Solutions to Puzzles & Treasure Hunts (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Rinaldi, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Zone: South Boundless Forest
    Spoiler: Solving the totem puzzle & Getting the Blessing of the Tamer

In the caves (shown by the blue arrows on the map in the Brief Solution spoiler below), there are ancient paintings that provide the clues needed to solve the puzzle.
    The key painting, which is on the floor of the cave, is shown below (red "K" on Brief Solution map, location 64.435, 49.059, -279.843)

[​IMG]

In SOTA, the sun rises in the East. If you stand in the middle of the key painting and face the 4 cardinal directions, then you will see that each symbol is associated with the direction shown above.

In the remaining paintings, there is an animal and a symbol (a hand or a sun). Match the symbol in the painting to the direction above, and that will be the direction for that animal. An example for the Boar is shown below (the direction for the Boar is North):
    [​IMG]

Once the paintings have been deciphered, you will have this information:
    boar - north
    wolf - south
    stag - east
    bear - west

To complete the puzzle, you must find 4 totems and rotate them so that they face the proper direction. The four totems correspond to the 4 animals depicted in the cave paintings. So, when you find each totem, rotate it so that it faces the direction that you deciphered from the paintings.

Boar totem (location -262.4, 39.1, -168.5) - make it face NORTH
    Wolf totem (location 157.8, 32.1, 129.2) - make it face SOUTH
    Stag Totem (location 188.4, 64.0, -168.1) - make it face EAST
    Bear totem (location -82.6, 37.4, 381.7) - make it face WEST

Note: the animals that inhabit the area around a totem are the same as the animal depicted on the totem. For example, if you see bears roaming around, you are near the Bear totem.

Before you solve the puzzle, the doorway below is blocked by roots (see orange arrow on the map in the Brief Solution spoiler below; location: 96.1, 38.5, -340.9).
    [​IMG]

Once you have rotated all 4 totems into the proper orientation, the roots will disappear and you can enter the hidden cave. Inside you will find a treasure chest, a spriggan idol, and an aura. When you enter the aura, you will receive the Blessing of the Tamer (adds 10 levels to your pet).
    [​IMG]

Boar totem (location -262.4, 39.1, -168.5) - make it face NORTH
    Wolf totem (location 157.8, 32.1, 129.2) - make it face SOUTH
    Stag Totem (location 188.4, 64.0, -168.1) - make it face EAST
    Bear totem (location -82.6, 37.4, 381.7) - make it face WEST

= totem (the text in orange is the direction the totem must be facing)
    Orange Arrow = door to cave where blessing is located.
    Blue arrows = caves with paintings.
    K = key painting.
    [​IMG]

This is Duke Gréagóir's video walk-through of the puzzle. See his excellent Taming Guide - it has everything you need to know about taming!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  2. Sir Aular Glorthalion

Sir Aular Glorthalion Avatar

Write up of how to solve the puzzle (with explanation) here:
    [​IMG]

Grinen, amarious, Rinaldi and 5 others like this.
  3. Sidorovich

Sidorovich Avatar

Blackblade Foothills
    Getting to the top of the mesas

So solution to get there involve getting jump boost using tornado? I spent almost entire hour trying to achieve that and just could not. Never worked for me.
    So I would just like to propose this MUCH simpler alternative to be added to that solution that I found while slowly loosing my sanity trying to make that tornado jump!

[​IMG]

You just just jump on this rock nearest to the ladder and climb the ladder from there! It's pretty much right across the rock you suppose to make that tornado jump from!

While I bet making that tornado jump would be more fun...I really could not do it no matter how many times I tried.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    shathiell and Rentier like this.
  4. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

the totem is not interactable. it will not allow me to insert the Eyes into it.

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Only the middle one takes the gems. All you do is click on each one and if you have the gem on you, you will see a message in chat window that you used it.

Not sure, but I think you have to start with the one on the bottom first.

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Zone: Penmawr Island
    Spoiler: Solving the puzzle to find Captain Kennet's Treasure

Note: All /locs are approximate or rounded to whole numbers for simplicity.

There is a partial skeleton sitting in a throne in the "Secluded Cove" at (-33, 11, 243). If you mouse over the missing body parts of this skeleton, the tooltip will read Missing xxxxxx, where xxxxx is the name of the body part.

