Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Still stuck entering NPC towns at 98% :(

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Steevodeevo, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I can't believe I'm posting this, but I do understand this must be a barstard to fix.

I'm stuck entering New Britannian Market at 98%.

God help me.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yeah, our tech team has been working super hard on this one. Until we have it all fixed, when reporting these issues - it helps to know the severity and if any workaround helped. For example, did restarting the client improve things? How about going to overworld first and then zoning in? For some it works on the second try. For others, repeated attempts do nothing.

I'm seeing this happen less and less to the population as a whole, which is great news. But those who get it seem to be the ones that are always the repeat offenders :(
    @Steevodeevo

3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

is it players with Vendors?

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

@Lexie, Spotted the request for extra avatars to load test at the Lux Sanctuary dance party and hit 98%, after restarting I got in but the client stalled again right after my avatar spawned.

Edit: Third attempt successful.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hey @Lexie do I keep reporting these stuck at 98% events whenever it happens or have you seen enough reports now?

Anyway for now - It just happened again right now. In terms of background info, I was on the overworld map and selected NMB to enter. Game hung at 98%.
    I left it for about 5 minutes to see what happened, but didn't enter and had the Windows blue circular timer (crash?) on screen on top of the SOT loading screen.
    On return to desktop I forced SOTA to close and Windows was reporting the SOTA App as 'not responding'.
    On restarting game I was still on Overworld and was able to enter on the second attempt.
    I have items for sale on a Vendor in NBM in case that matters.

6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Now stuck at 98% trying to get into Deep Ravenswood. This is a first, never had a problem here.
    - No vendors here :)
    - This was a re-log in from opening the game, not zoning from the overworld map.
    - I was installing another game at the time (on Steam) in the background, so bandwidth was under strain.

7. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

First time ever - killed client, relaunched, stuck at 98% again (deep ravenswood)
    - things seem to be getting worse, or lse I have hit the primary causes.
    - no bg downloads this time, so that may have been a red herring.

8. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Third times a charm.

9. Erich Ruhl

Erich Ruhl Avatar

Lexie... Since other fixes have come I have now only been plagued with the 98% Bug whenever I go to Caelestis Canton --a nested town not on the Overland with PaxLair. I have not tried other nested towns but wonder if this could be a key feature too. I get it whether I teleport or walk to their through PaxLair. Sometimes, I have to restart my client, sometimes Steam errors out and I have to fully reboot my computer.

Most times when I get back into game, I find myself in Caelestis Canton but sometimes I'm not and will occasionally crash again but, so far, most times I don't crash a second times -- this is an improvement to earlier when I crashed five times in a row, so that's, at least, a sign that you're getting closer to fixing it.

10. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

getting this even when entering Kingsport, maybe its time to call some Unity staff to help you guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.