1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Company Status

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Mostly the names will have come from the people themselves.

However to fight a rumour fire which can spread faster than anything. Much as it’s painful for all. A list of names would be answer.

2. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

No, thank YOU!

This news is at once vastly shocking and regrettably expected.

Good luck to who is leaving. Even more good luck to who's staying.

3. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

To the Developers:

Personally I've had the opportunity and the great honor to meet all of you, the developers at Portalarium in Austin. Your team is truly an inspiration to me and to so many others around the world. Each of you inspire me to learn, grow, and apply many of the practices and work ethic you show me every time I visit.

The journey you've taken us players on through Kickstarter, development, Episode One launch, improvements, and now going into Episode Two planning is quite frankly ... a journey few people like us players could ever dream to be on with a quality team such as yours.

I understand some of you will stay, some will go, some will hopefully return in the future. Please know that you are all my friends. Thank you!

/bows
    Winfield

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Spoon, Cirsee, Glimmer and 23 others like this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Thank you to all on the Portalarium Team that made SOTA Ep1. I love living in this virtual world.

Good luck to everyone! Keep making great games!

5. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Always hard when people have to leave, but thank you for your hard work. From a favorite quote that feels appropriate:

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

Beli, Solazur, Witcheypoo and 4 others like this.
  6. Andreaus Whitefyre

Andreaus Whitefyre Avatar

To all of you now looking for jobs after Port let you go, I wish you the best of luck and God Speed. May we meet again in game as Avatar and Avatar, instead of Avatar and Dev. You are Family to all of us.

3devious, idaniod and Scottie like this.
  7. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

For good or ill i wouldn't be anything of who I am now without shroud and the world these people helped build. It's my first MMO and it helped me cope with some tough times and learn a whole hell of a lot about who I am. I met some real friends in game and have some seriously unhealthy attachments to digital beings. Some of my favorite things in this world are here and I have all of you guys to thank for that. I've been trying to reach out to some of you,making sure that you know how fondly I think of you regardless of whether you are leaving or not. Be safe on your roads and and bring a spark of this world wherever you go.

Oh and whatever game you go to work on put a friggin' bear hat in it. Imperial order. If there is a bear hat I'll be there. <3

LiquidBlaze and Steevodeevo like this.
  8. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

I'd just like to add my thanks to all of the people who've helped make Shroud the great game it is. This announcement is very sad news, but I'm sure that all those who are directly impacted by the announcement will find new challenges and opportunities soon.

I'd wish you all good luck, but given the talent and commitment shown in creating and launching this game, I'm certain that you won't need my wishes (although you've got them just the same).

Witcheypoo and Scottie like this.
  9. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Anyone else have a hard time getting to sleep last night? I was just wracking my brain laying in bed staring at the ceiling thinking about this and what has happened.

Shine on you crazy diamonds. :(

10. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Well put, definately more community involvement, I always hear (and agree) people saying how great the shroud community is and how helpful, but to a new player finding them can be a little hard due to some simple communication failings the game has
    compared to other MMos ie no global chat (except nobles) , and a zone chat thats off by default so people cant zone shout to new players and a lfg tool they dont know about.

But that said some of the tools are there ie LFG and most days I look dont see many groups and only occaisonaly a hospitallier with a group to help noobs, surely the hospitalliers can get together and try and organise a more 24/7 coverage
    to help those new players into the game, and the devs add a section in new user experience that gets them to open up the lfg tool and join a group.

Witcheypoo and Daigoji Gai like this.
  11. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

A big thank you to everyone in the team for bringing us into the world of New britannia!

/applause /bow

12. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I don't know the whole list of names who are leaving (other than Lum) so I would just like to collectively thank all those who are leaving the Team... for all the hard work they've put into this game I call home.

Lum, I'd also like to thank you personally for being instrumental in a large part of the "story" and quest system of this game and also for the few prizes I won during the telethons. :D I know you had a random name picker to choose them, but you were in charge at the time so you get my praise!

I wish those who are leaving well and hope they find something else they love to do (and get paid for it).

For those who are still here, keep up the great work. We're counting on all of you to keep this game alive and making it into what we all dreamed it would be.

Oh, and one last thing...

I'm really happy about the decision to halt new content with a focus on polishing and improving what we already have. The base is solid, but there is room for improvement in a lot of areas. I think once every thing is optimized, new players will start coming in and staying around and the game will grow. Make the good stuff great before introducing new stuff that also needs to be improved or fixed. ;)

Widsith [MGT], JohnL, Scottie and 5 others like this.
  13. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

One point to everyone: Portalarium staff needs our support as a community more than ever now.

14. Vasflam2

Vasflam2 Avatar

Until I can have an enjoyable PVP experience on the regular this game is not done.

/Good luck to the people who are moving on to another chapter! May the wind be at your back!

15. Curt

Curt Avatar

I hope them that leaves only has good memories of this experience.
    I hope the ones that stays will not be overworked.

Daedwax and Scottie like this.
  16. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Thank you for the best 5 years in my gaming career @ the whole portalarium team. Let the next 5 years come on :).

Ronan, Daedwax and Scottie like this.
  17. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Looks like she (I assume) either deleted her post, or it was removed for her?!....

18. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

This is a good day to share this picture with you all.

[​IMG]

19. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Thank you to the team, and everyone who has contributed along the way.

Hope to meet you all again in our travels. /toast and /salute

Lady Addy likes this.
  20. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Best of luck to those that will be leaving, thanks for all the hard work you did on an amazing game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.