In case you missed it: Store-Fronts (Ask and ye shall receive!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daigoji Gai, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Yep. Fortunately when I had an inn to swap out, I hadn't seriously stocked that vendor. At least I plan to keep my Kingsport house like it is, because that balcony lets me get out onto the roof of the whole row block.

So, I've been thinking back on just how we ended up with this housing system, and it seems it is not much like you could have imagined from the original plan. Just a little thing here and a little thing there, then players taking a liking to some other things. But mostly it's POTs and row lots that have become such a big thing in this game, even more so now after persistence. And by their powers combined, market towns! I think inns are going to be a big thing eventually, too.

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

It would be great if we can have a separate "manager" for vendor, so we can do periodic store and swapping as well.

3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I still don't see players moving their vendor indoors without a "drive thru" open window stall. Even with a glass front, you're going to have a hard time getting players inside to check out the vendor.

Hazard, Kain Darkmoor, Rowell and 2 others like this.
  4. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

I agree with Jayson. Knowing players, and knowing just how cumbersome checking every single standing merchant in some areas can be... most people will still leave their vendors outside.
    (that is...unless you make the Storefront Home so large that there is absolutely NO outside space on the lot, which forces the vendors indoors, and players will just have to come inside to click).
    (Or, make it possible to click-to-interact with vendors through the glass).

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I think that's true for market towns. but most of my sales come from the locals in the POT I live in, so I suspect as long as the vendor is still visible to anybody walking by, I'd see little difference.

6. ROFL The Uber

ROFL The Uber Avatar

I love this new design and have a green roof is even cooler.

I plan to buy and place one on a village lot (will it work?) also, is it possible to have something like this with a roof one can walk out onto (granted it wouldnt be a green roof anymore)

thanks for listening to the players.

7. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I do hope it is craftable!

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

There is a craft-able version. Owlshead carpenter in the building by the cow has it I believe but correct me if I wrong he has it. I just crafted it for someone who gave me the mats and that person also brought me the recipe;)

Kaffien likes this.
  9. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I see several storefront houses in the newer POT's.
    YES you can click the vendor through the glass if they are close to the glass.

I like the look of the glass house but I HATE the idea of people wanting me to go inside. When I shop I run from vendor to vendor and do not have time to go inside and will not if the vendor is not near the glass. Some people want to have vendors inside so the shoppers will come inside and look at all the pretties. That is not something I like to do. I don't go 'Shopppppppping' I go 'Shopping' and am usually only looking for something specific and do not want to spend the whole day with this activity in a large town.

It would be nice to have the larger version craftable like on the add-in store.

A kewl feature would be to have a combo storefront and either greenhouse roof top or open terrace.
    (I hope they will offer that in future versions)

10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You know what would help with this?

Central Markets.

11. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

12. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

That.
    When i have to go into an town for checking vendors (I do not like towns, because, reasons, other topic) I have to go to vendor after vendor, click them, wait for the tradewindow to populate, enter an searchterm if it has stocked much, do not find what i look for, goo to the next vendor, repeat the same...oh look he has it..no, the price is insane...next vendor...

So i am already in the mood to bite into my bow.

Now picture this... click door to open it... wait for server lag to make the door open... go to vendor...clickclickclick....door closes in the meantime....

NOW i am ready to bite through plate mithril.

I have patience waiting for things worth waiting for, like shopping and browsing just for fun, but if it is lets say an stack of the hated silver for mastercrafting and i am forced to go into stores now guess what?

The vendor inside an store is firmly ignored.

Searching for specific items is already bad enough as it is.

Please do not make it worse, yes the stores are beautyfull and as long i do not have anything better to do i am ok entering stores for vendors but most the time i go to shop because i have to, not because i want to, and as said, as soon you are after an specific item in Sota shopping is not funny.

Windows the vendor stands behind, an countertop that can be dcorated sure, but if i have to open 40 doors on top of looking through vendors.. argh!

13. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Just a note... you can Click Through the Glass of the new Storefront buildings to open up the vendor. So, if a store owner places their vendor next to the glass inside their shop, players can still click on that vendor without having to go inside. No door opening, no navigating around.

For the time being, I still have my vendor outside. I've got my shop set up with examples of the many items I can craft. Think Pier One Imports. Storefront is pretty much a showroom, with the vendor still being easily accessible to the customer.

Elwyn and Kain Darkmoor like this.
  14. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

After setting up some storefronts with vendors inside I find it's not actually a problem if your vendor is labelled correctly and your storefront is decoed accordingly. However, if you are just selling a mishmash of random whatever and you can't fit everything into the label you probably just want to leave the vendor next to the glass so it's clickable from the outside.

15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Its still not intuitive that solid glass should be able to be clicked through, so you are going to miss a ton of sales this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.