Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Upper Tears is a lot of fun

Discussion in 'Release 54 Feedback Forum' started by Tila Tenderfoot, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

There is a big difference imo. The loot tables in Ruined Keep are pretty bad (told this to Chris personally), harder location with worse loot compared to Upper Tears.

Difficulty wise Ruined Keep is a harder location, but right now only gives good xp, UT gives both (loot/xp) and thats why 90% of the population is using this scene for last two weeks.

Lexie, Alley Oop and FrostII like this.
  2. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

As long they do not drop wood and skins the loot beside the 15 gold per critter is kinda not of much interest... there was some rings and stuff but who goes for the loot to places like that.

What i miss more though is indeed, dungeon crawls, Hilt is kinda the only really dungeon crawly classic in whole sota...

Linear, choke points, hidden areas and all that jazz.

We could use some of theese bigger and with harder mobs, but mainly the feel that you enter theese long forgotten places and get a feacfull of angry skeleton for your troubles, divine!

Rada Torment likes this.
  3. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Ruined Keep is fun, but it have bad loot as Rada mentioned! Upper tears is OP

Rada Torment likes this.
  4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

This thread just gave me a crazy thought.

Maybe the devs can create a POT template with bandit camps near by in the scene. Something to spice up the POT options available.

Or maybe not a bandit camp. Perhaps some cave or creatures the Governor can call out :)

The idea about setting up a home in Upper Tears got me thinking...

5. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

As a solo player I'm not too impressed by Upper Tears. Especially, the wave arena style fight which is what most people seem to like in it, but I can't stand wave fights, but that's only because I'm playing SotA for its RPG/story features not to grind endlessly for XP/Loot. I also can't stand the water there, and combat seems real choppy, but the choppiness may be more related to me playing a bludgeon character, or something else, as SotA as a whole appears more choppy for me since R55. Lots of stuttering and pauses.

Jens_T likes this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Upper Tears is both fun and rewarding ! ;)
    Thanks @Chris and @Lexie

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

It wasn't built for solo players. ;)

Some people enjoy advancing their chars, some like RPG.
    There's a zillion places to RPG, you just have to find other RPG'r's.... right ? ;)

twofoldsilence likes this.
  8. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

The dev's have already given us a sandbox... only our imagination is limiting us!

Updated photo of my "a Bandit Camp" btw... do not miss the HOA/Visitor Center/Execution area (now featuring disembowelment) conveniently located directly behind our camp!
    [​IMG]

Mishras likes this.
  9. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Upper Tears control-point style waves are boring.

10. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Can you attack that smuggler in the camp :)

That's what I'm getting at. Looks very nice. I was suggesting something where we can create the adventure which may include creatures in the outskirts of our POT's for the Governor to setup. Would be an interesting twist in POT city living. Turning POT's into a semi adventure scene.

11. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I completely agree. Also, am I missing something, or did they decide not to add any new quests/puzzles to the Upper Tears map?

12. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    Tears is a great place to practice your resurrection spell and life magic in general hehe.

Paladin Michael and Yipp like this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think they want to avoid having anything with loot or XP implications inside a POT or NPC town, because that could have some fairness problems. Also there's the little bit about how you don't lose XP from dying in a town, and they'd have to change that. (Unless maybe it was a PvP scene, like how Blood Bay works.) While I think they do want to eventually make it possible to set up player quest kind of stuff, I think they want you to literally supply all the loot that people will get from doing the quests.

14. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I have enjoyed UT good loot/xp compared to similar tier areas. I hope in the future the developers add some good multi level dungeons that increase in difficulty at each level. We have enough wave mechanic areas between control points, random encounters, ruin areas, and some adventure scenes.

I use to love the structure of the UO dungeons that the deeper you went the harder it got. I would also like the hardest level to contain a boss mob.

Anvar, Sorthious and Lexie like this.
  15. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I admit, I am afraid to check to see how many people have leveled/learned banish undead in this release :p

16. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Fair enough. Luckily, nothing is truly static and things can change. I love the fun factor of Ruined Keep, and the fact that it is different. Convincing people to go back to Ruined Keep will hopefully be easier after double xp ends :p

Jaesun, Lesni, Ravenscar and 2 others like this.
  17. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Ruined Keep was a fun surprise. Did I mention I 'forgot' it was updated from reading the patch notes?

And those Trolls were amazing plus loved the new bear. Definitely planning on going back!

18. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

This.

I suggested that long ago,to make new extra levels in existing dungeons getting harder , more levels in mines with moire ore but harder mobs etc
    Im pretty sure it was put on the back burner for future content as still plenty other stuff to do first, but be very cool to discover new areas in existing zones over time.

19. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

And once they drop more than 1 reg and 15gold :p

majoria70 likes this.
  20. golruul

golruul Avatar

Just went here for the first time solo and am not impressed. There are super-zerg melee stunning skeletons that absolutely outclass the light armor+ranged kiting build I had on at the time. No chance of keeping distance from them, especially with the movement speed nerf. Their stuns last a long time, too. Enemy skeleton archers obviously didn't help. Cloth+mage build wouldn't work either as that was focused on keeping distance.

Died a couple times before I took out my trusty heavy armor + melee deck and did ok, but why the bias against (light armor) ranged users?

Tila Tenderfoot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.