Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Practice Dummy Does Not Place Where Dropped/Moves After Logout Login

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Ryodin Stormwind, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

5/31/2018 3:18 PM
    Title: Practice Dummy Does Not Place Where Dropped/Moves After Logout Login
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: When I place a practice dummy on my lot, it doesn't place where I dropped it. Seems to snap to the edge of the property.
    Steps to Reproduce: Place practice dummy on lot.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 16309
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.Win.64.783.Date.05.31.18
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01a_template/Soryn Fields
    Area Display Name: Soryn Fields
    Loc: (114.5, 44.5, 95.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxTb3J5biBGaWVsZHN8KDExNC40ODksIDQ0LjUwMiwgOTUuNjUpfCgwLCAwLjUzMSwgMCwgMC44NDcpfDU5LjY4NTQzfDMwLjk0NjM3fDkuNjY4NzY5

Shows me placing the practice dummy.
    [​IMG]

Shows where it ends up.
    [​IMG]

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Ryodin Stormwind
    Is this issue now resolved for you? Checking out your property I see it sitting at the same spot you were trying to place it...

I also couldn't repro using a different property (inside or outside)

3. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

It still shows it embedded in the stone wall. I'm quitting the client and reloading, will update.

(Perhaps it has something to do with the stone walls?)

*UPDATE* After reloading the client, it was where I was trying to place it. I picked it up and tried to place it again, and it shows it in the wall again for me. I'm thinking it's something to do with the stone walls around my property, and is only affecting the person placing the dummy.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  4. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

If I remove the rough stone fencing, then it seems to place without problem, so I feel like it must be some kind of client-side glitch related to that type of fencing.

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I have noticed this as well. I have a shogun pavilion and had my dummy kinda just hanging out by the stairs where he's been for months. Logged in earlier and he was out in the front yard. I put him back.

Came back to town later, he was back in the front yard again. I put him back.

I logged off, and someone's just sent me a screenshot of the dummy is now HOVERING IN MID-AIR out in the front yard. I'm not even online and when I logged off it was back where it belonged but at some point has tried once more to escape.

I do have my big wooden duck out there. Maybe he was lonely and wanted to be friends?

6. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

I had my dummy on the lot today. Now I can't get it to respawn yet my NPC counter is full on the deco limit. I even shut the game down and logged back in.

UPDATE: I found it stuck in the fence wall. Was able to pick it up.

7. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

6/2/2018 7:48 PM
    Title: I have the same problem!
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: I have a founder knight's keep and I have placed a Practice Dummy on roof (and have done so for 12 to 18 months) Now when I log in I have to go search for the dummy somewhere in the yard!

I used to keep the dummy up against the rear keep wall and it would always turn up in back of my keep. This time I placed it as close as possible to the centre of the roof area and the location where I found it is given below.

Steps to Reproduce: Either log out / log in or just exit the scene and then re-enter.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32709
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU RAM: 4009
    SotA.Win.64.788.Date.06.01.18
    Area: ForestVillage01/Northshire
    Area Display Name: Northshire
    Loc: (67.0, 27.1, 63.3)
    Debug: Rm9yZXN0VmlsbGFnZTAxfE5vcnRoc2hpcmV8KDY2Ljk3MywgMjcuMDU2LCA2My4zMDcpfCgwLCAtMC44ODEsIDAsIC0wLjQ3Myl8ODQzLjg0MTR8MzQuNDc2NTF8Mi45NzYyMDI=

8. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

Oddly enough, my neighbour across the street (for whom I made a practice dummy) found hers just outside her boundry fence. So not actually on her lot!

9. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

6/3/2018 8:14 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: Same issue, placed a training dummy in the middle of the house and logged back in to find it outside.
    Steps to Reproduce: Place a training dummy in the house, log out and go find it outside the house.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 16326
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series GPU RAM: 4072
    SotA.Win.64.788.Date.06.01.18
    Area: Novia_R9_City_Northwood
    Area Display Name: Northwood
    Loc: (138.9, 44.5, 150.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfQ2l0eV9Ob3J0aHdvb2R8fCgxMzguOTE0LCA0NC41MDEsIDE1MC43NjYpfCgwLCAtMC42NDgsIDAsIC0wLjc2MSl8LTI3NS4xMjd8MzIuNzcxMTN8My4zOTM3NjQ=

10. mmikelas

mmikelas Avatar

Dealing with a similar issue... only in my Row my dummy has disappeared completely... I'm surrounded on all four sides by other properties that I don't necessarily have access to so can't tell if he's stuck in the wall or bleeding into another home.

Mac High-Sierra
    Area: Oracle Oasis [POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Oracle Oasis]
    Loc: 67.9, 42.0, 163.1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.