Episode 2 Kickstarter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ok where do I put my money?

Things I want:

Deep content boat fishing shallow water deep water fishing specific loot tables risk and reward.

Deeper taming system (much) armor skills pet leveling rare skinned mobs and yes even pet perma death.

Treasure maps hunting and related skills i.e cart, lock picking decoding etc.

Real Battlegrounds wow style.

More player owned town depth, i.e residence can work to upgrade stuff build stuff etc.

These are a few things im willing pay to support, what are your ideas.

/points at you....

2. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Sell the game to Travian once all KS goals are met, restart a copy of the game with more features, full wipe + no paywall content.

Blackghost and bloodydragon like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Greatly expanded storyline, with multiple branching narratives.
    Tons of side quests, including repeatable content.
    Even more story and lore.
    Horses, boats, airships, and other vehicles, including ship-vs-ship combat.
    Yep, more story and quests.
    Item evolution via history (i.e. wolf-slayer swords).
    Insert placeholder for more story.
    Greatly expanded list of combos, including the ability to use them in a locked/heat deck.

Astirian, Vyrin, Verit and 6 others like this.
  4. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Heh... Some of the above have already been stated as goals starting in Episode 2 thru at least Episode 5 of the ongoing game development.

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yup my post did not ask to restrict from whats already on the list, how ever it did ask whats your ideas.. and what you want, heck man I even pointed at you.

;)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    matsutaki, Witcheypoo and Daedwax like this.
  6. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

You hit a few of my big ones:

Boats/ships, fishing, sea creatures (some of which are bosses)

Deeper taming system with armor and skills for pet, pet leveling, rare skinned mobs.

Treasure maps/hunting and related skills like cartography, lock picking, decoding, etc.

Witcheypoo and Brass Knuckles like this.
  7. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Improved crafting system and more PVP features... i would support that.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  8. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I will spend BIG for taming stuff! :)

9. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I'm actually quite excited for the upcoming features. I would REALLY like to see player operated ships pop up sooner than later, even airships, as we already have so many models of those in the game, as is.

BUT... before even that... I would LOVE to see mounts. Not just horses... but also Bear Mounts! Imagine riding into battle on the back of an Obsidian Bear, tamed by your master taming abilities? Or... have them add BIG BUTT Wolves and be able to ride a BIG BUTT Wolf into battle! Spider mounts? Sure! Obsidian Nightmare Steeds made out of piles of bones? HECK TO THE YASS!

Mounts, then ships... and all the things that having ships suggests. (Pirates, pirate booty, etc., etc.)

10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I really dont care much about story since I play the game more like UO or a MMO.

I would love to see greater diversity of content (more critters, weps, wep or magic trees, higher content zones, crafting types). Large systems not just small little things.

I'd love to see a truly well designed siege system (castle and city) for large groups.

Would love to see an actual real PvP system

11. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

1) As others indicated, ship movement/battles, 2) Guild wars where guildmasters set rules of engagement. 3) Old UO map as ep2 land mass in 3D.

R/Boris/El Pirata

12. Aelender

Aelender Avatar

I would not get hopes up on any meaningful boat system ever being implemented. I'm no programmer, but I've played many MMO's, exactly zero of which have ever implemented playable boat systems post launch. Its not something you can just 'tack on' without planning and designing for from the minute you start building the game. Only one MMO I've even seen do boats remotely well is Archeage, which had boats and sea travel planned from day one.

If kickstarter two manages to raise enough money to hire many more devs/programmers and rebuild the graphics engine from scratch, then, sure, maybe. But this engine and the current size of this team? No chance.

13. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Is Episode 1 finished?

14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

15. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

615 threads on the R54 bug forum would suggest otherwise.

Diab Blackbow likes this.
  16. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

The Unity Engine makes many things possible, with tweaks to the system, with the beauty of the instance system, many things can be done with that too.

The idea of ships and ship combat has been floated with this game since WAY back in the pre-code Kickstarter days. So, they have to have notes and process ideas down with regards to that, already.

17. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Bugs are always difficult to squash.

Hell... there's bugs in a CAD System that I use, which is REGULARLY updated, ran more than $7,000 for one single seat AND is in use with over 2 million installations and maybe a good portion of those are on yearly support contracts.

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

My kingdom for the following:
    - increase ore mining yields and nodes
    - add more regular fruit (watermelon, honeydew, lime, avocado, peach, cherry, strawberry, blueberry, orange, grapefruit, kiwi, etc.) for growing
    - add exotic fruits (coffee, mango, dragonfruit, durian, mangosteen, acai berry, star fruit, persimmon, jack fruit, lychee, etc.) for growing
    - add more vegetable (button/shiitake/portabello/enoki/oyster mushroom, cucumber, zucchini, broccoli, asparagus, spinach, romaine lettuce, head lettuce, sweet potato, ginseng, yam, taro root, peas, artichoke, green bean, beets, cauliflower, egg plant, celery, ginger, spring onion, red/orange/yellow/green peppers, jalepeno, scotch bonnet, habanero, ghost pepper, etc.) for growing
    - add grains (white/brown/basmati rice, barley, oats, quinoa, rye, etc.) for growing
    - add nuts (peanut, cashew, pistachio, almond, walnut, pecan, macadamia, hazelnut, etc.) for growing
    - add other commercial plants (bonsai, sunflower, tobacco, marijuana, bamboo, flax, opium, etc.) for growing
    - add more fauna animals (squirrels, birds, beavers, badgers, skunks, woodchucks, etc.) and increase their spawn rate
    - add more hunting animals (turkeys, wild boar, moose, pheasants, etc.)

19. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

My wish list for Ep. 2:
    1. Mounts - Real objects (vehicles) and/or animals that we can hop on and travel faster.
    1a. A skill that when you level it up, your mount goes faster (could be in taming tree?)

2. New creatures to fight - Not just new skins of a different looking humanoid either... I want to see creatures with new abilities and tactics that make you think in battle.

3. Expanded crafting system - Including animal domestication, apiary/beekeeping, and other ways to diminish the need to buy components from merchants. This should also include a means of gaining fertilizer for improved planting yields.

4. New Continent to explore! - Will bring in new scenes and hopefully some new creatures that I previously asked for.

5. (To expand on @Woodchuck 's list above) Overhaul to the cooking recipe system that would allow us to customize food buffs based on ingredients we choose to include in our dish.

That's my top 5. I could probably think of a lot more, but I don't want to be greedy.

Witcheypoo and Brass Knuckles like this.
  20. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

If i order the chicken from a restaurant and get food poisoning, it doesn't making it any better knowing that the guy who ordered pork died. Comparing one bad to another doesn't lessen how bad something is.

My point was that before everyone jumps on the episode 2 bandwagon there needs to be at least a period of finishing off the episode one content. Balance, polish, rounding out some of the system, fixing the bugs etc should all be addressed before working on a second project. Even if that second project is built on this framework its still taking development time away from finishing what is already there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.