1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Company Status

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Sadly, we all knew this day would come eventually.

Although it is with a heavy heart that we must say goodbye to those who have given so much to the game and the community, I am cheered by the knowledge that their journey has only just begun. For wherever they may go, they will always be a part of Shroud of the Avatar.

I am reminded of this quote by Friedrich Nietzsche, "On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow."

Or in the immortal words of Merlin:

For all of us, devs and players alike, can take solace in the knowledge that our contributions together have created something truly wonderful and bigger than just one person. No matter where we are or the amount of days gone by. I salute you all and am humbled by your efforts!

2. Corv

Corv Avatar

I wish everyone who has to look for a new job the best of luck, may your search be short and successful!

Thanks for your efforts on the single player (dialogue) front! I hope you have a good new job lined up!

3. Galadriel O'Sullivan

Galadriel O'Sullivan Avatar

We salute those who have helped build this new world we as Avatars call home. Without you creators this realm would not be possible. Legends.

@Lum the Mad
    @Skullmuncher

4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Best of luck to those leaving.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  5. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

What I am sad about is that I will never get to hug you again. I realize the last time I saw you I was hanging on you A LOT...like a space invader. I am going to miss you and personally want to thank you for all the work you did to make not only a wonderful game, but a wonderful community. Thanks for always hugging me back.

6. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

This morning when i posted the farewell to Lum, I thought it was only Lum..... As the day progressed my heart is shattering.. I'm literally in tears.. It is like we are losing parts of our family.

Those who are indeed needing to seek other pastures.. may it be quick and greener.. I just stare at the screen as more names cross my list ... I just... I just can't even anymore.

7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Care to share who else is leaving?? I dont use twitter.

Jens_T likes this.
  8. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

@DarkStarr I usually support the devs but the stretch goal store just doesn't work and I wish you'd instead just have those goals during telethons. Maybe between multiple telethons and the number doesn't reset between them or something.

9. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Agreed. I don't know if the new stretch goal store will be something different than the old one - but the old one didn't seem very successful. I'm thinking the new one should be different, more appealing items. The stretch goals all look the same from the OP - so hopefully they'll do something a little different this time around.

Link_of_Hyrule and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  10. taxalot

taxalot Avatar

The game is lacking content. It is not finished neither programming wise, nor story wise & design wise, quest wise, or even on the art side.
    The release was obviously rushed considering the poor state of the game and how unfinished it is. Doesn't anyone wonder why ?
    I hear the last telethons was not as successful as the others, and it's quite apparent the game is not doing as well as expected population wise. Now, there are lay-offs while the game still needs A LOT OF work on every of its aspect and while they getting ready for the production of an episode 2 that is going to require even more asset, programming, and design.

Portalarium is trying to say it's a good thing and that this is normal.

Sorry, but something is off.

amaasing, Blackghost, K1000 and 2 others like this.
  11. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

Something could very well be off and they are going to make the best of a bad situation. Refocusing doesn't always mean something bad is going on,nor does it necessarily mean that something good is going on. However I for one think closing off new content in order to focus on making the game a stable product is a great idea,and we don't know the extent of the layoffs. The simple fact is that building a project as ambitious as shroud is HARD as hell,and making everyone happy at once is literally impossible. This is something that has been a long time coming,and while it's going to cause a panic no matter how they slice it I am happy to see this becoming a priority.

In short, if something is wrong,they aren't going to just abandon the project. Sometimes you need to cut off a limb to save a patient.

12. redfish

redfish Avatar

I hope those who are leaving have the opportunity to work at Portalarium again in the future if they want to...

And in the mean time join us normal folks and play the game with the rest of the community. ;)

13. Womby

Womby Avatar

My best wishes to all those who are departing Portalarium. I too have had the experience of being laid off. It is a stressful time, and I hope things work out.

14. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

This causes me zero concern above the ones I already have its just business in all its gory glory.

Good luck to the people moving on.

15. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Thanks to all of the Port folks who have poured their efforts into this game and I also hope those who have left the company will find success in their future endeavors. Take care and best of luck!

16. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Well... I originally came to read the comments, and eventually act like an arrogant schmuck mansplaining w/ wordy lecturing for everyone to relax.
    Thankfully, I was put in check by the responses already provided by a community I love. Cheers.

THAT SAID.....

I will add this however and moon ninja vanish exit stage left...
    Right now; we have a role.
    While fixes are going down, it honestly doesn't warrant the marketing investment from Portalarium.
    ROI, sounds stabilized based on average monthly income at time.
    So when it comes to building the player base, we the community, should take a larger role if we want it to exponentially grow.
    We have great streamers sharing their daily lives; we need more.
    A variety to appeal to a variety of players & styles.
    Those streaming, hopefully, can work out a cadence where it isn't a competition, more like blanketing time slots with various styles.
    A single time slot can support the multiple play styles SOTA allows.
    Just saying, know front page and Discord advertises some of our best streamers, but could use more leaders from community stepping up given how awesome they are.
    And those with reach? Share those Streams. Great streams = more shares by more people that may adopt.
    [​IMG]
    Did I mention I was just saying.:oops:

17. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

Good luck to you ol Friend :D

Vodalian likes this.
  18. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I’m shocked at the two names I know.

One thing @Berek. I think the website team page needs a seriou update even firelotus is still listed.

3devious and Jens_T like this.
  19. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Has there been an announcement who is leaving the company? All I see is people throwing names on FB, but no official statement who left?

Jens_T, liz_the_wiz and StarLord like this.
  20. Ellrynn

Ellrynn Avatar

Goodbye and good luck to those who are leaving and thank you for the work you have done for Shroud of the Avatar.
    I hope we will hear from you despite your departure ...... good luck and thank you!

Ancev likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.