Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Obsidian Forge ... isn't there

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Feldon Grimshaw, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

I saved up a bunch of obsidian chips to forge into ingots and make some obsidian weapons and armor. However, when i entered the forge with my party, i was in a different instance. We all have the same client version and were in party mode. Going back out/in didn't help. Leaving/reforming the party didn't help.

I proceeded all the way to the bottom, and didn't run into a single enemy creature. I _think_ the system believes i'm doing the lens quest, but ... i've had my shroud for a long time.

Here's my theory:
    I got my shroud a long time ago, even before it was required to use the forge to reassemble the lens, so maybe it thinks i need to do the quest because i never did it, because i didn't have to waaaaaay back when it was first possible to get the shroud.

Also, there is no forge down here. It's a pathway that goes to a lava pit, but no forge. I've been here before. I know what it's supposed to look like, and this isn't it.

[​IMG]
    Help?

2. zeabz

zeabz Avatar

6/6/2018 9:07 PM
    Title: Obsidian Forge Not There
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? YES
    Details: At Obsidian Forge, It is not here, only lava. The lava does not hurt me. If i fall in it and into the hole it warps me back to the bridge in the same room.
    Steps to Reproduce: Go to Hilt Fortress and head to the lowest level. I tried in all 3 party modes (its a private instance so should not matter, but did so for testing purposes) and in a party and solo. Same Results
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12) System RAM: 32707
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU RAM: 4060
    SotA.Win.64.791.Date.06.06.18
    Area: Novia_R3_Hills02_Hilt_Interior
    Area Display Name: Hilt Fortress
    Loc: (63.7, -78.0, -119.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfSGlsbHMwMl9IaWx0X0ludGVyaW9yfHwoNjMuNjc1LCAtNzcuOTYxLCAtMTE5LjE3KXwoMCwgMSwgMCwgLTAuMDE3KXwxODIuNzA4NHwzNC44Mjc0MXwxNS4zOTM1

No Forge Only Lava

[​IMG]

Under the Lava.. nice and warm lava.. :) does not kill me.. oh look a nice hole..

[​IMG]

Yay!!!.. i am falling.. and end up back on the bridge.. = everlasting fun.. yes please :)

[​IMG]

3. zeabz

zeabz Avatar

I was thinking. Maybe it has to do with how the player learns the vermilion lens recipe.. Its really the only thing i have done that is associated with the forge. For instance i picked up the recipe on a vendor.. which is probably not the intended way of procuring it. I bet i did the lens quest almost a year ago, long before the recipe existed.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@zeabz thank you. I've been talking to Fruck Awesome about this issue as well, and I suspect the recipe may have something to do with it. I've submitted this bug: 59840
    We cannot repro, and it seems only a small number of players are affected. However, I know you can't make obsidian gear which is no good! I'm sorry for the troubles.
    @Feldon Grimshaw

Thank you as well. Msg me your in-game names and if it's okay with you, we may be able to get you into the right instance by forcing it. However, I cannot guarantee that will work until this is fixed.

Jaesun, Feldon Grimshaw and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

@Lexie : Still a problem in Patch 791.

Here's some more information:
    1. I started a group with a player already in Nightshade Pass. He entered Hilt Fortress and started killing mobs as normal.
    2. I entered Nightshade Pass without clicking on the player's shield from the Overworld Map. When I ran up the hill and entered Hilt Fortress, the other player was not in the same instance as me. Both of us were in Open Mode, as evidenced by both of our avatars appearing in the same instance of Nightshade pass when we both exited Hilt Fortress. We both re-entered Hilt Fortress and found ourselves in separate instances again.
    3. Then I went back into Hilt Fortress and the other player followed me by clicking on the "Follow Leader" box. This time, he ended up in the same instance as me. But as we ran down to the Obsidian Forge, there were NO mobs. None. Well, except one measly Large Brown Spider in the spider room.
    4. When we entered the Obsidian Forge room, we had the same graphics as the OP. When I jumped in the "lava pit," I eventually started following through the world for about 5-10 seconds before reappearing at the entrance of Hilt Fortress.
    5. Finally, we both went back to Nightshade Pass, dropped party, and had the other player form a new group. He entered Hilt Fortress and found the mobs and Obsidian Forge where they belonged. I "followed the leader" and ended up in the same instance. There was much rejoicing.
    This is the first time I've been unable to join the same instance as a group member in the same matchmaking mode. It would appear that I somehow created a bugged instance where the obsidian forge and mobs were not present. Both players have completed the main storyline, but possibly at different development points. I believe I finished mine shortly after the Shroud quest was completable.

I hope this helps with the repro! Let me know if you have any questions.

- Lao Tzu

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Jaesun and Feldon Grimshaw like this.
  6. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

@Lao Tzu

great steps. that's exactly what i am seeing. and i was able to do the forge using the workaround of having someone else as party leader, and pressing "follow" (thanks for the workaround tip)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.