This made me extremely happy, botters down.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I'd really like to see the ability to hire in-game apprentice NPCs to refine materials for you in bulk. Sort of like the concept of factories in Star Wars Galaxies. They could operate even when you are offline. Load them up with some resources to refine, and then come back later. They would work for a fee proportionate to the work load, and work at a skill level in-line with your own; the down-side being that maybe you don't get the experience for each craft - just the finished product.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Nikko, Baratan, Elwyn and 4 others like this.
  2. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

would be great to have some very rare artifacts drop while gathering , that gives +50 batch or +25% processing speed

or even some epic crafting quest reward.

Chatele and Witcheypoo like this.
  3. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

There are some good points here.

I think it would be great if we can get the benefits of efficient/swift/batching not only for raw materials but also for crafting components. A higher batching would be nice too, also worth to remember you can increase the speed leveling the main basic skill, not just the swift refine material.

4. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

I'm glad these cheaters are being called out! It's not fair to all the players to do things like this. We are a community here.

5. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Even tho I don't consider it "cheating", remember first it was tolerated (now Chris mention they change it) and people grind a lot to get what they need by adventuring before getting on crafting station (most of them).

Cheaters as you said ar people who gets adv. Exp. with macro syst. Or even like we saw in the past some mining botting who impacts clearly the games. But hey everyone have their opinion and way of seeing it. Love grinding so don't really matter to me but think it's a downside to the game when you don' have lot of time to put in game.

K1000 likes this.
  6. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

@Chris do you guys delete all the resources gained from botting even if they're already sold to other players? Thank you!

7. _Twilight_

_Twilight_ Avatar

Can we make an automaton or design the useless pledge servant to collect water? Or have an auto sprinkler?

8. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Point is , transforming mats is NOT FUN. Staying literally tens of hours in front of the computer to transform basic mats to be able to craft is NOT FUN. I play hearthstone on my ipad in front of the computer while batch crafting, or will take my laptop in front of my tv to do it, just to be able to click to restart the batching process. For hours on end. How is this fun? Gathering mats can be fun. Gathering money to buy mats can be fun. But transforming basic mats to THEN start crafting is not fun. I can manage not fun for 15 minutes. But not for hours on end. Why not make the crafting process less painful? Why not make batch crafting like Zurthock said to something more reasonable. Sota is a game. Every aspect of it should be fun. The devs have made good decisions in the past concerning crafting (i.e. Items can't be destroyed anymore when MW or enchanting, they just lose durability). Increasing dramatically the batching process would help a lot at making crafting less of a chore.Unless crafting is supposed to be a chore, then I have no point.

9. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

they need to put in companions that can refine mats for us while we are away/offline (you lose the chance at exp).... thats all pretty simple.... just gotta feed him the mats

10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The cost of water is 2 per, I mean you kill one simple enemy and get 20 coin, that's ten water AND exp. It is WAY more efficient to just go kill stuff and buy the water.

Hazard, Onyx, Nikko and 10 others like this.
  11. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Thank You!

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  12. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Here is an example of what I'm doing now. Came back from work 3 hours ago. Started Sota. Started crafting cotton into thread (batch crafting, can craft 44 at a time). Gave the kids supper. Helped them with their homework. Every 5-10 minutes of that time, I would come back in front of the computer to click with my mouse on the box, click 44 , and then on craft. Then I started transforming thread into straps, where I can only craft 20 at a time. Why? Why not just give us the option of batch crafting as many as we want, to make it less tedious? Why should crafting be this tedious in 2018?
    Maybe I'm seeing this wrong and the point is that it has to be tedious so not everyone decides to GM every crafting skill. But Crafting XP is so hard to come by, that I see that as the limiting factor.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Chatele, Arianna, Witcheypoo and 9 others like this.
  13. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

I actually like this idea. If you decide to batch craft a ton of mats, you get no XP for it. Why not?

Going back at playing Heatrthstone in front of Sota now that my kids are in bed...

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The magic broom pet from a release livestream a while ago...

Chatele, Jaesun, Alioth and 5 others like this.
  15. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

If you could just leave the crafting table to attend other chores while the mats are transforming it would be a great thing. Or for that matter, running two or three tables at once. In other words, start the process, go do something else and come back to start the next process.

Nikko, Elwyn and K1000 like this.
  16. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

Great job, but can you make the process of refining mats not suck so people don't feel the need to bot?

Would probably save you a lot of time and effort to attack the problem at the source!

17. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

To this day i didnt even knew macroing for crafting was allowed ..guess i was one of the ''suckers' doing it manually . Personally im against macro's of any kind. To the topic at hand - allowing macro for crafting has severely damaged the market for components . If people dont like or dont have time to make thousands of coils ,sheets , pulp or ingots they should BUY them from people who do. Selling components like coils, sheets, pulp should be the bread and butter for new players . It was a wise decision to no longer allow this type of '' botting'' to go on.

Chatele, Witcheypoo, Jaesun and 11 others like this.
  18. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

Absolutely! There needs to be more component vendors out there. This market has untapped potential I think.

Chatele, Witcheypoo, Nikko and 3 others like this.
  19. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

I think that s a good point in theory, but don't see that happening in practice. I'm a GM blacksmith. Why would I want to buy components if I can craft them. I have a ton of ore though (because I needed to mine to bring up my crafting XP to level up my crafting skills). Now I have to spend hours on end to transform them into ingots to be able to craft. Why not make this process fun, or at least less painful? That's just my point (and the point others are trying to make).

Chatele, Aldo, SeanWalter and 3 others like this.
  20. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

LOL would this be using a bot? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.