Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Riposte Broken

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by KenoZuki, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenoZuki

KenoZuki Avatar

According to this skill, the enemy should not be able to block, dodge, or parry it.

[​IMG]

However, as seen here in my combat logs.

[​IMG]

The attack is clearly parried by my enemy. At this current moment, riposte is a throw away skill, it doesn't do enough damage to justify using it over things like thrust, offhand attack, double slash, or anything really.

Ryodin Stormwind likes this.
  2. Nog

Nog Avatar

Interesting that you point this out. I'm going to watch my Riposte more carefully. I have noticed some of my parry-ripostes not doing any damage to an enemy (vs. yellow melee skeletons, I think). I wasn't sure if this observation had to do with enemy type and I hadn't considered the Riposte being Parried by my enemy given the wording of the ability that parries can't be readily avoided by an enemy.

I haven't noticed my Ripostes failing specifically against red names (such as Troll Twin).

I don't think I'd say Riposte is a throw away because other times it carves out big chunks of HPs that beats other attacks. Although the fact that Riposte has to take up a Locked Slot for it to be reliable isn't my favorite thing about it (or the limited 10 slots in the deck system).

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@KenoZuki, the immunity to blocking, parrying, and dodging only applies when you manage to trigger it right after you have parried an attack, not every time you use riposte.

that said, it IS broken right now.

Nog likes this.
  4. Nog

Nog Avatar

Thanks for pointing out this bug submission, AO. Yes, my ripostes frequently do nothing to shield users.

5. KenoZuki

KenoZuki Avatar

@Alley Oop They need to change the tool tip on it then if thats the case. The wording it has, makes it a bit miss leading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.