The 4 missing parts are the Skull, Left Forearm, Right Forearm, and Left Lower Leg.

If you look on the gound to the right of the throne, you will spot 1 of these parts - Strange Left Forearm.

The solution to solving this puzzle is to find all the missing pieces, double click the area where these parts would attach to this skeleton, and then defeat the ghost of Captain Kennet when this process brings him back. Once you do this, 2 treasure chests will appear from the sand behind him for you to loot.

Note: This quest is repeatable, but you can only open the chest on the left on the first attempt.

This info alone might help you solve this one on your own, so if you don't want a complete walkthrough, don't proceed to the rest of the spoilers.

Clue #1 (-16, 16, -20) Arcturus Salt's Penmawr Island Map (This is a note pinned to the map on the wall inside his hut.)

[​IMG]
    The note gives clues that there was a plan (to hide the body parts) and the location of the key to his part ... in the Crow's nest above his hut at (-19, 26, -12).
    To get to the Crow's nest, you need to do a small jumping puzzle on the surrounding buildings and walk on some wooden beams (you can't see them in this screenshot, but it starts with some crates in a pyramid shape below my starting point)...

[​IMG]

Once you get into the crows nest, you will find the "Rusty Penmawr Island Chest Key" on the inside wall...

[​IMG]

Note that it's called a "Chest Key" so we now know we need to find a chest to open.
    To get down from here, just jump onto the roof of the hut below and then down to the main boardwalk area towards the next clue.

Clue #2 (-44, 14, 30) Flynn LeClot's Journal and Map

[​IMG]

The Journal is on the crate with the bottles and the map is on the wall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First, the journal gives some clue info: The bones are the key to the treasure... and that 3 people were involved with ripping the bones off and burying them.

The map shows an X next to a small tree with a log running up a rocky peak.

Clue #3 (-17, 14, 32) - An Announcement of a Hog Roast at 7 o'clock, Pier 3. Seems irrelevant at first, but important after finding Clue #4.

[​IMG]

Clue #4 (-10, 14, 62) Jen's Hut with her map on the wall and note sitting on the crate to the left of the sofa about "where" she hid her booty. (Watch for the bear traps on the ground in here... They hurt!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, I forgot to get a screenshot of it, but on that table in the bottom right corner you will find Jen's Key to her chest.

Note that the announcement says she stowed the booty "at hog roast time" and that her map has 12 tick marks like a clock. Using the Clue #3, we know that Hog Roast was at 7 o'clock... so her booty should be found somewhere at the end of the horseshoe, where the 7 hand would be.

[​IMG]

Clue #5 (-70, 12, -134) - So far we found clues for 3 different chests, but only found 2 keys. The third key can be found on a skeleton corpse on the beach near the invading undead ship...

[​IMG]

All of the chests we need to find are buried in the "sand" and are not visible when you approach them. In order to reveal the chest, you need to double click on the spot where your cursor turns green and you see the "sand" tooltip appear.

Once you click it, the chest will rise up and then you will need to use one of the keys on the lock to open it.
    Chest #1 (111, 52, 118) This one is up above Arcturus' hut. There are some boars around it so be prepared to kill them first.

If you recall his map, it showed a big X made from lines drawn from a big head to the Y in the stream and from the other big head to a broken log.

[​IMG]

Here is where the "sand" is

[​IMG]

And here is the chest...
    [​IMG]

Open to get the Strange Skeletal Left Lower Leg (and a bit of coin)

[​IMG]

Chest #2 (71, 27, -177) If you run from Chest #1 and go N-NW (through the elves and to the right) down a bit, you will find the location depicted on Flynn's map. There is only 1 boar here, but you will need to kill it first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dig this one up and open with the key to get the Strange Skull
    [​IMG]

Chest #3 (-195, 11, 96) This one is on the beach, at the 7 o'clock position of Jen's map and yields you the Strange Skeletal Right Forearm.

[​IMG]

Now you have all the parts to complete the puzzle.
    Now you need to return to the skeleton in the Secluded Alcove, and place them onto the missing sections of him. If you didn't get it yet, pick up the Left Forearm on the ground near the right of the throne.

Note, there are some pirates here to defeat, so you might want to do that before raising Captain Kennet.

