Crafting and why it s....s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pounce, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This is why I think we still haven't seen much advertisement yet. They had to go release for important reasons, but they still thought it wasn't ready enough yet to open the floodgates.

2. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Actually not.
    Most guild memberships offer Commission Free Vendor access as well as no rent tenant access to living spaces and lots.
    An individual can also give you Commission Free Vendor access if you ask nicely and not clog the vendor, thus preventing the owner from providing their own goods.

hammadowna, Elwyn and StrangerDiamond like this.
  3. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

Crafting is something I'd like to devote more time too, but feel at a disadvantage. I have a commission free vendor, but unfortunately my lot is off the beaten path and likely will never see much traffic. Not really related to crafting itself, but more a lack of town lot availability and my own desire for a unique scenic location.

Beyond that, my biggest hurdle is recipes. I've spent tens thousands on recipes so far, and will no longer pay 250 a pop for them. It takes hours to try and hunt down a vendor that actually sells the recipe you're after, and then you're spending a ton on them. It's harder to swallow when you know there are people out there that can teach you a good portion of them for free. I've heard or parties where people exchange recipes but never know when they're happening.

Another wonky thing I noticed, is that I can be refining something like leather and I gain crafting exp. However, I can be refining something like ingots, and it cost exp. I would think that crafting would work the same across the board for materials as far as gathering/refining/crafting goes.

hammadowna likes this.
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That's because you have something set to learning, and it is taking more XP than you are gaining. This works the same way as adventuring XP. Turn off things that you don't want to level higher, and keep in mind that skills get much hungrier as they level up. At 40 it's not much, at 60 it's a bit, at 80 it starts to hurt, at 100 it takes 100k per skill level, and it goes up from there.

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You can from making ingots too, you just must be level up those skills and its taking more then you are gaining. Turn everything off and you will see.

hammadowna, Shadow and CatherineRose like this.
  6. Floors

Floors Avatar

If there were more things to do in the player towns (hunting, finding stuff in stumps, picking crops, etc ) then people would travel more often to vendors out of the way and go into towns more.

Also, theres several things people are not selling enough atm. We need a clay vendor, for a start.

Brugas and hammadowna like this.
  7. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

Until they actually fix the broken 3rd Masterwork and Enchant failure rate it's still kinda pointless anyway. They kinda screwed themselves over making Crafting the only good stuff in the game which leaves zero room for nice loot drops. After doing the math on a great deal of gear and their bonuses, gear really doesn't make a huge difference anyway. Buddy of mine got killed in The Fall the other day by a Cheater that had 10k of each stat and 11k HP you would have thought their damage would have been crazy insane with those kind of stats, but it was still just bleh compared to just someone with just 100 of each stat. There's so much about this game that needs attention, it boggles my brain why people are still throwing so much money at it, they must work for the government. When something doesn't work throw money at it I suppose. And no one wants to shop the all over creation Thousands of different outlandishly priced vendors and never find what they're looking for and waste hours of time. Shopping and crafting the abhor d past time of SOTA.

hammadowna likes this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

Really seems like the Devs should have systems in play to detect and ban cheaters like that. Come on guys.

hammadowna likes this.
  9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Just pure lies, sorry if you have insane int, your meteor will hit for 10000, and about the third mw enchant, sorry but after so many people have tested this and shown it to not be true, I just cant believe anything you say anymore. I dont know why you are on a misinformation crusade, but its really sad.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Shadow, Other players trade so many recipes. Don't buy before you get a chance to let us trade with you. I wish other players would get this information before they buy many recipes they don't need to.

hammadowna and Shadow like this.
  11. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

You know, until you started to use tea party speech i pondered about what you said.

hammadowna and FrostII like this.
  12. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ing-error-w-3rd-ench-mtwk.111369/#post-952688

13. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

He was an archer the 10k Stat guy was anyway. So say's something profound about archery. Archer still beat him though, obviously because he modified his stats or got power leveled by @Mac2 one or the other. Some people don't see a difference in paying for it or just immediately arriving at it. Portal is doing something about the botters supposedly, but I guess not much with the others.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    hammadowna likes this.
  14. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

Well can't please everyone otherwise why would this forum even exist, however I like your little bit about having a bow and now you have a polearm. We are in the same boat together.

I keep asking for a Avatar Reservation/Preservation for the Archers as they seem to have become an endanger species and they need to be preserved for future Avatar generations so we can be reminded of what they look like, of course they're only a shadow of their former selves, but still there are some still alive. It should be a grievous offense to PVP kill one especially on a protected reserve as they're pretty much helpless anyway. #RescuetheArchers

hammadowna likes this.
  15. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Never seen that name ever before, and if I could power level someone to 10k stats, dont you think mine would be there as well? meh, why do I bother, everything you post is complete BS anyways.

Sara Dreygon, Jaesun, Elwyn and 2 others like this.
  16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Did your "buddy" get a screenshot of those stats and HP's ?
    He's (your buddy) either full of BS - or - there's a very serious exploit happening - that should have been reported.

Sara Dreygon and hammadowna like this.
  17. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

It was reported, and the guy was banned. Antrax has the screenshot of it.

Sara Dreygon and FrostII like this.
  18. Derium

Derium Avatar

Today I learned that I was right by buying all the recipes off of each vendor for 250g when that was a thing.

Baratan and FrostII like this.
  19. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

There are many of us who share your pain, and have put off crafting until it becomes more desirable or palatable, try and get stuff crafted by those lucky enough to buy all the recipes at 250g a pop when that was still a thing might find someone who doesn't charge too much. It's tough though when so many crafters are trying to recoup their losses and there's such a powerful incentive to make real money off the market place selling Gold and goods. People have to save up to be able to buy enough for the next give away item on the next live stream.

Derium likes this.
  20. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

^THIS, NOW, PLEZ (not just buy orders!) at least we only need to load 1 npc town per region with this idea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.