Brickbat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.