Upper Tears

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

1st I like the group finder and the fun feel of UT.

But dang this feels op, I know its dbl xp weekend but the xp from ut right now with ZERO risk and almost no effort applied feels like this thing is way outta wack.

Not complaining but im leveling my alts and such in a small fraction of the time basically in auto pilot mode.

Here my question, is this the expectation now on character development? Were gonna need lots of t6+ zones .

Edit: 15 mins on 45 min break is whats most odd to me, breaks the flow for grouping.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I went in for the first time tonight and noticed that apparently supply bundles do not drop there. This makes me wonder if COTOs also don't drop there. So maybe it's a little less overpowered than it could be. Not unlike the old control points, but with limits that have been implemented over time.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they do drop. i've seen greys and yellows.

Jaesun and Ataniiq like this.
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

All I know is that I usually see some in Lost Vale in the amount of time I played in UT, yet I saw none, with auto-loot selected. They're over 50 vendor value, right? I ask because that's the default lotting threshold.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yellows are over 50. greys aren't. last run i came out with two greys and one yellow. i THINK i only saw two yellows come up for roll the whole time. they're definitely rarer than lost vale, just not zero.

Elwyn likes this.
  6. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

COTOs and supply bundles do indeed drop in Upper Tears. I've received both.

Jaesun and Ataniiq like this.
  7. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I have seen & occasionally won the roll for cotos, yellow/blue supply bundles & artifacts.
    So yes, they do drop there, but they don't rain down from the heavens.

Grizzly Adams and Jaesun like this.
  8. Hellscream

Hellscream Avatar

Excuse my ignorance, but i see lately(2-3 weeks ago) a lot of people in this zone, and i wonder, why?
    Doesn't seem very high level, or much variety of things, so i just dunno

9. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

@Hellscream there is an arena/wave event in that zone with elite undead and high level lich

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  10. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Ive seen grey and yellow bundles - I dont tend to get any, but I have seen them in the loots

11. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Extremely didnt liked Upper Tears, it same as monkeys in Krul with much better XP and Loot. Easy, automated and from my point of view VERY boring.
    We need more dungeons like Rise, as new Ravensmoor catacombs(good job) and etc, not grindfest points where I can level up all my alts staying on one place with no risk, almost absolutely automated.

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'm going to guess that with 2xp going on, if in fact there is a global limiter to the drop rate of supply bundles and COTOs, so many more people were playing that the per-player drop rate went way down.

13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

They made it a bit harder in R55 due to nurfs, especially healing. Ive died a few times now and I never die.

14. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Agree that it is OP but I was expecting it to not be trivial after the MS fix. I'll keep an eye on it.

Lesni, Sara Dreygon and Rentier like this.
  15. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

@Chris the player death rate has gone up quite a bit there since the changes including myself in the fallen. Aggro is much harder to control with meteor being reduced in power. It's a perfect zone for those that do enjoy grinding. Especially since it's the only arena type pve zone for life mages. Not every zone will be for everyone but that is ok. I'd much rather you spent your time working on new areas that will appeal to the other types of people then take away something that is appealing to a ton of people already.

FrostII, Nomalice, Caswick and 2 others like this.
  16. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Keep in mind us Solo players. As it is now, the area is very difficult solo. If it is marginal for group play OP, then I hope that is OK this time. Any increased difficulty will bounce the solo players somewhere else. A hard nut to crack IMO.

Duke Gréagóir and Dhanas like this.
  17. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

Player base jumps on bandwagon for faster exp each time & instead it's swing the nerf bat on grinding stuff from control points (try and find a group to do these nowadays LOL) Monkey room, Mages room in Rise, Deep Ravensmoor mob layout - all given a big kicking to slow the grinders down

Elements of player base then whinge about X Y or Z being OP to get it nerfed even more so they can RP knowing they've screwed over the grinders fun.

I'd prefer the dev's to fix overall game play, & PvP so we can all join in without being one of the few 'chosen' to test it i.e. open the zone up to all and let us break it properly as when I 've seen it open via friends list (a teleporters must) only 'friends' names I see in there are mainly big money backers who have whinged about PvP since game conception plus a few of the hardcore PvP'rs that will no doubt have owned them so they can scream more as they tell the devs how wonderful it is and never actually use if we ever get to the stage it goes live properly

Telethons come and go, monies raised reduce (last one needed 2 sessions to hit lower level of cash than ever seen before) and every one starts with a stupid emote or dance move no one bar said RP'rs care about, I don't play an archer but seriously yet again any stretch telethon target has this as the top end prize for a good looking bow.

I really think kicking the grinders and PvP'rs has had a detrimental effect on SotA and this months telethon's going to be very interesting to see value raised (if it's not just inflated to save face)

18. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I had jokingly suggested that I add a new skill per stretch goal reached for this one. Of course, all players would get them so it makes it a bit hard to make it a stretch item. While my focus is bugs and balance, part of balance is making sure all weapon trees are all competitive. My belief is that archery is competitive against a single target but starts falling down quick compared to other trees when there are multiple creatures to hit. Multishot is decent, it is the only archery skill that increases in DPS based on having multiple targets. Need at least one more multiple target skill before it can compete. Most other trees have similar gaps that need filling and I have skills already designed on paper to help fill them. Maybe I'll sneak them on as bonus stretch goals that all players get.

19. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I was unclear about the new PvP stuff but they made it clear in posts (after someone showed me) that it was open to anyone who PM'ed the dev's that were on it at a certain time. So, in that, I think you are way over exaggerating the big money thing. I'll remind people again, I put 5 figures into the game and haven't even heard from a single dev ever in the past 3 years. This is not saying where favoritism does actually exist and it does, but its not with any ol "big money" person.

Elwyn and Aldo like this.
  20. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Oh please don’t go messing with this zone now.

azurewave444 and Synergy Blaize like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.