Brand new...

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by EvilLordSMuRFY, Jun 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilLordSMuRFY

EvilLordSMuRFY Avatar

so I’m brand new. I’ve been playing about a week and just got a truth banner thing. I appear to be running around some kind of monastery now to start a courage quest. At this point, my experience is basically the same as a single player game. Any advice or direction that you folks can provide? Im some kind of spell casting weirdo wearing a few pieces of chain mail.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to the Game @EvilLordSMuRFY . I'm majoria in game . I'm also in game if you. Do you have a place to live? I have free Inn rooms available as do others in the game. There is lots more to this game than the quests. ;)

3. EvilLordSMuRFY

EvilLordSMuRFY Avatar

I’m definitely homeless. What are the advantages of having a place to live?

MasterWan likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Are you in game. I can certainly show you. whisper majoria. I am happy to help.

5. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

or Druid Galiwyn, in-game.

6. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome!

When you feel like heading out of the Outskirts for a breather (run through the stone archway to the north) you will be on the world map. Go North and check out Resolute.

There should be some people there, but you will probably need to engage them by saying hi.

Back on the world map, or from the wagon next to the gate, jump over to the S Mart Factorium. That's my town, factory and furniture store. I pay new crafters to help me process materials there, and will give you a tour and a bunch of tips.

Push alt-f to open the Looking for Group tool. Today at 3 pm Central time is a big concert and birthday party at Rest, @majoria70 town. They should have a group open that you can join and then use to teleport to the party.

This won't feel single player any more.

It' easy to not know that there is all this other stuff going on, the same as it would be if you are out in the wilderness on Earth.

But for my yesterday was so busy with events I had zero time to do anything alone. All of them easily missed if I wasn't hooked in, though. I always encourage event hosts to post to the LFG group but it's still new and they forget.

So welcome aboard, if you want to craft or need advice I've got jobs and can always answer questions. Friend Vladamir Begemot in game and see you there!

8. Kyriana Nvermore

Kyriana Nvermore Avatar

Welcome and feel free to toss me a friend invite as well. I can try to answer questions and help out as needed.

9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The main one is having a place to put down a chest or two where you can keep your items without worrying about the bank limit. Then there is being able to play with deco. And each lot has an item limit, so being in your own lot has some advantages over a shared lot, such as being able to place a vendor and go nuts with deco.

10. Floors

Floors Avatar

It's also nice to be able to furnish your space with the many quest items you'll get, have a place to go to sleep after your play session is done, it adds to the realism. You can set a bind point to where you rent or get housing and use recall scrolls to get back to it easily. I spend a lot of time just hanging out in my houses crafting and relaxing. It does take a while to get things going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.