Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By Design]Brittany Tour Guide gives error in dialog

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by amaasing, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

5/31/2018 11:47 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?No
    Details: When listing towns for the quest, one is an error message (ERROR!!_Reference_Not Found!!) Only locations given are Owls Head, Brittany, Brookside, Westend, and Etceter
    Steps to Reproduce:Go to Brittany and talk with the Tour Guide. Get the list of locations and the list has an error in it. If you click on the Error link you are taken back to the beginning of the conversation.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16286
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8096
    SotA.Win.64.782.Date.05.30.18
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany
    Area Display Name: Central Brittany
    Loc: (-7.5, 27.9, -94.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueXx8KC03LjU0NiwgMjcuODYzLCAtOTQuNjcyKXwoMCwgLTAuNzM3LCAwLCAwLjY3Nil8LTEyMC4xODEzfDE4Ljg5NTA0fDIuODU4Mzg5

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@amaasing, this is not a game error. the last location is a place that the tour guide automatons can't comprehend.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Then that should be more clear in what the Tour Guide states instead of what is shown.

zyxe likes this.
  4. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Those tour guides are automatons. Basically robots. So what they say is pretty much how a robot would state that location since it doesn't know. Once you start using the Lunar Rifts you will see a location on your compass that isn't on any map. You get to that location by entering a Lunar Rift where it normally goes. i.e. If the Lunar Rifts are going to Etceter and you go into the Rift while in Etceter, it takes you to the "reference not found" location.

5. Indhira Dahgda

Indhira Dahgda Avatar

I got the same one today. I've read the responses - but my question is this: Will you still be able to complete the quest for the reward byt visiting the 4 remaining locations of Brookside, Owls Head, West End and Ecteter? It looks like one location has fallen off the list and is now reporting as an "error".

6. Alley Oop

you have to visit all of them. just because the tour guides can't tell you the last location doesn't mean it's not a valid one. think about how the rifts work.

7. Indhira Dahgda

Indhira Dahgda Avatar

I get that and thanks for replying, but it seems to me that the one that is missing and reporting the error is Soltown as acording to release 52 that is where one is supposed to start but something is wrong with the Tour Guide there. I went to Soltown, found the guide and it says "search for the automated Grand Tour Guide in Soltown" when there isnt one there. I used to acceptance test software and that error message that is occuring in Central Brittany automated Grand Tour Guide is a coding error message. My guild mate has compeleted this quest already but did it during the release 52 period. Am going to check with him to see if it's still inhis completed journal to see if Soltown used to be listed and somehow it dropped off after R53 or R54

8. Alley Oop

no, the last one has nothing to do with soltown. soltown was the previous starting location before the grand tour was discontinued in release 25, the current iteration starting in R52 is unrelated.

ALL the other locations are lunar rift locations, it stands to reason the last one is too.

9. Indhira Dahgda

Indhira Dahgda Avatar

Super - then someone needs to update the WIKI:

"The Grand Tour is a series of quests, designed to test the quest system as well as get players to travel between the various locations in the game. In Pre-release, each quest resulted in a different hat, which became quite collectable.

Information about the Grand Tour in previous versions is available on the History page.

Release 52 Grand Tour[edit]
    To begin the Grand Tour, speak with the Tour Guide Automation in Soltown to be sent to the first guide in Central Brittany, or with any of the other Tour Guides found during the quest."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.