Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please make the Cloak "Shroud of the avatar" usable for patterns and color changes

Discussion in 'Release 54 Feedback Forum' started by gandik, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

You can dye the cloak, you just dont use dye to make it change color is all.

2. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I think people are aware of that, and that the choice of colors is limited and that you have in ways that do not really have to align with your chars background....
    And think about it, if i play an good sneaky char i am saddled with an bright white piece of cloth that shines light.
    Not really the good outfit to be stealthy.
    My vote is make it purely aethetic, people can wear it to brag and we do not have this whole "but it has stats on it i have to wear it wahwah" discussion

3. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I see people's points about it remaining the same virtue color and not wanting it pattern-able ... but for those of us not thrilled at how the shroud looks.. how about an option of changing it to a few different looks? Maybe the original shroud, a "fur style" shroud and a more standard style shroud. They could all look awesome but would give players a choice on styles to choose from.

Nietzsche likes this.
  4. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

i liked the original shroud that fit well on leather armor, and was a bit more muted in color. once they make it bigger and bulkier and brighter so it fit on plate armor i stopped wearing it, it looked bad, and the particle effect is awful. i like that it is not dyeable or patterned, but if you change the look, change it back to when it first came out and looked cool.

By Tor likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Same. It now looks like I'm wearing football shoulder pads. I'm just not using it now.

6. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

That is the reason why i don't wear the Shroud of the Avatar, it looks so ugly with light armor.
    They need to makle a second Shroud for light armor or make a clothing system that works...

7. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I think that adding combat stats to the shroud is a design flaw for the game. For starters, it makes it best in slot for many people, and it also leads to people manipulating virtue now for stats.

I feel as though the shroud should be special, but in a completely different way. Let wearing the shroud allow you to gain access to a scene otherwise inaccesibe for example, or make wearing it cause npc's to react in a different way that can then be used to create unique experiences. Theres many better ways to make the shroud special without having to resort to stats on it.

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  8. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

How about the possibility for a crafter to salvage the shroud to produce an "essence of the shroud" which can be applied similar to a pattern but not a pattern, something additional, to any armor type in game. That way you can use the essence on any item you like and also use patterns ontop of it. The only thing is the item that has the essence applied to it won't be able to be dropped or traded since it becomes the new quest item. When mousing over the item a context window displays what colour it is glowing so you know your virtue status.

9. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I think that is a problematic solution

Takes lots of extra programming for one item with stats that are only desirable right now because it fits into the back slot.
    While i would love to slap an worn cloak pattern on it the form is important because it is an plot item.
    Dye the same, it is an plot item.

Renaming the game and making it something different kinda not the most cheap or sensible idea (an i guess LB would be rightly kinda annoyed)

I vote for removing the stats, make it an as suggested "key item" that while worn has effects that are not about stats but important in maybe zones specially designed for the shroud.

This would make it so that people have to do the quest to access them, it becomes an rite of passage.

I like quirky zones like the vale only acessible during certain times and so (because it is not convient, you have to go there when it is there, convience makes things become stale quick)

The shroud quest is not that hard, only annoying in that one has to go through PvP and serve as entertainment or through some very hard PvE content if one knows the way (Porta could really do something about that, I do not hate inconvient but blatant nudging me to "enjoy" PvP, it is at least inpolite to do that)

So make the shroud something you wear for reasons that are not about stats.

Quest reasons, story reasons, lore reasons, not a few points in this and that resons, make it MEAN really something, there should be an POINT in it beside "is the only thing that has stats" because that is kinda bleh.

It should be something that gives you access to chapter 2 maybe.

As said, the quest is doable for casuals, with help it is doable for an lvl 50 easy, it is not blocking your path through the game because you play only weekends, so you can make it an key element to zones or the next chapter.

10. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

If you are a sneaky thief it will go black as night.

11. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

Hear hear! I too am proud to wear my shroud, just as I'm proud of my title, Royal Founder. I'm proud of my achievements in the game and very disappointed that the debuff to movement speed prevents me from wearing my shroud on all but special occasions (like when I meet with other avatars - who now also tend to proudly wear their shrouds).

There are lots of ways to solve this problems that the Shroud presents, but simply trying to discourage players from showing off their achievements isn't one of them.

Nog likes this.
  12. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I have worn it a grand time of about 1 hour after i got it i think.
    Never since.

13. Nog

Nog Avatar

I hear ya. I didn't wear it for the visual customization reason (ie it's big, bulky and not the color scheme I had in mind from an RP stance), and that was before the Shroud provided a speed decrease to virtuous characters.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  14. Floors

Floors Avatar

This whole problem with the shroud can be solved by just giving items in the cloak slot stats.

bokune, Nog and Bigg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.