Started playing the game 5 days ago

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razimus, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Looking forward the tiki head with flames, glad you guys hit the goal for it, I like tiki stuff.

I just started playing the game 5 days ago. I know I backed this game 50,000 years ago, but I was waiting for it to be in a decent state, and the game is looking pretty good. I made a blacksmith that hasn't smithed a single item yet, because I'm still in the process of mining and making ingots, and after 5 days of the process I only have like 60 iron ingots, and like 40 copper ingots, that's it. 5 days of work, but I see why they made it so hard, so the game doesn't get boring in the long run, and items have more value when you have to work for them.

The game feels like a vintage MMO in a good way, I like vintage MMOs, I would name the other games it's similar to but those games are all gone, so this is the only last old school MMO out there. I think even the old backers don't know how fun the game is if they give it a try. The improvements in combat and the game overall are greatly noticeable. The only issue I have noticed besides small bugs that I've reported involves maps defaulting to "private", when it's an MMO, so why am I selecting "online" play, only to be defaulted into single-player-private dungeons? During the early releases this wasn't the case, you entered the Soltown catacombs and you saw other players, but with this "private" default, you never see other players, unless you join a party, but joining a party isn't everyone's style. So aside from that, it's fun, I haven't tried the party system yet, so I don't know how it works, but overall the game is fun, I already knew ore and ingots are hard to come by, and so I've saved them and haven't used a single ingots yet, but maybe I'll find a good spot where I can mine. Solo the game is tough, tougher than I think other MMO players would be used to, but I'm adventuring level 39, and that's the highest I've ever been level-wise in this game, the quests are all working, would like to see more players in the game. Loading screens aside it's a fun game and I look forward to leveling up all my skills, and I'm glad they added the down arrow to skills.

Astirian, hammadowna, Hazard and 18 others like this.
  2. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Yeah man I agree, it feels old school in a way, and it's pretty fun.

3. Metalocalypze

Metalocalypze Avatar

Most Dungeons are private instances. Solo and Party from my understanding.

Glad to see you back and enjoying :)

4. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

5. Brian4

Brian4 Avatar

Welcome back Razimus

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You can also purchase resources you are looking for, and sell resources you have no interest in to cover that cost.

Just keep an eye on resources and the cost of them.

And welcome! Ask away here if you have any questions. This Community is awesome.

7. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Nice to eat you, again!

8. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

You should be able to increase mining to 100+ ore an hour soon enough.

Razimus and hammadowna like this.
  9. marthos

marthos Avatar

I just wanted to mention that it does get a bit easier to get crafting materials later on. There are skills you can unlock that allow you to mine a node more than once (meticulous collection) and a skill in the smelting tree that gives you a chance to make two ingots instead of one when processing. The biggest improvement to your trade will come when you can survive in some of the mines.

If you want me to take you on a tour of some of the better places to mine, look me up in game: Marthos Dunesworth.

Razimus, hammadowna and Jaesun like this.
  10. Mimner

Mimner Avatar

Make sure you're using metal scrap when smelting that ore.

Razimus, Jaesun, hammadowna and 2 others like this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome!

Since you are near Soltown

The Lost Whiteguard Silver Mine is? Since you've clicked this I'll tell you! Go back up by Solace Bridge and head West to the Whiteguard foothills. There is an entrance in that scene, and also on in Solania.

And yes, ALWAYS use scraps when smelting copper and iron.

Razimus and hammadowna like this.
  12. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

Welcome to the game. White guard silver mine is a good lower level mine - as pointed out above . You can slavage the skeletons swords for scrap.

Also, check out some of the overland battle scenes with bandits and wolves. Some can be easy to clear and mine.

BTW - I like Tiki stuff too! :D

Razimus likes this.
  13. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Welcome back!

Razimus likes this.
  14. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Welcome back and good luck

Razimus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.