Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lower critical damage on Ranged skills

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Diab Blackbow, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

5/31/2018 10:16 PM
    Title: Lower critical damage on Ranged skills
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?No
    Details: My top end critical damage numbers seem to be around 20% lower then the last couple of releases. This is most noticeable on Aim Shot and Rapid Fire. Possibly Backstab not registering?
    Steps to Reproduce: Cast critical damage increasing skills and then shoot a Practice Dummy in the back over and over and over again.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 16321
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti GPU RAM: 2015
    SotA.Win.64.785.Date.05.31.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01a_template/Mediolanum
    Area Display Name: Mediolanum
    Loc: (105.7, 38.0, 329.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxNZWRpb2xhbnVtfCgxMDUuNjk1LCAzNy45NzksIDMyOS45MjQpfCgwLCAwLjU5MywgMCwgMC44MDUpfDczLjc4NTMxfDI5Ljc2MDl8NS41NjM2MDY=

2. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Every release I spend a good amount of time shooting the practice dummy. This release I notice that my critical damage on 6 stacks of Aim Shot and Rapid Fire are about 20% lower. This matches my bonus from the Backstab skill which is why I am leaning toward that.

3. Skeletor2

Skeletor2 Avatar

So yet again Archery goes Backwards......
    I was hoping with this release we would get a push forward but yet again i log on and i'm doing less damage than last release
    PVP Broken for Archery too ... Yay gj

Brielle McFerson likes this.
  4. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

There was no change I am aware of that would cause this. It was definitely not a design change. I will try and find out what changed with this.

5. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Thank you. I will test more but the numbers are definitely lower. Maybe just super bad RNG.

When I do my tests, I only use Fireflies and Berserker Stance. I six stack the skills and do full charge shots with my xbow.

Aim Shot has a low chance to hit around 1350 and good chance to hit in the 1200s. I was hitting in the 1000s and my low chances were in the 1100s. Rapid Fire will break 300s on the high and hit around 280-290 pretty regularly but I was only seeing hits around 240-260.

I was hitting all three shots of Multi Shot, thanks @Chris

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  6. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I did another 30 minutes of testing Aim Shot and Rapid Fire today and results are still the same.

Tila Tenderfoot likes this.
  7. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Spent more time today on the practice dummy and still the high end of crits look lower. Any update @Chris ?

These are pre R54 captures doing this very same testing. I can not come close anymore. With R54, I have hit 270 with Rapid Fire and a single 1200ish Aim Shot. I will continue testing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

@Chris Looks like with the STR buff to Crossbows, my damage numbers are just about back to pre R54. I think they should be higher with the STR buff. Any idea what is causing the lower numbers?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

@Chris I did some more tests tonight and I think it is the same still. I swapped Air's Embrace for Strength of Earth and did get this... Not really sure I like the STR changes though :(

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.