1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Company Status

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Greetings Avatars,

Now that we are almost complete fulfilling our Kickstarter promises (brewing coming online in R55, physical rewards shipping very soon, progress being made on castle defense, etc.), we are adjusting our team size to better match our current monthly revenue. This will give us the balance we need to begin work on Episode 2 while ensuring we can support the online service. To do that means having, at least for now, a smaller team.

Right now we will shift our focus from creating new content to polishing our existing systems. This means making a stronger new user experience, fixing bugs, reworking the quest system, performance improvements, user interface polish, and more. At the same time we will continue the Tier adjustments in progress which will rework our existing scenes to more appropriate difficulty levels based on our current player population.

You will be a big part of our preparations for Episode 2 as we relaunch the Stretch Goal Store! You will get to vote on some of the Episode 2 features by purchasing rare items related to Mounts, Flexible Lot Placement, the Elven Playable Race, and Pack Animals. Stay tuned for more information soon!

Darkstarr & Lord British

2. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

In other words, when some folks get laid off it's not a sign that the sky is falling.

[Edit: That comet in the sky, however.... !!]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Though a lot of people will disagree and I am sorry for everybody that will leave.... That's a pretty normal thing, even for bigger studios.

4. Bekido

Bekido Avatar

Big thanks to everyone who has worked on the project so far, your service has been greatly appreciated by most of us players :) Cant wait to see what happens moving forward.

5. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Thanks to all those that have worked so hard to get SOTA where it is today, and looking forward to Episode 2!!

6. Dereck Visaard

Dereck Visaard Avatar

Great news and a touch of sad news but yes, this is part of the development cycle for any software firm. Great work on Episode 1 and I look forward to the game system polish in store for the next few releases!

7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Give me boat fishing (deep water vrs shallow and fishing exclusive rewards), better taming including chance to find rare skinned mobs toss in treasure hunting and other deep systems and ill back eps 2 like I did eps 1.

Aye and sorry to those who got down sized, see ya in game?

Ive been laidoff a cpl of times and it sucks balls. -life changing event

8. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

My best wishes especially to those, who will have to leave.
    Thanks for all the work you have done for the game.

*Salute*
    Olahorand
    Sea Duke of Estgard

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thank you to the whole team on all the great work you all have done so far! You should pat yourself on the back knowing you are part of the team that helped create a fun, unique and enjoyable game.

Very very sorry to hear if some of you have to go. :(

10. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Deepest thanks to the team. I wish those that are being told they must go, safe travels.

Portalarium staff needs our support as a community more than ever now.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  11. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Thanks to all! Keep up the hard work! Very happy to read this plan, sad to hear if anyone is out of work. I give you all my best wishes.

12. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Always sorry to hear that some people will be leaving the team. Thanks very much to those who will be on to other things for a time.

13. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Would it be possible to get an accurate roadmap of exactly what is being worked on and polished before the start of Episode 2?

(I'm still waiting to play the Offline experience until all possible tweaks are made, including companion stuff)

Witcheypoo, Jens_T, 3devious and 5 others like this.
  14. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I promise I did not eat anyone.

15. mass

mass Avatar

I wish you the best of luck on this new phase as I continue to play and enjoy the game. I urge to you to be as transparent as possible in the next iteration of crowd funding to avoid many of the misunderstandings that occurred in the initial one. I plan to continue to support development.

16. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

With upcoming kickstarter for Episode 2 I hope people who have to leave can be on board again :)

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks for the news @DarkStarr. I hope you had a fantastic vacation. Also many of us bought complete stretch goal packages already so please allow our count to mean something. Stretch goals that were $100-$300 range for example.

I know you are making important decisions for the good of the game and I appreciate that very much. And as mentioned thank you for hanging in there with us making this game for us and with us and never ever giving up. That means so much and this game has only just begun.

I will miss you all in game while I'm helping out with my mom for a couple of months so please don't think I've left the game because you don't see me. I will still continue to rally for the game and for fishing, agriculture, crafting, and one day boating, sea battles, mounts and hopefully fun horse races. This is one of my dreams to ride my wonderful horse and jump those hurdles and fences with adrenaline rushing. *cheers* everyone

p.s.. and best wishes to those from our team that will leave us for now. I'm really sad about that too. Thanks so much for all you have done for us and the game.

18. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Downsizing is not a bad thing for the company. A huge thank you to the existing team and the future team!

19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Not cool, imop

20. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I hope those who go, get to post a note of good bye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.