Missing beetle carapaces from my inventory -- FOUND!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woodchuck, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Unless you went into your Options screen and disabled the PvP Notification option you would be given a confirmation dialog before you did anything that would flag you for PvP.

Woodchuck likes this.
  2. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

My guess is that you have those in your inventory, bank or chest in your house. Maybe those came "back" after you logged out. Also have you checked that you have "All items" -tab selected when you have your inventory open?

Woodchuck likes this.
  3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Thanks! I understand now, I’ve never seen the tool tip come up yet. Which makes sense since i’ve not pvp’d at all, and I guess it also means i’ve not been the victim of thieving at all.

I jumped to the wrong conclusion that someone may have stolen things from me based on the fact I knew stealing was a skill in the game, without really knowing the ground rules for how it works.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I will check this flag option but i don’t think i toggled it. for the most part i really just started playing with everything at default .. except i changed it to windowed mode and lowered resolution so that i could play and read forums at same time.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Unfortunately no, I’ve already tried quitting the game, and restarting and checking all inventory and the carapaces are still no where to be found... its really a mystery, but I hope Portalarium support can find out what happened. They said their response can take up to 2 weeks.

6. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Guesses:
    1) they are in your house
    2) they are in your bank
    3) they are in a bag in your bag, house or bank
    4) you vendered them (this would suck but you wouldn't be the first)

My money is on #4 but I'm hoping its 1-3 for ya.

Woodchuck likes this.
  7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Thanks I hope I find them too, but:

1) YES!! <--- updated!! :)
    2) Nope
    3) Nope
    4) I remember looking at the vendor price offered for each carapace, if I remember correctly it was thirty something gold? Then I happened to see them on a player vendor being sold for 800 gold! That's when I knew for sure NOT to sell these to NPCs. I am poor right now, I am certain I did not sell them to NPC vendor! The only selling I did prior to calling it a night (which at that time was around 3 or 4am in the morning) was to offload all the rusty weapons and such that I accumulated. And for this, I used the Equipment tab, where I selected everything there, dragged over to the right window for selling, then clicking my signature button. And for this, the carapaces were not part of the selection.

I just know I was so looking forward to selling the beetles I had in possession, that it was a big disappointment when I finally setup my home and vendor, only to discover, to my utter horror, that they were missing...

oh well... it is what it is. even if support cannot figure out what happened.. life goes on. no biggie. :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

[​IMG]

Update!! I FOUND MY CARAPACES just now!

So I just logged into my account. I checked my Oracle price thing and nothing was there. I scrutinized my avatar inventory again, not there. Then I checked my house storage chest and wulla!! My small stack of beetle carapaces. However, I thought I had more than just 2 of them... ah well.

Not sure what happened because I'm sure they weren't there before (how could I possibly have missed it if they were there all the time?!? *scratching head*)... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................

anyhow glad to have them back.

at ease everybody! ALL IS WELL WITH THE UNIVERSE AGAIN, lol. There is balance in the force again.

My sincere thanks to all for their support and shared concern.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Sweet! Now you only need like 45 more and you can make a suit of hardened leather armor.

Woodchuck and Daigoji Gai like this.
  10. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

Yay. Carapi found!

Woodchuck likes this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I had an NPC not showing up on my lot last night (readout said 2/3 npcs placed) who I KNEW was there.

Waited until today, he's back, 3/3 NPCs on the lot. I didn't put him back, why did he suddenly magically reappear?

Woodchuck and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  12. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

That woodchuck looks like he overchucked.

Woodchuck likes this.
  13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

That's scary!

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.