BK010 - Additional Skill Trees

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by DeadnGone, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

In addition to my "BK009 - Revisions of Skill Trees", I believe we could also implement additional skill trees, perhaps, and my wording may be bad here... but like para-elemental trees or inbetween trees. Some could be open to choose as you progress... others could only be available if you have "specialization" in two of its parent trees.

For example, if you specialize in Water and Fire (maybe put a minimum of 40-50 specialization or higher), then you would unlock the sphere of "Steam" skills. Water & Earth... Mud. And not just elements, like Death & Fire could be a "Hell" skill tree or whatever you'd like to create for it. Life & Heavy Armor could create a "Paladin" skill tree with special skills in those, and a Death & Heavy Armor could be a Deathknight/Shadowknight type skill tree. You can see where this is going.

This would give additional game features as well as diversify skill builds as they would still have to choose a limited number of skills for their decks or static/locked skill slots. It would also introduce new effects, spells, things to the game that could also be implemented into other areas such as enchantments, effects on items/goods, etc.

Morgathys likes this.
  2. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

Interesting idea, could working with virtues/anti-virtues =]

I found this image from planescape on Pinterest

[​IMG]

Bigg and Brugas like this.
  3. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Yeah, this is sort of like what I was talking about for access, but would create special skill spheres based on the combination of the 2 specializations. I've seen some better sphere charts from D&D in the past, for all schools of magic, but may take some time to pull up. But this is a good example, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.