We have our looking for group, now what?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by majoria70, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello my lovelies. So yay we finally have looking for group. For those who have tried it please post your ideas of what is needed or missing for this newly implemented system.

To use the looking for group feature before you reply here the shortcut is alt + f or you can open the stained glass window in the upper right hand of the screen and see the option to click on looking for group.

What we have now is as an example:

Ability to set group name (subject line very small)
    Ability to set group amount 1-8
    Ability to set loot roll type such as free for all, roll etc
    Ability to make a private group or an open group
    Ability to change the title name
    Join and teleport feature (not clear on the teleport)

My feedback is:
    Subject line is too small to give the best description of details of the group
    Instead we need a little longer subject line plus options to click on such as check boxes as below examples:

-checkbox to select type of players looking for such as:
    - healer
    - damage(dps)
    - tank
    -all invited no requirements
    -limited to advanced players
    -party mode
    -multiplayer mode
    -raid group (can be combined with other groups)

Ok so just off the top of my head ideas for our looking for group. I think we need more ability to describe the group. So now your turn but please check it out and try it out to give feedback from that perspective. ***cheers***

2. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Being able to view a average adventure level of the group would be nice. If you're adventure level is 30 you probably don't want to join a level 90 group.

Oyjord Hansen and MasterWan like this.
  3. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

To me this is the biggest need at the moment. 2nd would be having check boxes by "character class/skill" type. Lets say you want to tank for a grp of 3 people and you want a DPS mage and a healer. You would select the three types and check your box for tank and then when other players look at the grp list they could see average adventure lvl and what types the group leader is still looking for. Once two people join and check the associated box for their style of play the grp becomes full on the list. Easy!

4. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

I've only used the LFG tool twice, but both times were huge successes. Once I joined in on clearing a siege (I can't do it alone), and the other time I joined an amazing Lost Vale grind group. These were both outstanding group experiences, and I wish there were more such opportunities in the LFG window more often.

To you vets out there perhaps feeling some ennui, start a siege clearing group or Lost Vale group, and I'm in! Start a Rise group or Fall group, and I'm in!

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Not necessarily on my groups so far I have said 'all invited' but if you don't have a healing specialty as I do and high level healing skills perhaps you could not watch over them or perhaps you don't want to. Groups I've had so far are interaction with players from all levels and helping to explain the game if needed. But yes perhaps in control points you might need to mention a level requirement. We had a level 74 in our last control point and he actually lived when many of us wiped on one round of mobs. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.