Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Cooking Station stops working from brewing recipes

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Griffler, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

6/24/2018 10:41 PM
    Title: Cooking Station getting drunk off Wine Casks
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: See below
    Steps to Reproduce: Queue up at least 2 Wine casks of either variant in the Cooking Station. The first seems to complete, but the second is where the error happens.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32694
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 8137
    SotA.QA.Win.64.710.Date.06.22.18
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Rinzai
    Area Display Name: Rinzai
    Loc: (89.8, 38.0, 120.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxSaW56YWl8KDg5Ljc5NCwgMzcuOTg3LCAxMjAuMjcyKXwoMCwgMCwgMCwgMSl8LTEwMC45OTk2fDQ0Ljg3MDQ0fDMuMzE2ODM1

Details:
    When making Wine Casks the cooking table gave an error, "Server: BeginBrew: target container is not empty", in the chat window and the items went red(pic 1). After closing the station I get an additional error, "Server: DestoyProvisionalBag: bag is not empty"(pic 2). After this the station gives a Cancelled(pic3) result without any other messages in log, but am able to successfully use other stations. It appears it is giving me the initial(2nd in queue) cask that it fails on after re-logging.
    I re-logged and restarted the client at least half a dozen times each, and was able to replicated this each time with wine casks. I am able to craft all other components and casks of the new brew system without error.* I was eventually able to get the Spirits Casks to do the same thing but it is now kicking me out of the cooking station completely and giving the same errors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    LoneStranger likes this.
  2. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I have been running into this same issue. I had to relog to try again on the station. It destroys the Wine Ingredients too.

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Sounds like the issue might be because the recipe that asks for casks is allowing filled casks to be populated to the crafting station?

I would say a simple fix would be to just not allow filled casks to be used at the stations... but there is another recipe to Reshape them (to add heraldry to them) so it needs to be able to be put on the station. Maybe a name change on one of them is required so that the recipe doesn't pull the wrong (filled) one?

LoneStranger likes this.
  4. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

Hum, I dont know, seems to me like the station is just not giving it to the player when its done. But thats why we have Bug Reports.. leave it up to the devs, no need for speculation they know 100% better then us!

5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

One at a time is fine, but when you do two or more, the second tries to use the filled cask from the first attempt. It fails, destroying your wine ingredients in the process.

Double-clicking the recipe from the table UI does not select a filled cask. When I do not have any empty casks and double-click, it will not select a filled cask. So, there is some logic somewhere that can differentiate between the two.

My guess would be that in the craft batching code it is checking only for the existence of the object type in order to proceed, and not the state, i.e. empty vs filled.

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

As a member of the Bug Brigade, I've been speculating on what the issue might be as suggestions for Devs to take a look at when fixing the bug. My suggestions are based off of my experience crafting in this game over the past 3 years. I'm not always right, but I've helped fix a bunch of crafting bugs via my input and I'm only trying to help here too.

That said, I decided to try to repro your bug and I was able to. I'll post my results and info here to further help get this fixed.

- I did a batch of 3 casks of Paladis White Wine.
    - The first 2 of the batch seemed to work fine (I saw the completed "Wine Cask (Paladis White Wine)" go into my inventory 2 times.
    - The 3rd combine game me the same 2 not empty errors you posted in the OP
    - At that time, I only had 1 cask of Paladis White Wine in my inventory and 1 that was in red text.
    - I logged out of game and back in, neither the one in red text nor the empty cask (from the failed error attempt) were in my inventory and neither was the last "Paladis White Wine Ingredients" item that I had before starting the batch of 3. Seems that got destroyed with the error and poofed.
    - I went to an NPC merchant to see if the missing items appeared in the "Sell" tab. To my surprise, the one "Wine Cask (Paladis White Wine) that I could see in my inventory did not show up in the sell tab... BUT, I was able to sell 40 units of Paladis White Wine that apparently tapped my cask before it was ready and sold it to the merchant! I bug reported this in separate thread. I even got a Wine Cask (Empty) added to my inventory via the sale.
    - Finally, I left the scene and reentered the scene (because someone else said that got their missing items back) but all I got back was another empty Wine Cask that can be used to craft another type of wine. The Paladis White Wine Ingredients was still missing.

LoneStranger likes this.
  7. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

nice @Daxxe Diggler , thanks for the extra testing!! I never tried to sell anything with em on me, I'll have to give that a shot later.

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  8. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for all of the testing!

Issue # 60332

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.