Ep 2 Continent expansion: Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

This is the Ep2 Map,
    [​IMG]

2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

What would obviate spreading us out between different landmasses (which are essentially meta-zones) is to get the tech to have ONE overworld to rule them all.

3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Wherever they want to put it. The map we have was never really meant to be an exact representation of the New Britannian globe, just as projections of Earth sacrifice some realism and aren't always accurate.
    They could spread some things out and use the area below Novia.

4. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

This would be necessary if we're going to be sailing around. I wonder how difficult this will be for the developers.

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It could work just like it does now; you reach the edge of a map and get a loading screen to move to the next one.

Unity does have the ability to stream different maps together into a larger map, so this should be possible. I don't know what kind of overhead is going to be required to have two (or more) overland maps loaded into memory at a time. But this would make it "feel" seamless.

The other possibility is that there is a third map, so as you leave the edge of one map it "zooms out" to a World Map and you can travel between continents in a more meta way.

Jaesun and LoneStranger like this.
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I always like the idea of more landmass, but the great strength of the zone-based game we have is that it creates plenty of opportunity to expand content on the current continent. I hope they use that strength.

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

I agree. I don't think that now is the time to expand the landmass. We need more interactivity and people running into each other, NOT less.

The game was actually briefly more fun during the time when everyone logs back in before giving up.

So I think we need around 500-1000 continuous players at a time. Expanding to more and more landmasses will only make that number need to go up.

I would like to see like, a underworld, that runs parallel to this one. Or like a world in the clouds. Like you know where the rest of Alabastia came from or something.

Then if there are all kinds of ways to go from that map to the novia map, it would keep people in the same general area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.