Selling player crafted gear to NPC merchants

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Nietzsche, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

So, apparently you can get a reasonable deal now selling crafted player made gear to merchants. I tried it tonight at a random merchant but he only offered me around 50-60gp per item. Do you need to go to a particular merchant to get a better deal, or is this the amount to expect?

2. Womby

Womby Avatar

Based on previous statements by Portalarium, they intend that all manufactured items should be sold to NPCs for less than total value of the items required to manufacture it. That probably gives them some room to adjust prices upwards, but not much.

3. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Profits for hard work are not allowed!

4. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

Sounds good , I don't think its a good idea to have people making a profit selling to merchants. However, if this is the case will people actually use the system? I bet there is nothing decent going to show up in the loot table at these prices.

Nog likes this.
  5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

NPCs typically will pay you more if the items you are selling are related to what they themselves sell. So, weapons to a weaponsmith.

Woodchuck likes this.
  6. mistergab

mistergab Avatar

they should give us the same value that they ask us for the ranson

Uncle Sven likes this.
  7. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

I have no idea why anyone would ever do this. It's not even worth the effort to carry this crap over to the vendor.

8. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

After masterworking or enchanting items down to 30 durability to build skill I sell them off. I just have all these items I don't want in my inventory so I sell them.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  9. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

There's always salvaging and trying for crafting components as well which might be worth more than the pittance vendors will offer.

Woodchuck likes this.
  10. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

There was a stream (posted on youtube) when Chris announced the'' improved loot'' that will be in the game with the new ''selling to NPC '' feature ... he even said price received from NPC for crafted gear will be slightly increased.... but nothing happened since then .. we got the ''crafted item sold to NPC feature to appear in loot table'' but we didnt get the incentives for crafters to sell their stuff to NPC . They even talked about making decent quality crafted items drop off higher tier creatures.... ofc thats never gonna happen with current NPC prices, why would anyone sell good crafted items to NPC for 225 gold when even a 2/2 well masterworked /enchanted chest can easily fetch 20k gold.

On the other hand if say tomorrow we could sell crafted gear for 10k-20k to NPC it would bankrupt for sure some of the big whales who got gold stockpiled in 10's of millions... probably mess up the game economy for months till prices stabilize .... chaos and mayhem.

We'll see how it develops in the future.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  11. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

It was very weird the way they handled that change. Very schizophrenic decision making. There is basically zero reason for gear sold to a vendor to recycle into the loot table unless you give incentive for players to sell gear to a vendor (outside of a million unenchanted bear and wolf hats).

3devious and Nietzsche like this.
  12. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Yes . Something happened that made Port , change their mind or at least postpone the '' incentive'' part .... the simple rumour of gold inflation (as a result from increasing gear price) drove everyone to drop gold and invest in coto ..we all know what happened with coto price afterwards reached almost 5k ..now that market stabilised again price went down to 3.5k-3.8k .

13. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

I've received a few crafed items in bundle. (Pink shirt for the win!)

I've not highlighted everything to see how many were craft items, but I do know of about a dozen or so picks. Sold one in market for 5k after I mastercrafted it to scrap. I've sold a small batch of t1 items myself. Made about half the investment back. I don't make much t1; and have held off on sending t2 out the door offering to Mastercraft once and them handing them off to the resident enchanter to ski off of. One of the last daggers ended up with 18 strength.

14. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

I have gotten a few in yellow bundles. was pretty salty thinking I was getting something nice but the 2 that stick out to me were a like 20 dura shield and a spear with no value at all.

made me kinda angry to be honest getting trash like that in a yellow bundle would rather get nothing then that.

Nietzsche likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.