[​IMG]

Once all the parts are added, a Ghost will appear that you need to kill. Once he is dead, 2 chests will appear behind the throne.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Congrats, you finished the puzzle! The chest on the left can only be looted the first time and it will contain a "bundle bag" like the regular loot bundles.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  7. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

Zone: Tenebris Harbor
    Spoiler: Royce's Hidden Loot puzzle

Around the zone you see various chests that need keys to unlock them. The first key I found on a corpse, and since they've said in the R52 release notes that the fires and corpses in the new Tenebris Harbor will disappear soon, I'm not sure this puzzle is staying around. Anyway, the corpse was up near the Relic Hunter(s), in the building where the drunkard is that gives the troll toenails quest. The corpse is on the second floor.

This gave me Dekker King's key, which I think went to a chest in the lighthouse (actually I think two chests, one on the very top of the lighthouse also) that gave me...

I think Big Benson's key next (chest is in the ship in dry dock I think, down in the hold), then...

Lucia's key (chest at the Mizzenmast Inn), then...

Royce's key (chest at the abandoned fish shack up near where the old prospector's lucky nugget is). In Royce's chest was a false bottom with a key and a note. The note says go out the northeast gate and then follow the wall west and then turn north to the old cave.

Royce's note is actually messed up, it's actually south and then turn west to get to the cave. Guessing the zone got reoriented when moved to live. Anyway, that seemed to be it...but there's another room on the ship in dry dock with three chests in it which never did get opened along the way. My guess is these are just fakes to make you keep going back and fighting your way through the waves of mobs at the dry dock ship in order to check each new key to see if you finally have a key that fits those three locked chests.

But if someone figures out that there is actually a key somewhere to one or all three of those chests (in the room with the nice plants) then most definitely send me a conversation message here on the forums with details! The final chest in the cave had loot that was the usual pretty disappointing loot, gem fragments and a little gold and a few arrows, that's about it. Yeah yeah doing puzzles is its own reward bleh bleh bleh...said no one ever except game developers. A little unique display item would be really nice OR at least get the in game achievements system in! But a display item would still be better!

Oh and there are also some notes along the way from Royce in the abandoned fish shop and one somewhere from Big Benson that play into the quest.

Final note: I may have some of this messed up as I did the quest and then thought to spoiler the whole thing here, so if I did let me know via a forum conversation and I will fix as needed.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  8. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Zone: Brittany Sewers
    Spoiler: Solving the steam-valve puzzle (using the wheel valves to open the gates)

Thank you to @HogwinHD (Alexander John in-game) for making this video walk-through of the puzzle solution.

9. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

There is a Captain that shows up at the end. I'm not sure if he dropped a key or whatnot but I did manage to open one chest during the quest. I had the 2nd key in the set at the time, and opened the chest on the right. That was the standard loot chest.

edit2: as well, there is a loot chest jump puzzle on penmar island.

edit3: Since I was in the area, I can confirm that you can open a chest after the killing. Just one though.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Rentier likes this.
  10. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Zone: Shaminian Hills
    Spoiler: Puzzle that leads to The Blessing of the Sun or the Blessing of the Moon

Note: to solve this puzzle, you need to have shadows turned on (go to the video options, and set shadow distance to a setting other than "none")

You need to place the Shaminian crystals on the power-coupling wheels and orient the wheels in the appropriate direction to access 2 of the 3 coffins. The 3rd coffin can be opened when the emblem shadow is cast on the coffin. Take the tomes from the coffins, and then place the tomes on one of the altars.
    If you place the tomes on the Altars of Benediction (in the Secluded Monastery), then you get the Blessing of the Sun (+15 sun attunement, -20 moon attunement).
    If you place the tomes on the Altars of Sacrifice (on the wooden tower near the Obsidian Camp), then you get the Blessing of the Moon (+15 moon attunement, -20 sun attunement).
    These blessings last 3 days.

These blue, round crystals are used to activate the "Power Coupling" wheels.
    You can carry only 2 of these crystals at a time.

A crystal is located in the middle of a defunct power coupling wheel (Location 115.2, 58.2, 207.3)

[​IMG]
    A crystal is located in a tree house (Location -279.9, 64.9, -23.9).
    [​IMG]

Okay, this is a bit complicated. I have created the basic map below to help orient you. I have numbered the Power Coupling wheels to make it easier to refer to them.

