Can we please setup a subscription service for SotA?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hammadowna, Jun 20, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

You are more than welcome to send me all those COTOs that you find so vexing. I'll be happy to take them off your hands. :D

2. Metalton

Metalton Avatar

*shrug* Don't call it a subscription.. call it a recurring pledge option/plan..

Doesn't even need extra incentives, other then the convenience for those who were going to pledge anyway.. and maybe automatically being included in telethons.. :)

Hrm.. might make it an auto COTO purchase ;)

-Met

By Tor likes this.
  3. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

I'm glad to see almost everyone is for this plan. I hope @DarkStarr and @Lord British shall take heed to the people's demands! We want subscription options! Huzzah!

By Tor likes this.
  4. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

This game already has a cash grab reputation. Kickstarter 2 isn't going to help this image at all. The telethons with the stretch goals, no other mmo does this and it looks desperate.
    I think under the current condition of the game, introducing a premium monthly sub would definitely not bode well for the game and would look very poorly from an outsider or new player perspective.

5. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I think if it is an "subscription to automatical take part on teletons" there would be no problem (aside from that teletons are more a thing for homeowners and sword users, but other topic i guess)

6. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

I don't understand how this would look bad. Practically all MMOs nowadays has some form of cash shop, subscription, premium service to make money. It's a business. I don't think anyone is fooled in thinking that it's for anything other than to bring revenue in. Why would it be different here?

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  7. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

I seriously hope this is not already planned. The straw that broke the camels back ……….

cobran and Boris Mondragon like this.
  8. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Hmmm, how so? It wouldn't hurt anything. It could be called anything really and have the same effects. Just an additional way to contribute and get something unique back for it for those that wanted to.

hammadowna likes this.
  9. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Patentedly untrue. The game has a great reputation. The only thing it suffers with is advertising the game itself and fighting off other publishers that are seeking harm on the game.

Elwyn and Brugas like this.
  10. Curt

Curt Avatar

The subscription I could see would simply give obsidian crowns, with more than 1 tier of subscription.
    • 5 gold crown of the obsidian / month
    • 20 gold crown of the obsidian / month
    • 50 gold crown of the obsidian / month
    And set the prices so the subscription was cheapest way to get N gold crowns of the obsidians (if you is patient)

11. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

I do sometimes forget I am employed by Blizzard to openly trash this game. They are running scared and need all the social engineers they can hire! :rolleyes:

Jens_T and sbf2009 like this.
  12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I agree with everyone.

13. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

I do not support the idea of a subscription service at this point and believe it would be detrimental to the image of this company. I bought the adventurer puede back in May 2016 and got the things I wanted from hard work. I am also seriously considering selling my pirate galleon and pot city water lot. I pitch in 5 bucks each telethon and sell the rewards I cannot use for igg then igg for money each month.

Basically I am bored of the lack of content and challenge at adv level 110. Now give me factions, guild warfare and the chance to have a serious endgame with political alliances and moving/battling ships. Once a viable endgame is here then I may drink the cool-aid again like I first did 25 months ago. R/Boris/The soon to be an ex-pirate

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Jaesun likes this.
  14. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Brugas, Jaesun and MetricPig like this.
  15. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Yeah, I like it. Im interested in seeing the rest of the possible tiers of subscription hinted at too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.