1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

FIXED: Upgrading from Game Access to Bundles not Working

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We are working on a solution. Will update as soon as we have a fix.

2. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

@DarkStarr It would be great if Royal Founders and Founders like myself would be able to upgrade to Bundles too, or, at least, upgrade the Lots included in our pledges. Do you think this will ever be possible?

3. Hellscream

Hellscream Avatar

Are you talking about upgrading the pledge i get time ago, to any bundle, but discounting the game price? because that will be awesome. One of things i most regret is not buying a mayor pledge 3 years ago...

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If they did this then I would already qualify for the largest bundle. Do you think that's fair?

5. tphilipp

tphilipp SotA Dev Moderator SOTA Developer

Sorry, this was my fault, but Kor found and fixed it. It should be good now.

6. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I don't quite understand what you're saying. If you already had a pledge that gave you a Row, Town, or City Deed why would you get another free Row, Town, or City Deed. I would think that you already paid a discounted price for the deed you already got with your pledge. I know I did, as I got a Tax Free Place Anywhere Row Lot for my Ancestor Pledge of $250 which is less then I could get a whole new Tax Free POT Row Lot Bundle for now ($299), so how is it unfair if I'm willing to pay an additional $324 for a new Tax Free POT Village Lot Bundle ($574 - $250 = $324), as you could do the same if you were trying to upgrade from a Row to a Village, Village to a Town, or Town to a City by sacrificing your Place Anywhere Tax Free Pledge Lot with the upgraded POT Tax Free Bundle Lot.

7. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

Yes but like a normal Bundle to Bundle Upgrade your original Place Anywhere Tax Free Pledge Lot would be replaced by the upgraded POT Tax Free Bundle Lot. You wouldn't get to keep both Lots.

8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The upgrade from game access to bundle was only for converting a base game to bundle, which has been around for awhile as a replacement of expired pledges.

Since they were pretty clear that pledges would expired a few years back, it's very unlikely that they will bring pledge upgrade back at least until epsiode 2 is kickedstarted.

Elwyn likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What about all the other rewards that come with bundies?

10. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I don't seem to be able to upgrade my existing bundle. Is that normal?

11. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

When you upgrade from game access to a bundle or from a lower tier bundle to a higher tier bundle you keep all the lower tier bundle items as far as I know. You only lose the lower tier lot, so it wouldn't make a difference. At least the way I understand it. I have no interest in having two accounts to access one game, but I would be willing to upgrade my lot on the same account by buying a higher tier bundle/lot then what I got when I originally pledged back during the original SotA Kickstarter Campaign, and I would think other early backers would be willing to do the same, and I don't see how it hurts those that bought bundles. Just my opinion.

12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I am all in there with you, I would like to progress on a bundle without having to pay for a 2nd account. Maybe that's what the other's don't understand, I don't want to get the equivalent of what I already paid for, I just want to be able to start a new bundle program on the same account. Give me an initial fee taking out the 39$ for the game, so I can have my pledge AND the bundle on the same account, but make me pay the entire way for the progression of the bundle, apart from the games price!

twofoldsilence likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.