I am not sure if the Power-coupling wheels must be placed in the orientation shown below to open the central coffin, but this configuration worked for me (I did not test all the possible orientations, so I guess the orientation of the Power-couplings may not matter).

[​IMG]
    Getting the Tomes

Step 1:

Stand on the circular elevator platform (Location -49.9, 69.3, -20.6), and place a Shaminian crystal on wheel 1. The elevator will rise to the upper platform.
    [​IMG]
    Find the "Power Coupling" on wheel 1 (note: you need to tilt the camera so that you click on the connection between the wheel and the floor). Clicking on the "Power Coupling" will spin the coupling rod (the metal "pointer" on the ground) by 90 degrees.
    Click on the "Power Coupling" twice so that the metal rod points Northeast toward the spinning rocks. This will cause the spinning rocks to lay flat and form a bridge.
    Run across the stone bridge to find the next wheel. Note that for all of the wheels, when the rod is rotated in a given direction, the stone gate or spinning rocks in that direction will open and allow you pass.

Step 2
    At the 2nd wheel (Location -4.5, 88.8, 33.2), place the Shaminian crystal on the wheel. This will open the two consecutive stone gates to the southeast.
    Click on the 2nd wheel "Power Coupling" 3 times so that the rod is pointing Northeast. This will open a stone door and allow you to access a treasure chest. Now go back to the 2nd wheel and rotate it so that the metal rod points southwest. Now run and get 2 more crystals (at the same 2 locations you got the crystals initially). Return to wheel 2, then rotate the rod so it faces southeast to reopen the southeast passage. Run southeast and find the next wheel.

Step 3:
    Place the shaminian crystal on the 3rd wheel at location 46.0, 88.8, 33.1, and it will open another stone gate to the southeast. Run to the southeast to find the next wheel.

Step 4a:
    Place the shaminian crystal on the 4th wheel at location 94.4, 88.8, 32.8. Click on the "Power Coupling" twice so that the metal rod points Northeast. This will cause the stone wall to open and will allow access to an ancient coffin. Click on the coffin, and take the "Tome of Greatness".

Step 4b:
    Go back to wheel 4 and rotate the rod to the southwest.
    Go back to wheel 3 and rotate the rod to the southwest.
    Go back to wheel 2 and rotate the rod to the southwest.
    Go back to wheel 1 and rotate the rod to the southeast.

Now run and get 2 more crystals.

To get to wheel 5, you have to jump off the stone path, run around the stone pillars, and then jump onto the rocks.
    [​IMG]

Step 5:
    Place a shaminian crystal on the wheel at location 51.3, 88.8, -104.3. Click on the "Power Coupling" so that the metal rod points southeast. This will open a stone door and allow you to access a treasure chest. Now go back to the 5th wheel and rotate it so that the metal rod points Northwest (toward the spinning rocks). This will cause the spinning rocks to lay flat and form a bridge. Run across the stone bridge to find the next wheel.

Step 6:
    Place a shaminian crystal on the 6th wheel (location 1.6, 88.8, -104.0). Run through the open stone door and turn right. Go around the corner and find another coffin. Open the coffin and take the "Tome of Friendship". Run back to wheel 6, click on the "Power Coupling" so that the metal rod points northeast. Now run back across the stone bridge to the 5th wheel. Rotate the 5th wheel so that the metal rod faces northeast.

Step 7:
    To solve this part of the puzzle, you must have shadows turned on (go to the video options, and set shadow distance to a setting other than "none"). Run back to the Temple Ruins. There is an emblem at the top of 2 tall stone pillars at the Northwest end of the temple. When the shadow of this emblem is cast onto the central coffin, the coffin can be opened (and you can take the Tome of Death). So, the central coffin can only be opened at 2 times during a full day/night cycle: once when the sunlight casts the emblem's shadow on the coffin, and once when the moonlight casts the emblem's shadow on the coffin.

Shadow almost on the central coffin:
    [​IMG]

Shadow on the coffin: I clicked on the coffin (notice that it is open) and took the tome.
    [​IMG]

To get the Sun Blessing
    Once you have all 3 tomes, go to the Secluded Monastery. When you place all of the tomes on the altars, an aura will appear. Move into the aura to get your blessing!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To get the Moon Blessing
    Once you have all 3 tomes, go to the wooden tower near the Obsidian Camp (the wooden tower is a minor jump puzzle!). When you place all of the tomes on the altars, an aura will appear. Move into the aura to get your blessing!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can have either the Blessing of the Moon or the Blessing of the Sun, but not both at the same time.

