Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] New replenishing fireworks boxes didn't replenish

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

6/1/2018 4:03 PM
    Title: New replenishing fireworks boxes didn't replenish
    Reproduction Rate: 100% x 2 people
    Blocker? Blocks the party!
    Details: We were told that these fireworks boxes will replenish once per month, via Serafina in Discord during the last telethon.

Serafina-05/04/2018

@Helvig I finally got your answer. Fireworks boxes replenish on the first of each month, but the first time you interact with it, you'll get fireworks

Steps to Reproduce: Try to use your fireworks box that you used last month.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 24411
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.786.Date.06.01.18
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/S Mart Factorium
    Area Display Name: S Mart Factorium
    Loc: (88.2, 78.3, 1.3)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8UyBNYXJ0IEZhY3Rvcml1bXwoODguMTU5LCA3OC4zMDUsIDEuMzM4KXwoMCwgLTAuODk2LCAwLCAtMC40NDQpfDE2OC44OTQyfDExLjEzMDAyfDEuMjU=

2. Mekile Stormwind

Mekile Stormwind Avatar

Yeah same here none of the ones that are claimed to replenish once a month did

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I just checked every box from the megapack, (excluding the one that is supposed to be in this release, haven't grabbed it from the bank), none of them refreshed.

And all the old ones replenish once in a blue moon, Gold, Silver, Oracle, so they also didn't refresh but that's not surprising.

5. Mekile Stormwind

Mekile Stormwind Avatar

the only thing ive purchased is the mega sparkler pack and none of them replenished I have one of the I believe its crysanthamem one from the current packs and it did not replenish either

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

This is from the other thread on it, and I just tried all of these again. None of them have refreshed yet, so its been 3 months. The four "new ones" are the Replenishing Aerial Palm Blue Fish Combo Fireworks Box, Replenishing Blue Elysium Candle Fireworks Box, Replenishing Blue Pinwheel Fireworks Box, and the Replenishing Red Elysium Candle Fireworks Box, and (surprise, surprise), none of those have refreshed either. I bought three more during the telethon yesterday that I havn't placed yet, but will do that tonight.

6/5/2018 10:17 PM
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16291
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.790.Date.06.05.18
    Area: BasementSceneMedievalRow_2Floor
    Area Display Name: Row Stone & Timber 2-Story Basement
    Loc: (32.0, 0.0, 108.8)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZU1lZGlldmFsUm93XzJGbG9vcnx8KDMyLjAzNiwgMC4wMDEsIDEwOC44MDkpfCgwLCAtMC44MDQsIDAsIDAuNTk1KXw5My4yNTAyMXwyOS4zNDY5M3wxLjI1

7. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Mine did not replenish either. I hope we can get a final answer here, since I bought the fireworks based on the statement that they refresh once a month. Would have considered them too costly otherwise.

Here is what did not replenish for me:
    • Aerial Palm Chrysnthemum Crackle
    • Aerial Palm Blue Fish
    • Yellow Fountain

8. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

So all the fireworks have the same schedule. When it is set to replenish, it will happen on the first of each month as it is a monthly thing. But fireworks are not available for every month of the year. The schedule is Jan Feb March July Nov and Dec.
    For those who purchased these and still have some questions or problems they would like resolved, I would contact customer support at support@portalarium.com with your inquiry. Not to pass the buck here, but I don't have a way to address purchased items, personally. But I do hope this information helps you. I'm sorry for the confusion. So while her answer is correct (it is still the first of the month when it is ready) it isn't every single month.

Same thing applies to other seasonal items. If it is the right month for it to work, it becomes available on the 1st for that qualifying month.
    I'm sorry for the confusion once again.

Alley Oop and Ben_Hroth like this.
  9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

This would explain why mine have not replenished since early March. At least I'll get some next month. Thanks @Lexie.

@Berek, would you mind adding this information to the Add-On Store items? "This box replenishes six times per year." at least?

Jaesun and Berek like this.
  10. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Good idea, will do.

Lexie and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  11. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

A suggestion for this...
    Perhaps add a subtle glow or or indicator to these kinds of items when they are ready to be used again?

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I've sent a message to Support, as if you look in the first post (and I just checked, you can still find it in Discord) we were told that the new fireworks boxes refresh monthly. I would not have bought them otherwise. I have been getting messages from others wondering what the status is on this as well.

Here's the thing with the fireworks, you can't have TOO MUCH. I took almost all of my mega set and gave them away during the 60's dance party. Fireworks were going off like crazy. It was IMO the best party ever.

Would I have done that if I knew I needed to horde them like the other boxes? No. Would we have had fireworks like crazy that night, no (I think someone else was giving them out too, probably from their new mega set).

If they had refreshed at the beginning of the month like we were told, would I have already blown through them again this month? Quite possibly. Or maybe I would have saved them for the launch party and gone around giving them to everyone. And what an awesome R55 party that would be with all those fireworks!

Let the fireworks flow. And if not, you need to figure out what is going to happen in rebating us. I don't recall feeling butt hurt about any other purchase in Shroud ever, but I do on this one. And I don't want to be the one to have to tell people in game that they got bad info before buying and are not getting a refresh this month.

13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Understandable, and our sincere apologies for not making this clear on the store pages. We absolutely should have done this before they were posted live. I will ensure your email to support gets to the right people to review what we can do here.

14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

(More fireworks is the answer. I won't hurt to have fireworks going off at every event.)

15. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Yeah I did the same. I gave -all- of my fireworks away generously to make a great party even better. Of course I wouldn't have done that had I known that I'm not getting a fresh batch the next month. Then again, I probably wouldn't even have bought them in the first place if I had known that I do not get 12 but only 6 refills a year.

16. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Maybe for the replenishing boxes an item tied to it that has no use limit — and the individual use ones that come out sometimes can be given / traded - since the box holder won’t need them ?

17. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Just a note that replenishing fireworks have been around for year(s) and they never replenished monthly. I can't think why these should behave differently from all other boxes.

Of course "When do boxes replenish?" vs "How often do boxes replenish" may have yielded a less ambiguous answer and hopefully they'll sort it out for you :)

Sentinel2 and Alley Oop like this.
  18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I never, ever, ever ever ever would have bought these boxes if they replenished at the rate of the old ones. That's why we were all asking many times BEFORE buying. The old ones aren't even worth having except as a decoration piece.

Helvig Ingvildsdottir likes this.
  19. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Also, the Gold Fireworks box - from the Seedinvest perks - does not seem to be replenishing either.

20. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

The month in which you attempt to redeem these is very important to know. I assume you mean this month - June - which would not be a month they replenish in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.