1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lord British Birthday Double XP Weekends

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

The only thing I find sad about it IS that I am hard pressed to find someone to roleplay with whenever double XP is active. I have also seen events that had less participants than was to be expected, because people rather stayed in Upper Tears all day than come to the event. That is sad, I find, and I hope I won't experience this with my carefully planned (since more than three weeks) event this Saturday. :(

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Brewton, Bambino, Aeryk and 1 other person like this.
  2. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Yeah.. because it's so easy to get people of different timezones together on weekdays... The weekend was when I could play with my friends (before they started making Upper Tears their new home).

3. Bink

Bink Avatar

Since doubled xp are no longer extraordinary, when can i buy double xp potions?
    So you can earn money with it and I know again what I can buy during the lifestreams.

4. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Thats true and thats the reason I dont like these double XP Events. Avatars feel forced to do xp farming, even if they want to do fun things.

5. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

I see two ways of solving this:
    1. Make double XP a very rare and limited event. If it is two weeks every three months, we all know it will be over eventually, and will grit our teeth and grind while it lasts, postponing all social events to after the madness.
    2. Make double XP a reliably, regularly, and often recurring event, so people don't feel pressed to use it now, to the max. That way people won't feel bad about missing out on some XP this weekend, because there's still endless weekends to come, with the same opportunity. Double XP would be normal, and expected, and we could go on with business as usual.

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

On that point, we are in complete agreement ! ;)

I always enjoy events, and I still enjoy double xp's.
    They are NOT mutually exclusive by any means............... :cool:

And I would LOVE to come to one of your events, @Helvig Ingvildsdottir !
    Add Robert Frost to your friends list, and message me the next time you have one.
    I'll be there, double xp's or not !

Witcheypoo, Aeryk and nonaware like this.
  7. HuntedHunt

HuntedHunt Avatar

For crafting, is this specifically only Production XP (Just section 3 skills like Blacksmithing), or does it include Refining or Gathering too like the R54 release bonus did?

8. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

i would say double or 1.5 xp every weekend and reduced lot taxes would get more casual players back.

Witcheypoo and FrostII like this.
  9. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

or just make double exp perm :D

Feeyo, Witcheypoo, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  10. Bink

Bink Avatar

Right now I don't got double XP (june 22, 06:11 AM Server time).
    When does it start?

11. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

usually would be 9am server time when the working day starts for them :D

12. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Nope, just crafting ie Production.

13. Nomalice

Nomalice Avatar

This implies that your desires are more important than your friends desires as to what to do with their time. Finding a time that suits all parties would be better. People will migrate to whatever is most rewarding to them. After the 2xp periods run a while, I suspect people will burnout on it and drift back towards the patterns most comfortable to them.

14. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

it actually includes all activities associated with producer :D

15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

This definitely represents how I feel. I rarely play anymore since I've completed the story and most of the side quests. The game is WAY too much of a grind, double xp makes the grind palatable.

FrostII likes this.
  16. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

I will still be around to role play @Helvig Ingvildsdottir (I care not one bit about double xp)!

I know it makes the game less grindy for people which is great, but the unfortunate side effect is that it does hurt player run events. I have seen it first hand with some events I have run and while understandable, it is a bummer to get messaged "I would love to come, but well, I feel I cannot miss out on any double xp".

I do encourage avatars to take some time out for events if they can - it seems clear that double xp is something that keeps occurring with a pretty high frequency so it is okay to take an hour off to meet up with friends old and new. Helvig and Jay Nord's summer solstice event on Saturday being a great example of something to visit that is such a thoughtful and fun event that I really hope people do not miss out on for a little more xp.

Aeryk likes this.
  17. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

In TESO (sorry but I generaly get inspiration from the games I play, actually), experience bonus (about +50%) are scrolls which last for some playtime hours and that you can get from store or as quests' rewards. Everyone can chose when those must be used. Problem solved. There is still the Upper.Tears.being.the.only.interesting.zone.for.grind.problem, but... *shrugs*

18. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

@HannahAlpenglow2 can you all flag PvP then I may well come along and join in, summer solstice always requires a sacrifice or two like in the olden days here in England at Stonehenge ;)

For me it'll be grind, grind, grind throughout the whole weekend in Upper Tears & Rise when solo. Just got to time getting home from work, dinner and then being online on asap to maximize for UK timezone.

19. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Ravenscar ok you wish to be killed will be granted....but wait until after double xp.

Nameless Sword likes this.
  20. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Agree with this. Seems a more natural fit for this game.

Witcheypoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.