In R55, those who complete storylines get POT row lot deed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roycestein Kaelstrom, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Wow... WOW... that's totally awesome!

[edit] I think this is the best decision evar! :)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Adrian (Kung Fu Master) Avatar

Need the word to get out to the outer realms so new players can understand it’s not a money making game if players want longevity. Outer realms are the game reviewers and critics.

3. _Twilight_

_Twilight_ Avatar

Is this tax free? :eek:

Paladin Michael likes this.
  4. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Just thinking out loud....

Everyone who completes the main story line gets a row lot and default basic row home for themselves.
    Which means there's going to be a market for row houses and decorations.
    Which means there's now a bigger market for crafting.
    Which means there's more need for vendors, which coincidentally can be placed at each of the row homes.
    Which also means that it gives the better players a reason to stick around and try new things.
    Which also means more residents of our player owned towns.
    And overall, this means a definite wow-factor change in the community and economy!

I'm totally on-board!

Engineer

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Huzzah!

and

No.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  6. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Super good idea!

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I assume no.

8. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

10 YUUUGE thumbs up!

9. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Great idea!

Cordelayne likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No the deeds are not tax-free. They will cost 500 gold per day and my wish is that this will be changed to 500 gold per week.

I see people in Wizards Rest whose deeds fall to their bank very regularly. This system does need some work. But definitely lower the cost of deeds to 500 gold per week for row, 1000 gold per week for village etc. We are already a grind game.

We need some cash to have some fun pocket money and to do other things rather than just spend every cent for daily lot taxes. That really sucks imo. So please rally with me for weekly lowered lot taxes.

And I know some say they can make enough to cover it but why all punishment and no play makes for a dull game.

Not trying to make it easy just manageable with some work still needed. You'd still have to get the weekly taxes earned and paid too.

11. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Yeah, I didn't want to be too negative, since I love the idea of giving out a free deed and wanted to give kudos to the devs, but honestly, many noobs who rush through the storyline are going to struggle with the taxes. 500g a week would be great. Also, I'm not certain, since I only have a tax-free lot, but can you pay rent a long time in advance? I often go on long vacations, and occasionally bounce from game to game for a bit, so being able to pay up to maybe 3 months ahead of time should also be a must.

majoria70 likes this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I am not trying to be negative but in Wizards Rest we have so many new players and I do see them struggle and not be able to keep up these taxes. IMO it is just a fact that needs to be adjusted. Weekly taxes and lowered cost of will at least go a long way to fixing this.

13. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I think the taxes are too high as well, changing the current amounts to per week would be a good idea, imo. There are enough ghost towns as it is.

Chatele, Cordelayne and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This is not just a free giveaway, you have to work for it. And that is why I am satisified. You have to make a certain amount of time investment in the game to receive it, and more time to keep it placed. Completing the main quest through to the shroud is no cakewalk. On my fourth attempt it took me from early morning to late night of one day from start to finish, and that was after two whole days of finishing out skills with months worth of accumulated 10,000 daily XP, and learning all sorts of tricks to save time.

Once again, POTs and row lots make the housing system workable in ways not anticipated when they were first implemented.
    Ding! And it also means that more people will want to complete the story line.
    Row taxes are 500g/day. The oracle will provide you with 500g/day for answering a question correctly, and it is not hard to know the answer to all three possible questions before they are asked. These will be row lots only, so the taxes will not be more than the 500/day that you can get from the oracle.

This is not a free lunch. Nor should it be. You have to first actually finish the main Episode 1 content. Then you have to keep up with the taxes, but that can be covered with a few minutes of work every day.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I do know this. I still don't agree. Daily is not right imo. This will effect new players who have enough trouble trying to figure out this game anyway. Do you think this 500 gold a day they could get from talking to the oracle and that is even if they did know to get it, is going to make up for this daily expense? There is not one day of peace for players just the daily pressure of trying to keep this deed from falling to the bank. This is what I hear over and over. Some decide it is just not worth it. So no way do I agree. Make it weekly and let players have some fun .

16. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

The Free Row Lot deed isn't being given to brand new players.
    For a first time player of Shroud, it takes quite a bit of time to level experienced skills needed to complete the Story-line.... The Shroud Quest.

So by the time they get their Shroud & Lot Deed, they will have accumulated a decent amount of gold, better equipment & hopefully will have benefited from the knowledge of this very helpful Community.
    They would have learned about the few minutes a day it takes to visit the Oracle for their gold (which pays their taxes) & a get bit of experience as well.
    AND they will have the opportunity become proud Homeowners, without the cost of purchasing a deed from the Store or for ingame gold.

This is an excellent solution to negating the "pay to play" mentality/sentiments, being spread around the internet.
    Granted a Row House isn't palatial, but it is free & enables players to potentially have their own vendor (if they desire one) & give them a place to call Home & that sense of "ownership & belonging" in this World.

17. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Yes. Taxes can be pre-payed for as long as 90 days. This also allows everyone to chose another interval as the daily one.
    Additionally there are two weeks of dept before a LOT -deed is send to the bank box.

I have chosen a monthly interval to pay the tax. This results in a more relaxed gaming.

This can be relaxed to weekly "pressure". The weekly tax is 3500 gold for a row deed. Gathering 3500 gold per week is far away from to hard.

Elwyn likes this.
  18. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

Everyone can afford 500 gold per day with the Orakel test.
    The benefits from a Ancestor account are already next to nothing with the free lot deed...

They basically screw the original backers to get more casuel players ingame.
    This is not how you treat kickstarter backers.

Caska likes this.
  19. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

But they need more "casual" players in the game or the chances are there will be no game at all..

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ahhh well I am a backer from Nov 2013 and I do not feel screwed. I feel we've had to evolve with the game and variety of player requests. I spent that money on the game years ago. I'm over it now. I just want a good game and really we don't agree. I want tons of all types of players in the game. This is a game trying to give something for everyone and I am really sorry to keep on this subject. I am going to let it go. I voiced my opinion as you voiced yours. *cheers*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.