Instructions on creating Sheet Music from .abc files please....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nightsong, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightsong

Nightsong Avatar

Hello,
    I sometimes enjoy playing music ingame. (especially if we are waiting for other group members)

I researched & understand how to create .abc music files & where to put them on my PC so I can /play xxx on my instruments.

I have friends who would like to have sheet music for certain songs/music that I have on my PC.

I have tried to copy & paste a song onto a piece of sheet music paper & "publish" it.
    But when I use this sheet music, my avatar does the action of playing the instrument, but there is no actual sound/music to be heard.

I am obviously doing something wrong....
    Can anyone give me a link for instructions for how I make the sheet music usable ingame?
    Or be kind enough to PM me instructions?

I really feel I have tried every avenue I can think of in making sheet music, but to no avail, :(

hammadowna and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

A menu should pop up when you click the sheet music paper.

The rest should be simple enough.

Laz

3. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

Lace has 4 great tutorials on the whole process. If this doent answer your problem it may be a computer issue

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You don't copy and paste songs. You craft blank sheet musics. If you need the recipe let me know it is teachable.

The only way your sheet music will show your name is if you make those blank sheet musics yourself. So don't buy blank sheet musics from others if you want your name on your sheet music. There is no ability for others to make copies of your sheet music that they buy either. Hopefully we keep it that way for the sheet music market to be viable.

You have to make them one by one by clicking on the blank sheet music. The songs in your sheet music folder will show below the title line.

Then just name the sheet music and highlight the song you want to make then click publish. You have to have a title to publish.

Blank sheet music is a tailoring recipe.

Oops never mind it is not a teachable recipe sorry about that, but you can buy it from tailoring merchants.

Edited

So just walk straight ahead to the trainer Mervyn in Owlshead and then keep straight to the tailoring building behind him. The tailor sells blank sheet musics. If your abc files are saved to your games sheet music folder then you should be able to see them when you open a blank sheet music.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  5. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

One last note/fun fact - if you are looking to sell music and make a name for yourself, make your own blank sheets. The name of the creator of the sheet is listed, not the individual that added the music.
    Mind you I still support blank sheet makers, but use those for practice/stuff for myself - not for sale.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  6. Lace

Lace Avatar

Glad they helped you

@Kaffe Nightbreeze
    Here are the other 3 linked to make it easier since I have quite a bunch of different videos I have done

Part 2

Part 3

part 4

7. Nightsong

Nightsong Avatar

Hi Lace, I finally had some time to watch your videos today.

Thank you very much. They really have helped me to understand the process.!

Lace, FrostII and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.