New player, help needed

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Eyonis, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eyonis

Eyonis Avatar

Hi Avatars :)
    Joined this game few days ago (few days in early beta dont count, i guess...) and happy to be here. But i got stuck with a quest and hope somebody will be able to advise.
    So, what happened: i was doing the Esmeralda quest line in Highvale Outskirts. Finished step 1 and Esmeralda sent me to the nearby building to kill that frostgeist and get the skull. Did that but when i returned to her and gave her the skull, following happened:

[​IMG]

Basically she sees i have the skull but when i give it to her, she doesnt recognize it.

At that point i noticed Ghostly Echo Essence was missing from my inventory. Probably i somehow gave it to a wrong NPC when finishing some other quest.
    What i tried:
    - killed frostgeist gain (several times) and got the skull. Same result
    - tried to get new Essence by killing the Hexe npc, the essence never dropped
    - googled the issue and tried all possible keywords in the Esmeralda dialogue, nothing worked.
    - tryied the spyglass in the tower, it doesnt recognize me, nor does any other spyglass.
    - ttried to talk to the ghosts again, they wont talk to me
    - reloged two times, on the second relog the Ghostly Echo Essence somehow reappeared in my inventory, along with 6 or 7 frostgeist skulls :) Nevertheless, this didnt help and i am not able to proceed to step two.

I didnt find any option to open a ticket with the DEV team, so posting here. Any help is much appreciated, as - if i get the picture right - this is my main questline?

Beaumaris likes this.
  2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

When you say she doesn't recognize it, do you mean when you try to submit that item to her from your inventory? If that is the case, this is a common issue that has happened to me a few times on different quests, when trying to turn a quest item in. Logging out and then back in usually fixes it, if not switching modes has also done the trick. Hope that helps! :)

3. Ellrynn

Ellrynn Avatar

I made the way given by the quests, again , I went back to talk to the little girl's father, and Esmeralda knew the skull .

4. Eyonis

Eyonis Avatar

I submit the skull successfully but then she reacts as like i didnt submit at all (the second dialogue line in the screenshot i submitted)

5. Eyonis

Eyonis Avatar

Tried that too. Will try again, just in case.

6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome Vess! Glad to have you with the community.

Just for clarity, are you submitting the frostgeist skull from the quest item submittal interface that pops up? If that is not coming up, sometimes you can get it by typing a key word.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.