Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can we do something about loot drops?

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by Shift, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shift

Shift Avatar

I don't know how many times I've killed a hard boss just to be disappointed by the loot it drops. I spend all the time clearing a siege by myself to only be rewarded by this. I'm not saying give artifacts or high end loot.. but for the love of Gaben himself make my time worth the effort. Loot like this is incredibly disheartening and disappointed. Worst of all It feels like a waste of time and slap in the face. [​IMG]

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

+1 @Shift
    Agree COMPLETELY ! ;)
    We don't even do them anymore, cause it's a waste of time.

3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I wouldn't call Corpus hard... but still, I agree with the rest 100% *grins*

Brewton likes this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I wouldn't call him hard either, but armor/weapons take a good hit.....

Brewton likes this.
  5. Snakyy

Snakyy Avatar

Work as intended. These developers does not play the game and they only change it based to pure statistical data. Thats why loot is so mundane, boring and unexciting as be, especially boss monster are famous to drop nothing s"#¤.

Chatele and FrostII like this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I do believe you've hit that proverbial nail on the head, @Wraitteli

Chatele likes this.
  7. kells550

kells550 Avatar

you want loot, you mine, you craft. that is it. anything else, its the same artifact drop 100 times per year, and a whole ton of junk vials, bottles, scythes, plows, candles, and other **** tier loot that we all junk because it takes up space.

Chatele likes this.
  8. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

We all agree and we all post about it and add telethon questions, etc only to have worthless rusty kitchen items thrown in to make you happier.
    HAHA Most people don't do bosses anymore, we only venture or group up for XP, not loot.

Cordelayne, sardon777 and Chatele like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just wondering, in your opinion, what should this creature drop, every single time you kill them? What would be an acceptable loot drop for this creature?

majoria70 likes this.
  10. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I agree on the disappointing loot for high lvl and or boss mobs. I love to be rewarded with awesome loot drops.
    The problem is that, the system in SotA is. You want epic gear/weapons. You will need to craft it or have someone craft it for you for gold.
    So enabling epic loot drops is against that system. Players should sell their epic gear/weapons to vendors to make these epic loot drops an option, but who are we kidding. Not a single player will sell his good gear/weapons for vendor low prices..

Brewton and Chatele like this.
  11. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

At least higher % for loot bags.
    And while we are talking about loot bags, these bags need some fixing.
    The yellow should normally be a more rare loot drop then the grey bag. But for some reason the gray bags most of the time give me so much better loot then the yellow ones...

sardon777, Chatele and Brewton like this.
  12. Koss

Koss Avatar

Why? Every post is negative. No constructive feedback.

majoria70 likes this.
  13. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'd just like to see loot be more consistent. Its 10gp worth of reagents and gold, or 5000gp or more worth of loot bags or artifacts.

Heres what I'd like to see on a cabalist:
    • Loot Slot 1, drop rate 100%, randomly one of the following: Cabalist Weapon, Cabalist Robe, Cabalist Hood, rare artifact, blue loot bag, 5000gp
    • Loot Slot 2, drop rate 50%, randomly one of the following: vile weapon, common artifact, yellow loot bag, 1000gp
    • Loot Slot 3, drop rate 100%, randomly three of the following: rusty gear, reagents, potions, etc, 10gp
    If you manage to take them down, you ALWAYS get some reward, rather than it being entirely hit or miss. Supply bundles and gold might be skewed higher than the others, but if you dont get an artifact you get something.

Chatele and Brewton like this.
  14. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson

Yea, Chris said they'd be working on mid-tier gear, they need to do more on this.

Something else that would be nice is a reason to kill the cabalists other than loot and plunder. I imagine some NPCs would be happy with you and might have something to offer.

Plus, I'd still like to see the devs to think about some loot models that don't involve finding a bunch of random stuff on a body. In some cases, supply bundles can work (I think it would be great to see these more specialized, again), in other cases I'm thinking killing boss would give you access to some chest or treasure store some way whether with a key or by some other means.

Chatele and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  15. golruul

golruul Avatar

Careful, they might just change it to toss in 1-10 gem fragments from 1-8 different gems!

But, more seriously, if they want to stick to the "good gear needs to be crafted" design, they can have these guys drop something like "Cabalist soul shard fragment" that you can combine after gathering a lot to some kind of weapon component.

Mimner and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  16. Floors

Floors Avatar

45 gold is actually pretty good man :)

17. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I got a nice book shelf out of a chest today. Worth 5k from a deco merchant. The cabalists need to up their game.

Chatele, majoria70 and Jaesun like this.
  18. Iver_88

Iver_88 Avatar

Loot from bosses is like bad joke right now. I absolved dungeon with puzzle openning. It takes 2 hours almost and reward - 20 golds and recall scroll...

sardon777 likes this.
  19. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I think there is no easy solution with that if you do not want to turn sota into the usual "camp spawn X for y days to receive item Z" or cause an inlfation of gp of epic dimesnion.

Bosses are to "easy" comapared to the players power (in the sense that people kill them to often for them to have big loot)

Good groups can farm even dragons, i mean serious...

As i understand it Sota works with an systhem that gives out loot at a certain pace, if people kill much or little, the reward stays about the same, globally.

So what should they put into the loot that NOT means artifacts becomes the new rusty spoon? (Given how quick even harder bossy mobs are killed dayly)

Dermott and Jaesun like this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

Btw, I'm not sure Cabalists "need" to drop something more than they do, not all enemies do. Shadowlords didn't drop anything at all in U5, they were just there to menace us, and your victory in defeating them was escaping their clutches. I certainly don't think all opponents in the game should just be looked at as loot bags to farm, with our primary motive as players to farm them.

But if we're supposed to kill them, there should at least be some point to killing them. Which is why I suggested maybe some NPCs response to you killing them. I'm also wondering if there's any virtue boost involved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.