Thanks @Mac2.

The content of each tome is essentially a quote from a famous philosopher:
    • Tome of Greatness - the 1st paragraph of text was written by Aristotle. The second paragraph is often incorrectly attributed to Aristotle, but was actually written by Will Durant in The Story of Philosophy (1926).
    • Tome of Friendship - the text in this tome was written by Aristotle.
    • Tome of Death - the text in this tome was written by Epicurus.
    For details about the text in each tome and about the philosophers, see this link in the Easter Egg and Real Word Reference thread.

Also see the Easter Eggs in this Zone:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  11. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

Rinaldi: additional input. In regards to the stones:

1. You can carry more then 2 stones. There is a bit of a glitch I believe where you can retrieve a previously placed stone. So you get your first two stones, do stuff with them and get your next 2 stones. After that you can sometimes collect the previously placed stones.

2. You can get 2 of the tomes without the stones. The stones are cool though.

3. The treehouse one isn't always there. (this could of been due to the glitch I might have caused.)

4. I wanted a number 4.

5. You can collect more then one copy of the tome at a time in your inventory.

6. The tomes are not placeable in your house; even if they show up as an outline. (SHAME!!! SHAME!!!)

7. Don't be afraid to use the /stuck command. It's useful when you uhm.. play like I do.

Net, Rentier, thradia and 1 other person like this.
  12. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Zone: Eastmarch
    Spoiler: Solution to the Mushroom Puzzle (opening the stone door to the Mushroom Cave)

Thanks to @Alley Oop for revealing the solution!

In order to solve this puzzle, you need to have a party of 5 or more people.
    Once you solve the puzzle, the stone door to the Mushroom cave (shown below) will open, and you can access the
    treasure.
    [​IMG]

There are 5 mushroom fairy rings that have one ring inside another (example shown below). Each of these 5 fairy rings shows up as a point of interest on the compass.
    Location of the 5 fairy rings:

Northern ring..........-363.7, 68.2, 169.5
    Northwest ring
    ........-473.8, 47.5, -552.6
    Western ring
    .............-42.7, 40.9, -251.8
    Southwest ring
    .........422.6, 76.2, -344.6
    Eastern ring
    ............-154.6, 51.6, 510.8

[​IMG]

When a player walks into the center ring, the blue color of the inner ring changes to green (see above).
    To solve the puzzle, the inner ring of each of the 5 fairy rings must be occupied simultaneously by one of the avatars in the party.
    In other words, one member of the party must stand inside the inner ring in each of the 5 concentric ring sites.
    Once the 5 rings are occupied, the outer rings will turn green and the stone door to the Mushroom cave will open.

[​IMG]

The stone door to the mushroom cave is gone (Location: -312.7, 36.5, 51.4), revealing a portal that teleports you deeper into the cave.
    [​IMG]

After walking through the teleporter, you encounter Bogmen and find a treasure chest that gives you a loot bundle - which contains typical chest loot and no special items.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, see the Easter Eggs inside Eastmarch (spoilers ahead!)

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    FrostII, Rada Torment, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  13. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

Zone: Kiln Cistern
    This is for Gold Quest exp and virtue parchment

As your video for this is no longer available I think this link would be a nice replacement.

Kiln Cistern Video

It is not my Video, but I found it as a replacement for the broken link in the current one.

Rada Torment, Jaesun, Rentier and 2 others like this.
  14. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Zone: Norgard Fens
    Spoiler: Solution to the Symbol Puzzle & Getting the Blessing of Agility

Enter the Mushroom Arena, and kill the waves of mushrooms. One of the higher level mushrooms will drop the Power Orb as loot. In the case below, the boss mushroom (Paxillus Involutus) dropped the power orb.
    [​IMG]

There are 4 symbols that can be found in this zone. You need to know these symbols to solve the puzzle and get the blessing.

This symbol is at location 313.0, 19.7, 4.8
    When you initially find this wall, the shapes are not connected.

[​IMG]

Click each piece, and they will rotate together to form the [​IMG] symbol.

[​IMG]

This symbol is at location -34.7, 20.8, -56.5
    You will see the [​IMG] symbol in the brick water-pools in the ground.

