Crafting and why it s....s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pounce, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

What do you call low T5?

2. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I wasn't smart. I waited until I needed them now they're 10k and up.

Derium likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just take my time and randomly visit different vendors from time to time. 2 recipes I really wanted, showed up on 2 different vendors, and at a cost of 1/2 the price each (compared to the regular asking price). :D

4. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

We need Mimic Vendors :)
    Imagine all the npcs in Brittany Alleys turning into mimic elders when you click one... :p
    Throngs of mimic swarming towards you!

5. Sir Micke

Sir Micke Avatar

I find the thousands of vendors all over the place to be a problem. Also the lot availability in high traffic areas is agreeably a problem too. I think they could solve these two issues by having a global sales bulletin system -- when you put stuff up on your vendor you can flag it to go onto the global bulletin system where people can learn that you have it for sale and the vendor's location. You still get the adventure time to go to the actual vendor and experience a new place you've probably not been to before -- but you shave off all that time HOPING to find a vendor with what you're looking for. The public bulletin board listing could even come with an extra tax upon sale -- even the zero commission vendors could charge it.

matsutaki and Hector al'Hector like this.
  6. Hector al'Hector

Hector al'Hector Avatar

I want this or something like it SO MUCH.

The "regional economies" and individual player vendors are clearly a design decision that's too embedded now to be revisited, but a lot could be done to reduce the wearying flea market slog.

The "global sales bulletin system" could even be regional rather than global. When a seller lists an item on a vendor in Ardoris, the seller can also be offered the chance, for a gold-sink fee, to also list the item in the Perennial Coast Mercantile Gazette. Buyers could buy a copy of the Perennial Coast Mercantile Gazette (again for a gold-sink fee) for the list of everything for sale in that region. But you'd have to go to somewhere in Drachvald to pick up a copy of the Drachvald Prospector to find the listings in that region.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.