Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Fire DoT tick crit rate off

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Couldin, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

The rate that fire DoT ticks crit is only at about 1% despite having 25% spell crit chance.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Which fire DoT spell are you referring to? I'm afraid we're going to need more details than this.
    @Couldin

Could you please reply with as many specifics as you could? Thanks!

3. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

Ring of Fire will only crit on about 2 ticks, at most. Fire arrow ticks will occasionally crit once and I haven't had a flame fist tick crit at all. I was coming up with the 1% when combing the ticks of all three of those spells. Immolation is about on par with those too. I haven't tested out fireball much.

@Lexie

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  4. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

test 1: 2 crits (.957%)
    test 2: 2 crits (.957%)
    test 3: 2 crits (.957%)
    test 4: 4 crits
    test 5: 2 crits
    test 6: 3 crits

Each test was done with one cast of ring of fire, fire arrow and flame fist. I have 24.5% spell crit chance. These are all done on a training dummy. I've done some testing against players and it's about the same rate, same with npc monters.

5. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Okay, this information helps. You won't get the crits from DoT effects from spells, just so we're both on the same page. So for Fire Arrow (for example) you'll get it your crit chance for your base damage but not the damage over time portion. It looks like you are seeing SOME here, so it isn't a flat zero it appears. Which is really what I thought you would be getting from RoF. I wasn't sure if you knew that, but I needed to narrow down the spell you were talking about.

Fire is very OP, IMHO :D

7. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

I also get crits on the DoT effects from meteor shower. I've gotten them from DoT effects from every spell that has them, just at very different frequencies.

And yes, it's from the DoT effect of meteor shower, not the direct damage, which also hits like DoT, but isn't one.

8. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Fire has some fairly severe limitations just like a lot of magic. It was one of the first trees to get balanced after a significant roller coaster of ups and downs. It's not that fire is OP, it's that the other trees need to be fleshed out and balanced to be in the right place.

Also, dots are suppose to be able to crit. If not affected by crit chance, then what governs their ability to crit?

Edit: I'm only chiming in because I was about to report a bug kind of like this one but with more details. I see that it's been completed now. So, I will not make that bug report.

Couldin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.