In R55, those who complete storylines get POT row lot deed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roycestein Kaelstrom, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

You get more player when you deliver quality content (that has not early access quality) and make right design decisions.

2. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Yes I agree - they need to do plenty of things to get the player count up. This is one thing but there are many others that still need addressing.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Great idea and I'm all for it.
    I would have a few suggestions:
    No tax, but a few limits: only 2-story house with lower deco and container limits and no basement.
    Make than an option to pay tax to remove these restrictions.

4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

As an Ancestor I still feel special with my Place Anywhere Tax Free deed, with now a bonus PoT taxed deed, it will mean I will get 2 lots for the price of 1 daily oracle test, no big deal! On the other hand, players without deeds wont feel like they have to pay hundreds just to get a starter house.

5. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

This is nothing but a good thing IMO. The only bad thing about this is they should have done it at launch.

HokageFont, Barugon, Jaesun and 6 others like this.
  6. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

A row lot deed is a good reward for completing the story line!
    It would be even better though if it was upgraded to a Place Anywhere deed instead of a POT deed before implementation, in my opinion.

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I actually like the fact that it is PoT. This will force a but extra player interraction, generate more traffic to POTs, and not devalue the PA deeds. This is honestly a good thing in my opinion the way it is.

8. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Yeah, you're totally screwed by allowing lowly peasants and plebs join in an enjoy the game. Doesn't Port know this is an exclusive country club and not something for the unwashed masses to spoil with their poorness.

9. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

Obviously not during the Kickstarter campaign, they had to release the Game and see the Player count with ther own eyes.

10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Worth noting that Row Lot deeds appeared after Kickstarter. The Row Lot deed being given as the main quest reward is restricted, you can't trade it, you can only place in PoTs and it is subject to tax.

I welcome this change. I wish this had been in place for launch.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  11. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

With or without Tax?

500 Gold Per Day... if one has to take some time away, ain't cheap upkeep!

12. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

What could be the worst case? If I am away for too long, the lot deed will be back in bank, I suppose. I think it's okay, that player who don't play any longer make place for others...
    There are enough ghost houses around ;)

13. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

With. It was mentioned during the Livestream that they are going to revisit taxes. Both Chris and Starr agreed with this. Someone mentioned no more need for the lottery. I kinda disagree there. I'm always hoping I get a huge city or town lot. If taxes are lowered, it will let me have the mansion of my dreams!

14. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

This is a great change, owning a home is such a boost in the life of an avatar.

Maybe there could be a tax discount for those with only one row lot to help out poor/casual players. It’s not good if playing or even just logging in once a day is made to feel like a chore.

15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Like Rhiannon just mentionned, and I just heard watching back the livestream, they are revisitting taxes for R55!

16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I've got 60+ available Row Lots and a great location, and all the amenities I can figure out how to provide.

Bring It!

;)

17. Caska

Caska Avatar

Oh boy, everyone gets land they don't need... We're arguing about dumb stuff when we need to be holding the team's feet to the fire over stuff that really matters like targeting, line of site, factions and mob behavior that makes sense. Save that housing nonsense for dance parties.

18. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

It's indeed quite hard if you don't play every day. What if you play only three days a week because you have a wife/husband, full time job, home maintenance, and 2.5 kids to raise? Should you be excluded from enjoying SotA housing as a casual?

19. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

It's a cool idea, but I think a better idea would've been to draw more attention to the player-run inns. Also, improve the tenant system quite a bit. Nonetheless, this will help fill out a lot of the vast empty space around the world. So many POTs that have almost no housing should now start to fill out hopefully. Maybe the allure of having one's own property will be enough to get people to stick around.

20. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

You could buy a rent free lot in the add on store? That's not cheap but if available time in game is the challenge its an option. If you log in 3 times for 2 minutes you're already halfway to the rent if you pop to the Oracle. Pop every day and in 5 minutes a week you pay your rent.

Alternatively stick the deed in your bank or offer it for sale, it's a freebie anyway so what's to moan about

Jeez these forums lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.