Replenishing Nodes

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Browncoat Jayson, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

With things like the Artisian's Box of Plenty and the Cornucopia, we have replenishing items that produce random resources. What I'd really like to see are deco versions of nodes that we can place in our homes and towns. These would look just like harvesting nodes, except work more like interactables; they don't earn producer xp or damage tools, so basically interacting them would play a "gathering" emote and then add the resource to your inventory. You would be able to set access rights just like any other deco object.

As an example, a Replenishing Iron Vein would look just like an Iron Vein found in an adventure scene. It would replenish once per week, and when used would give ~8 iron ore, and a small possibility of a rare mining resource (like tin).

Each of the various nodes should be present, although higher level ones might cost more or only be available in the Add-On Store. For example, gemstones, obsidian crystals, ash mounds, etc. This would flow into the "capture" system that Richard was wanting as well, allowing you to capture "spawners" that will create creatures that you can fight as well (assuming you are in a PVP scene/lot).

As future considerations, look at adding "seasonal" nodes, like leaf piles, fallen logs, snow banks, etc, that yield other crafting resources (snow balls, honey, sticks and leaves, etc).

MFWalter, Jaesun, Applerust and 2 others like this.
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I like the idea. Some might consider it PTW though is they are only available via purchase in add-on store... so there would have to be a way to get them either via IGG or a quest or some other means for most people to be on board.

You also have to consider that you may need to own property to place them for use.

Jaesun and Daigoji Gai like this.
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Seems like a good idea to me... Would be perfect for the mine basement !

Jaesun and Applerust like this.
  4. KenoZuki

KenoZuki Avatar

PTW? For 8 Iron ore a week? If I was Paying for something like that, I would want at the bare minimum 100 iron ore a week from the item. Personally, I don't see this as being pay to win, because everything is tradeable really. CF Vendors, Deeds, COTOS, nothing is bound. I imagine that this item would also be unbound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.