Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Moonlake

Moonlake Avatar

Waves to: @slwen12 and @granpa, @Chrossler and anyone else I might have missed.

Welcome to the game, the forums are fantastic and a great help, we hope you settle in and enjoy the ride.

Lord Trady of Blix and majoria70 like this.
  2. Vosh Halen

Vosh Halen Avatar

Greetings all!

Just this week I began playing, and as a long time fan of Ultima games and the open-ended playstyle and character development I have really enjoyed my time playing so far.

I did run into a snag recently and I’m unsure on how to get back to where I started (Soltown). I was completing a quest to find a keepsake at Solace Bridge for a npc, and I started poking around the area and came onto a rift that brought me back to the starting area where you choose your appearance, etc., and I took another rift that was nearby and it took me to Etceter and I can’t quite get back to Soltown. So I’m wanting to know how I can get back to Soltown. Any help? Thank you!

majoria70 likes this.
  3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Vosh Halen. If you are still in Etceter go to the Portal and wait for the blue glow to say Solace Bridge. It is a transport system that will take you to several places on the map. If you enter it when it says the same town you are in it will take you back to the starting point. Here is a schedule for the Gates

https://sacrifice-guild.enjin.com/lrchronometer

And here is the Mapping system in a web browser that you can have open while playing the game.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/

Enjoy the game and PM me at Warrior B'Patrick here or in game if I can help. Also add me to friends list.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Vosh Halen

Vosh Halen Avatar

Thank you Warrior B’Patrick! Now I can get back to where I wanted to be! I’ll add you when I come back online.

5. Zulug

Zulug Avatar

New Player here to say Hi

majoria70 likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Welcome!!

Feel free to ask any questions. Things can be a bit confusing in the beginning, and we are always happy to help.

7. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Welcome @Zulug.
    Friend Lesni in game. I'll help if I can.

8. Sinistress_Black

Sinistress_Black Avatar

So I just started yesterday, and I'm wondering if there is any chance there is a guild around that is new player friendly? I'm looking for somewhere to be social in game.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There’s a Guild Forum here https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/guild-town-hall.37/

If you didn’t know. Also we are always happy to help with new players here if you have any questions.

10. Criim

Criim Avatar

Greetings everyone. Have only played a few hours....but I can already tell that I have found my new go to game. It is refreshing to get the same feeling about a game that I got many years ago when I first started playing online games.

Started out in Asheron's Call back in 1999 and have never really found a game since then that I really liked as much as I did it. I think I found it in this one.

11. phnxgneo

phnxgneo Avatar

I just wanted to drop a line & say whats up.. Long time UO fan from back in the Renaissance days.. haven't jammed on the PC in years but I've just not found that gleen on the console but after watching this here beautiful project SotA explode into something amazing I'm trying to make some free time to settle in some hours with high hopes :) Game on!!

Jaesun likes this.
  12. Floors

Floors Avatar

1500 hours later "Why this game SUCKS" by Criim...

Lol ! Just kidding man. Welcome aboard !

13. MoonWyrd

MoonWyrd Avatar

Greetings!

New old player? Old new player? Been “with” SotA since the Kickstarter. Tried the Linux client as soon as it was available, but then RL happened. … and late last year I finally had a chance to dip my toe back in. I’ve played a few of the Ultimas over the years. Enjoyed UO. Then some friends and I got in playing Diablo 2 together and years later it changed to NWN ( with a break between ). I’ve been enjoying SotA so far, even with the occasional broken quest ;). So far I’ve been playing in single player (online) mode, though, as I had some negative experiences in UO and EQ that left me leery of MMOs.

I’m a little confused about claiming add-ons, special rewards etc. Seems like it’s all or nothing. Where do they end up? In the bank? What if you don’t have enough room in your bank? And are add-ons associated with the account or the character? Not a big deal when it comes to personal items, but what about a house, and the plot it would require? Now that one can have additional characters I got to wondering if all of them would automatically have access to a dwelling? Feel free to point to any helpful doc out there, I’m still getting up to speed on what’s been documented where for SotA.

Looking forward to exploring character development, it seems much more flexible than many games I’ve played.

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello and welcome to you. Everyone gets access to a row sized taxed deed after finishing all the main quests. In the meantime until you're ready please don't live out of your bank . Since you are playing online come online multiplayer long enough to get a free room in someone's inn.

I'm out of town until the end of August helping with my mom but I always offer free inn rooms to anyone. Then you can go back to solo mode play if you like and still have a place to hang your hat. Then you can place chests and deco your room.

How to claim rewards just Click on claim rewards at a bank.

Check under the forum topics for the market place then select rentals. In this game you will find very helpful players and so you know Most player owned towns are very supportive to other players. For example residents of our town have the use of planting beds, use of a commission free vendor, and the Oracle and devotional shrines are close by. 2 Crafing pavilions convenient to use also. Just jump in the water of the shrines for 10 hour buffs.

We also have looking for group under the alt f key. Feel free to pm me too any time to assist. Good luck and best wishes.

15. MoonWyrd

MoonWyrd Avatar

Thanks for the help @majoria70 . I'll trek up to Wizards Rest next opportunity I have.

majoria70 and Jaesun like this.
  16. sadogh

sadogh Avatar

hi all
    i am new user
    yeto

Last edited: May 20, 2023
  17. Hagbarth

Hagbarth Avatar

Greetings,
    my Avatar ist active since Release 13. I really love the opportunity, to play a UO like world with surprising content. Hope to meet you soon in Novia or visit us in Veritas Sanctuary, where our guildhall stands.
    More from me and the guild in the german section of this forum.
    Love and Courage!

Tanglewood likes this.
  18. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Welcome @sadogh :)

Have fun in Novia!

19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Head to the near by town of Aerie and speak to the town crier there and type bind.

20. LeBeowulf

LeBeowulf Avatar

@Jaesun>Thanks for the heads up. I checked the player guide to discover that I can also interact (E) with the Lot (town) sign. The Elven camp doesn't have a town crier. Continue to have a great life.

Jaesun likes this.