[​IMG]

Go to the Kobald Scouting Research Camp (Location 104.1, 27.1, 311.5) and look through the telescope and you will see the [​IMG] symbol.

[​IMG]

At location 92.3, 19.3, 86.8, you will see a post with a rope tied to it.
    [​IMG]
    Walk over to the rope, and you will fall through the mud and into a secret cave. Inside the cave, you find the [​IMG] symbol. Click on the rope to get back out of the cave.
    [​IMG]

Go the the Mud Tower (location 64.6, 56.0, 125.0), climb the staircase, and click on the switch to bring the elevator down. Hop on the elevator platform, click the switch again, and go to the top of the tower.
    Place the Power Orb on the pedestal by clicking the pedestal. This will activate the buttons on the wall. Clicking a button will toggle the color of its symbol to either white or black. Click the buttons so that the symbols that you found throughout the zone are white and the rest of the symbols are black. When you have the 4 correct symbols turned white, the aura for the Blessing Of Agility will appear (+30 dexterity, -10 strength x 3 days). Walk into the aura to get the blessing.

[​IMG]

Also, see the Easter egg in Norgard Fens (spoilers ahead!).

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  15. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

In Sunless Barrens I have found three obelisks that are clickable and look like they fire up the same types of light beams as in Sequanna Colossus. None of them will fire though and I have no idea what they are related to. One is up on the tower that looks like the bonfire towers in other zones, one is on a little island to the southwest (careful, the Aether Corpion is near there now as of R55). The last one is out by the ensorcelled pottery for the sunless cloth quest - out on one of the lava spits of land. Anyone have any idea what these are for?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    On the door it says:

"A wise man in his final days
    proclaimed with heated passion,
    that the world would drift aimlessly
    without the biting of the gadfly

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  16. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

if the obelisk are fire earth and air ? that may be what the door says ?

17. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

There are only two marked on the map. Looking around for the fourth one, thank you. :)

That quote on the door is pretty interesting.

18. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Zone: East Vauban Foothills
    Spoiler: Getting the Blessing of Invigoration (solving the Rune/Obelisk puzzle)

• Ruin of Body - drops as loot from an earth elemental (location -240.7, 111.8, 164.2) just Northwest of the Fishing Shack (a point of interest at the North end of the lake).
    • Rune of Spirit - drops as loot from an Ebon Cultist High Wizard. The wizard can be found near the windmill (-288.1, 102.5, -68.8), the Farmhouse, or the Uferort Entrance (all are points of interest clustered together at the West end of the zone).
    • Ruin of Mind - the location of this Rune can be found in or near the Ebon Dawn Camp (To get there, go to the Southeast end of the lake, find the river that flows into the lake, and then follow the river into the cave). Sannio (a developer) stated that the location of this rune is randomized, and "It can appear in one of several locations. All of those locations are fairly close to each other." The Rune can be found in one of the tents or on the platform where the zombie tanks are located.
    [​IMG]

Go to the Obelisk on the hill overlooking the lake (location 127.1, 140.4, -111.5). Place the runes into the slots on the obelisk by clicking on the slots.
    When you have placed all 3 of the runes in the Obelisk, a castle will rise from the lake!

Before placing the Runes in the Obelisk:

[​IMG]

After placing the Runes in the Obelisk:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To get inside the castle, go down to the village at the West end of the lake ("Uferort Entrance" on the compass). From the shore near the dock, you can climb the steps to the castle.
    When you enter the castle, you will need to fight several waves of undead, enter teleporters, and then cross spinning bridges (cross the bridge when the spinning stops, but run fast because you do not have much time).
    When you have cleared the lich wave, enter the teleporter, and you will appear on the roof of the castle.
    On the roof is the blessing aura (yellow arrow in pic below) and a teleporter (red arow in pic below).
    Enter the blessing aura to obtain the blesssing of invigoration (+10 healing modifier for 3 days: increases heals & regeneration by 10% and reduces healing debuffs by 10%).
    To leave the castle, go into the teleporter, and it will take you back to the first room, then click on the door to leave.

[​IMG]

Thanks @Alley Oop for the corrections

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
  19. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I think I remember seeing a "Death" obelisk in that scene also. Can't remember where, but it might refer to the first clue.

20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Where is that door? After I found the runes, I figured there was a door somewhere, but I couldn't find it.