This made me extremely happy, botters down.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Untrue, but let the botters believe this! ;)

2. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Only for so long, even RNG has patterns.
    So you may be lucky doing it an hour or two but if the SI is smartly written patterns will show up sooner or later.

3. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

Then you can randomly replace the "craft" button for a big red one writing "Delete my Character".
    You'll stop all bot/macroer in Sota ! ...and some potential revenue :/

Matt Harris likes this.
  4. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

I do NOT want to bot! Lol. Agree completely that botting should be banned.

However watching a bar fill is not good gameplay.

5. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Put a button in that says "are you still here?" that appears in a random screen location that you need to click yes to in order to continue doing anything. Make yes and no switch randomly and log the person out with a lock out period and a flag to the devs if they don't click it in like 10 minutes.

2112Starman likes this.
  6. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I always take refining as the hurdle i have to pass, boring as hell but the price to pay to craft..in the silent hope that things will be improving someday and i can annoy newbies with "how things where in the old times when i had to walk to school 100 km and through snow and UPHILL BOOTH WAYS"

Mac2 likes this.
  7. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

bad idea.
    I am often so braindead from boring processing raws that i would have no problem overseeing that

K1000 likes this.
  8. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

Personally, im one who bought raw ressources from other players for real money.
    For the last 2 days, I did 3k dragon stew (macroing in front of my computer) and since Chris post, I stop using macro completely.

I prepared this x2 XP week since weeks ago so I have 12k Ore to refine and hundreds of imbued potions to craft, and much more..
    6 sec is needed to refine Ores into Ingots * (12,000/4) = 5 hours and all this for 150k xp (exceptional excluded)
    My current gameplay is all about watching a progress bar and condemned to doing nothing else.

Macro/bot to create ressources is bad (like gathering water) and harmful for the game economy but as refining do not create new ressources.. I don't see the point.

9. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

If it didn't let you click anything else and wasn't near where you world normally be clicking you'd notice it when nothing was happening.

10. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I'm doing 150k producer XP an hour mining in etceter crag mines, AND I am getting adventure XP at the same time, and as a secret bonus, I'm not staring at the screen all the time condemned to do nothing else ;)

11. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

Poke me back when you reach 12k of Ore to refine ;)

Im talking about the time needed to refine big amount of ressources and folk sharing their experiences about anything else except the main subject..

But that can be worse.. like saying "If you don't like it, don't do it"

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  12. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

@Chris great news but as many have said the refining of materials is a right royal pain with batches set at 20, added to this I personally suffer from a form of arthritis in my hands due to many years of downhill mountain biking so I have to be really careful how much keyboard warrior stuff I get involved with each day. So increased batch amounts / maybe as suggested based on crafter skill level or make it a higher threshold would help me and any other sufferers immensely. I'd even be happier with a lower exp threshold for larger batches which I appreciate is a little controversial ;)

K1000, Rada Torment and Dyonisys like this.
  13. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

I like the idea of a mini game for crafting I have even mentioned it before myself.

think of how much fun it will be to play the same 10 second mini game each time you want to make a single ingot :D.

14. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

Did anyone say “what about fetching pails of water?”

Turock Ockenshire likes this.
  15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

All for measures being taken to combat Bots.

Refining and the production of parts for crafting seriously needs another look. It simply is not fun. Crafting end products and enchanting/masterworks is great..........but all the stuff before that is just awful.

Refining and creating parts takes way too long and you simply cant batch enough at one time.

Nikko, Fungus and K1000 like this.
  16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Actually chris implemented a new "detect screen shadow" script that checks if the lighting directed at your screen changes at all, so if you aren't in front of your screen, you will be flagged as there is no movement detected in front of the screen!

*That ought to scare those not too enlightened botters :p*

17. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Ever have one of those moments when you can't tell if someone is being sarcastic? I'm fairly sure I'm being bit by Poe's law, but not quite completely sure.

18. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

A compromise could allowing macro/bot for small batch only.. like 60 items at once :D

19. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Actually a minigame that would just let it keep on going could be cool! : "Keep the furnace fueled up, and avoid it getting too hot, do a few actions here and there for the process to keep going, and eventually end up doing 500 ingots in 1 whole sitting! Add in a skill factor to get exceptionnal smelt to speed up the process, and you just made refining a fun, interactive process with a skill factor added in that results in making close to everyone happy!

Zurthock likes this.
  20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

My opinion as someone who has spent that last 6 days @ 2x XP grinding yellow lines now with all my spare time;

There's a reason people are botting, even increasing my batch from 20 to 50 barely effected my grind. There is no grind like this that I have ever done in an MMO besides maybe my 24 hour camp for JBOOTS in EQ1.

Unless you have 18 hours a day to play this game, you truly have no shot at doing any crafting in this game, the dev's are actually and honestly lucky people like me are OCD enough to actually do it. I cant blame anyone for botting crafting in this game... its INSANE.

We have complained about water for a year and been told (even yesterday by Chris) that this would be fixed in some way. I have a village lot with like 200 arg slots and it can take an hour to pull water for this. How do you expect any casual player to do this?

(currently finished 3000 of 5000 wolf heads)

I've even now sent my alt into The Essylum now to mine ore with my alt now (while my main farms yellow lines). It takes everything I have to do this grind, I've pulled maybe 1000 silver out and even my OCD cant handle it any more. I cant imaging how people do this to the tune of 100,000 ore in the past 2 years.

Just look at me! I've been relatively happy playing the game now for some time and haven't raged in a while either. But this was my one last hope to get into crafting and Im utterly disappointed with the reality of it.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    MFWalter and K1000 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.