Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

QA improvement of life incentives?

Discussion in 'Release 55 QA Feedback Forum' started by Griffler, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

I'm curious if we could get some incentives on QA that would allow us to test more things, and things we would normally not, or in ways normally not. Like a billion exp in your pool, more cotos, gold, etc...

Things that would not change the game play itself, just allow for more flexible testing. Even faster travel speed on the overworld, increased skill gain/unlearn(or given a bundle of unlearning items when you get the cotos/gold bonus).

Without others playing you've got to hoof it everywhere instead of getting teleport shortcuts, any skills you want to test out you've got to train them at normal speeds, some improvements would really help ease the testing pains.

Thanks for your time,
    Griffler

FrostII likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I would love the ability, just for the test server to create a new character. So we could run through all the 3 Virtue quests (well.... up to the Banners) and report bugs.

I guess I could just delete one of my current characters, but clicking on Delete Character really really scares me...

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Interesting ideas. I could see the ability to bind to more locations really helping a bit for testing (more testing, less running around).

Synergy Blaize and Jaesun like this.
  4. hegpetz

hegpetz Avatar

So I just got on the QA server, but so far I've logged in yesterday and today and first login both days I've gotten a message saying I won or was being awarded some amount of gold and COTOS. When it happened yesterday I immediately logged off and switch to Live server to see if I won there but I had not. Same thing happened today.

Am I actually getting lucky and should be logging into Live first so I can keep the reward, or did they add a mechanic to give everybody extra gold each day on QA?

Regardless, I think something like Ultima Online's Test Center where you could set arbitrary skills or amounts of gold would be awesome. That and the bind or teleport idea.

One problem with some of those shortcuts is it blinds us to some normal gameplay experiences. E.g. if we just tele to the dungeon and whack at things and just create gold/buy resources we may miss a really obvious regression that occurs with mining or something. That's a strawman because it assumes someone won't just mine on QA, but I hope it illustrates the point. I think that's why binding to locations is a great compromise, but wanted to share the more extreme ideas too for food for thought.

5. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

The reward on daily login is QA only. It helps to test things.

Jaesun, FrostII and Synergy Blaize like this.
  6. hegpetz

hegpetz Avatar

Thanks for confirming that it's for everyone! I'm glad we already have a little gold buff to help at least. :)

FrostII likes this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

We've ask'd for these things in the past, and for whatever reason - they don't seem to want to.
    It baffle's me as to why they hesitate, since it would make for MUCH MORE MEANINGFUL TESTING...........:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.